No announcement yet.

New Ford Trucks, be careful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A white Ford F250 is as common down here as a Mesquite, po po would wear their selves out pulling over F250 trucks. Almost ever oil field company has white F150 or F250 trucks. That is one reason they are popular to steal, they blend in.

In San Antone they will steal any of them though, they aint picky.

Comment

If I remember correct, in 2008 Ford finally added PATS (passive anti-theft system) which added a chipped key. Before that, they didnt have it so you just needed to turn the ignition which could be done with a big screwdriver and a hammer.

When I was buying my 06 Dodge 2500 from a small dealer in Houston, they literally had a F250 stolen from the lot a few minutes before I got there. The police hadnt made it yet. They said that was the 4-5 truck stolen from them because it was "too easy" to steal these trucks.

Comment

They’ve always been at the top of the stolen list

The Rim in San Antonio at 1604 & I10 is a F250 grave yard and recently the newer f150s are being stolen also.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
          They’ve always been at the top of the stolen list

The Rim in San Antonio at 1604 & I10 is a F250 grave yard and recently the newer f150s are being stolen also.

I've heard about the issues there as well as LaCantera. I've been wanting to go to Bass Pro, but afraid too. My new F250 only has 1600 miles on it and I don't want it to get jacked.

Comment

The Ravelco anti-theft device. It is a wired plug system that you keep the plug with you. A simple but effective device.

Home page for the Ravelco anti theft device, anti theft device for cars, anti theft device for trucks, anti theft device for big rigs, anti theft device for heavy equipment. Not one vehicle ever stolen using the Ravelco Anti Theft Device!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ravelco.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	24535834

I also use a Viper that will page you (up to 1 mile) if it has been tripped in any manner but the Ravelco I believe has prevented thieves from even messing with it. Before it was broken into 3 times, Since the Ravelco and Viper they don't even try now. Its a F250 7.3 Diesel 4x4. This is great when you have to run into Walmart on the way to the deer lease, you know instantly if someone is messing with your truck

Viper is the most recognized name in vehicle security and auto remote start systems, and an industry leader in cloud connected car technology. Viper products include car alarms, remote car starters, wireless home security and automation, window film, window tint, SmartStart, interface modules, accessories, transmitters and remotes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Viper.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	24535835

Good Luck, Stay safe out there.

Ranchdog
            Last edited by ranchdog; 04-11-2018, 07:27 AM.

Comment

^^^^^^^ put the ravelco on mine.

Comment

If mines stolen...I'll let the insurance buy me another.

Comment

Originally posted by ranchdog View Post
                  The Ravelco anti-theft device. It is a wired plug system that you keep the plug with you. A simple but effective device.

Home page for the Ravelco anti theft device, anti theft device for cars, anti theft device for trucks, anti theft device for big rigs, anti theft device for heavy equipment. Not one vehicle ever stolen using the Ravelco Anti Theft Device!

[ATTACH]904267[/ATTACH]

I also use a Viper that will page you (up to 1 mile) if it has been tripped in any manner but the Ravelco I believe has prevented thieves from even messing with it. Before it was broken into 3 times, Since the Ravelco and Viper they don't even try now. Its a F250 7.3 Diesel 4x4. This is great when you have to run into Walmart on the way to the deer lease, you know instantly if someone is messing with your truck

Viper is the most recognized name in vehicle security and auto remote start systems, and an industry leader in cloud connected car technology. Viper products include car alarms, remote car starters, wireless home security and automation, window film, window tint, SmartStart, interface modules, accessories, transmitters and remotes.

[ATTACH]904268[/ATTACH]

Ranchdog
                  How much does the Revelco cost plus installation

Comment

Originally posted by ranchdog View Post

[ATTACH]904267[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]904268[/ATTACH]

Ranchdog
                    What is the cost of the system?

Comment

I remember when Chevrolet were the most popular/easy and Fords were the hardest, but that was back in the slim jim days before the TV showed the world how to steal a truck with a pocket sized screwdriver 20 yrs ago before internet

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                        Why Ford doesn't go to a keyless fob like gm is sorta bizarre...I've seen vids on the Camaro forum where thieves have to use a trailer with a winch to drag them on & then strip them. I'm told they almost entirely cannot be started without.

If they did that they wouldn't be able to be the "#1 selling truck in the US" So easy to steal and insurance keeps buying folks new ones

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                          Yeah it's a conspiracy theory from Ford. Make em easy to steal and can sell more replacements.

Comment

Cost of scrap aluminum going up?

Comment

If I remember correct, in 2008 Ford finally added PATS (passive anti-theft system) which added a chipped key. Before that, they didnt have it so you just needed to turn the ignition which could be done with a big screwdriver and a hammer.

When I was buying my 06 Dodge 2500 from a small dealer in Houston, they literally had a F250 stolen from the lot a few minutes before I got there. The police hadnt made it yet. They said that was the 4-5 truck stolen from them because it was "too easy" to steal these trucks.
                              My '02 F150 had a chipped key and my current '05 F150 has a chipped key.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                                From what I've heard they are stealing them for parts.
                                Idk where you read that but they ain’t being stolen for parts. Fords are being hit for being used a drug or illegal hauler. Usually the back seat is removed to load more into the truck and then they just haul arse to somewhere and dump the truck if not caught.

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                                I've heard about the issues there as well as LaCantera. I've been wanting to go to Bass Pro, but afraid too. My new F250 only has 1600 miles on it and I don't want it to get jacked.
                                Yes you have heard right. I live not far from the rim and have been hit 4 times this year already. Most vehicle break-Ins are juveniles and stolen vehicles are drug/alien runners. The cops say that most stolen vehicles will be dropped off o the East or south side of San Antonio, sit for 2-4 days in a parking lot and I’d still there when the thieves return, it will transported to the border for use until dumped again.

Too bad the insurance company will give you the run around or screw you if the vehicle is found. Dealing with mine now for just a break-in. Like pulling teeth

Comment

Working...
                                X