Helical with a Whisker Biscuit...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
    Biscuits are for eating with jelly, jam, sausage...........
    Lmao.

Comment

And eggs, ham, eggs, and gravy

I love my wb.

Comment

And killin' critters.

Comment

And slowing your bow down to 358 fps.

Comment

I luv 'em. I'll eat them anytime

Comment

There is zero reasons to use a whisker biscuit. Use a drop away.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny quest View Post
                There is zero reasons to use a whisker biscuit. Use a drop away.
                Just curious to ur statement. Not tryin to start an arguement

Comment

There is no reason not to shoot a drop away. I bought and installed mine for 50 dollars. It(arrow) wont fall off, zero friction,silent,and if your vanes are slightly different it wont matter either. Whisker biscuits are hard on your vanes. They are also not as consistant as drop aways. With a drop away there is nothing different every time. Only thing I can find on them is the cable ,if it gets wet let it dry before waxing because it will rot.Just tying to help someone avoid what I went through!

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                    Just curious to ur statement. Not tryin to start an arguement
                    because someone, somewhere, said fall/drop aways are the only way to go, and everyone follows after.

i shot one several years ago, and it did its job. i just didn't care for fletching contact and damaged vanes ( i was shooting 4" vanes then, too ), and i felt it was noisy. ( feel free to argue / debate that )

i've shot ripcords and limbdrivers since. it's just personal preference, how accurate you are or can be, and what you like using.

the WB is a solid rest that is almost fail proof and kills hundreds and hundreds of animals annually. if you are happy with it and can shoot with it accurately, GO FOR IT

Comment

There is no reason not to shoot a drop away. I bought and installed mine for 50 dollars. It(arrow) wont fall off, zero friction,silent,and if your vanes are slightly different it wont matter either. Whisker biscuits are hard on your vanes. They are also not as consistant as drop aways. With a drop away there is nothing different every time. Only thing I can find on them is the cable ,if it gets wet let it dry before waxing because it will rot.Just tying to help someone avoid what I went through!
                      Thx for ur reply. Like i said, not trying to start a fight or anything. Ive used about every drop away out there. I cant tell any difference in my groups. The only thing i can see is if ur form isnt as good, you might suffer with a wb. Im gonna keep using mine for now.

But, i would like to try the limbdriver pro v though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post

I just spit tea all over my keyboard!!

Comment

Cool , my wb tore up my vanes. If you dont shoot alot then it probably wont be a big deal. If its killing deer i wouldnt change it either!

Comment

Cool , my wb tore up my vanes. If you dont shoot alot then it probably wont be a big deal. If its killing deer i wouldnt change it either!
                            I shoot a bunch. Only vane problem ive had is if it passes thru target. Thats why theres different rest.

The rest isnt noisy. Its ur arrow. A good slick arrow is quite. If not, its a little loud. Id have no problem going back to drop away.

Comment

Personally I see no reason at all to shoot a drop away rest on a hunting bow. It offers no advantage over the whisker biscuit but plenty of disadvantages in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                                Personally I see no reason at all to shoot a drop away rest on a hunting bow. It offers no advantage over the whisker biscuit but plenty of disadvantages in my opinion.
                                Yup.

Comment

Working...
                                X