X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob is stack em like cord wood over there lol way to go brother bob

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
      Thanks guys, it was a great season but I unfortunately I never saw the monster buck that I was actually hunting for. Hopefully he makes it to next year and gets bigger or at least stays about the same size. He's the monarch of the woods and would be an incredible trophy.

Here's a squirrel I took earlier in the year. So technically it's a 2014 kill. I shot him at about 18 yards while he was chirping at me. Pretty funny video.

I was also able to shoot and only get feathers on 4 turkey this past weekend. Darn things are my white whale for some reason. That makes 5 that I have missed or only got feathers on. I'm convinced that if they move when I draw or while I'm drawing I lose my "spot" and it throws off my shot. Any tricks to shooting them things?
      I'm no expert, but my guess is that you lose your focus because you don't know exactly where to aim. Like maybe you are 2nd guessing yourself? I've heard alot of stories about folks trying to figure out the best shot placement and if that is running through your mind, my guess is you miss. Just a guess of course.

Especially when you hit a squirrel at 18 yards! I mean, that has got to be a much tighter shot, but you know darn well where to hit them

Comment

Bob, I think turkeys are about as tough as any critter we hunt! The best thing I have found to do with them is get them real close and use a string tracker!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
          I'm no expert, but my guess is that you lose your focus because you don't know exactly where to aim. Like maybe you are 2nd guessing yourself? I've heard alot of stories about folks trying to figure out the best shot placement and if that is running through your mind, my guess is you miss. Just a guess of course.

Especially when you hit a squirrel at 18 yards! I mean, that has got to be a much tighter shot, but you know darn well where to hit them
          I've got a good idea as where to aim (at least I think) and I have taken one with my compound, before I made the switch. I try and aim a little high and forward of the drumsticks. (this is where the vitals are according to pictures I've seen)

I really think I just get distracted with all their head bobbing etc.

I'm gonna try a Texas Heart this spring to see if that works better for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
            Bob, I think turkeys are about as tough as any critter we hunt! The best thing I have found to do with them is get them real close and use a string tracker!

Bisch
            They are tough! I'm to embarrassed to say how close I was Bisch!!

Comment

Birthday present

So today is my birthday, and y'all know that the only one that knows what you really really want for that one special day is YOU!! I wanted to be left alone so I could go hunt one last time for the season....this is from this morning on El Pico Ranch in Laredo-nice 9 point came out and gave me a good broadside shot! Missed the heart, but I double lunged him. He ran about 50 yds and fell up against some brush. DR Custom Cobra Longbow 55#@28", homemade Douglas Fir tapered shafts, and ACE 160 head..........
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Picorancher71; 01-06-2015, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Congrats Pico!

Comment

Aim for the base of the neck or head......works for me!!

Thanks guys, it was a great season but I unfortunately I never saw the monster buck that I was actually hunting for. Hopefully he makes it to next year and gets bigger or at least stays about the same size. He's the monarch of the woods and would be an incredible trophy.

Here's a squirrel I took earlier in the year. So technically it's a 2014 kill. I shot him at about 18 yards while he was chirping at me. Pretty funny video.

I was also able to shoot and only get feathers on 4 turkey this past weekend. Darn things are my white whale for some reason. That makes 5 that I have missed or only got feathers on. I'm convinced that if they move when I draw or while I'm drawing I lose my "spot" and it throws off my shot. Any tricks to shooting them things?

Comment

Congrats Pico

Comment

Looks like a good way to spend a birthday to me! Congrats

Comment

Already have some good kills for 15
                        congrats fellas

Comment

Originally posted by Picorancher71 View Post
                          Aim for the base of the neck or head......works for me!!
                          I'll try that this spring.

Comment

A pop up blind is also a good idea......

I'll try that this spring.

Comment

2015 is off to a great start! Congrats guys!

Comment

Way to go, Pico!

Congrats on a great buck!

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                                X