Thompson Center compass 6.5 creedmoor update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thompson Center compass 6.5 creedmoor update

Scope, hood, eye piece, muzzle break, bipod and boyds custom stock. I've been bow only for a very long time so I haven't shot in a while. This gun is fun though! I like shooting long range with it. My kids will be using it starting in the off season for hogs.
    Heres how the rifle turned out.

That turned out nice. Might have to follow suit and get one now. Post up some groups when you can.

Comment

Very nice. Your's isn't one of the ones made prior to September 16, 2016, was it?
      All the best,
      Glenn

Comment

Sure will. Only thing i dont like is the trigger pull. It says adjustable but it really isnt. I think i found a guy that sells different springs.

Comment

Originally posted by cajuntec View Post
          Very nice. Your's isn't one of the ones made prior to September 16, 2016, was it?
          All the best,
          Glenn
          Not real sure. I do know the trigger doesnt adjust much so it may not be.

Comment

Holy muzzle brake batman! You will love the lack of recoil with that one. I've got a similar one on my Ruger 6.5. Be double darn sure the kids are double ear protected when shooting though. Exposure from a brake like that at a young age would really damage their ears. I say double, because I have issues with the rifle side muff contacting the stock and breaking the seal. I recognize it happening, but a kid might not, and you will need the insurance of a plug as a backup.

Comment

Ok thanks for the advice! I made the mistake and shot it ONE time without protection. Its like shooting a 22 that sounds like a cannon. Haha

Comment

If you don't mind me asking, how much do you have invested in it?

Comment

Looks good. Two questions:
                  1) What color is that stock?
                  2) How does the thumbhole work for hunting?

Comment

Originally posted by Null90 View Post
                    If you don't mind me asking, how much do you have invested in it?
                    All in all right around 600. The stock alone was 195 and I also went cheap on the scope for now.

Originally posted by TB80 View Post
                    Looks good. Two questions:
                    1) What color is that stock?
                    2) How does the thumbhole work for hunting?
                    The stock was ordered from boyds. Color is coyote and the type is varmit. I like the thumbhole along with the bipod. It holds real steady. It doesn't quite fit my kids well yet but its not far off.

Comment

Nice gun!

Comment

Do a youtube search on using the Model 70 spring on the trigger. Supposed to get it down to the 3-4 lb. bracket.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer56 View Post
                          Do a youtube search on using the Model 70 spring on the trigger. Supposed to get it down to the 3-4 lb. bracket.
                          Thank you sir. I'll check it out.

Comment

What muzzle brake is that?

Comment

I have a T\C Venture and I noticed the trigger guard is molded into the stock like the Compass is. Did the boyds stock come with the trigger guard molded in? I’m about to order one but want to make sure I don’t need to add anything to my cart or put notes in about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X