No announcement yet.

Bill passed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correct, but look at where most ducks concentrate. Water. And where do duck hunters hunt? Water. There is a large concentration of shot in one area where the majority of duck are feeding. Whereas other birds and bird hunters do not concentrate in one single area, spreading out the shot and minimizing the effects.

Comment

I think they don't want lots of lead shot at the bottom of the lakes where everybody hunts. Just my opinion.

Comment

Ill put it this way as well. Bird a is a duck. Bird b is a dove.

Bird A goes from: Body of water in canada
        To:Body of water in midwest
        To:Body of water in South
        To:Body of water in mexico.

Bird A is going from small area to small area. Hunters are concentrating on most of these areas thus producing a large amount of (lead) shot in the feeding areas.

Bird B however goes from field to field to pond. A large amount of these fields are not hunted, and the hunters are spread over more area instead of being highly concentrated on isolated spots where the majority of the birds feed (like bird a).

Am i making sense?

Comment

Originally posted by Sippy View Post
          Correct, but look at where most ducks concentrate. Water. And where do duck hunters hunt? Water. There is a large concentration of shot in one area where the majority of duck are feeding. Whereas other birds and bird hunters do not concentrate in one single area, spreading out the shot and minimizing the effects.
          alot of dove hunting is done over water. which the ducks still can pick up the lead. dove hunting over crops, ducks and geese use the same fields to feed. I don't care if lead shot is brought back for waterfowl or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouch View Post
            Most birds eat gravel to some extent, if I'm not mistaken.
            not at the bottom of the shallows...there is no doubt that the banning of lead helped bring numbers back.

crazy thing is I can hunt over a tank for ww / doves with no problem, but if a duck goes down, I break the law.

The cali-condor was also one of the main reasons they banned lead in centerfire rigs out there...the birds would eat a wounded critter and the lead would block up their system. I'm guessing barnes owns the market on the left coast.

I'm for the measure in the grand scheme, but understand 'why' lead is not liked.

Comment

I see duck and geese eating in fields when not 2-3 months earlier we were hunting doves in it. This is all bogus crapola and nothing but polotics rather than sound science.

Comment

I just wonder how much money barnes (and anybody else who's business is primarily based on lead alternatives) contributed to the original no lead lobby effort.

Sent from my Samsung Captivate using Tapatalk.

Comment

Where's my popcorn when I need it?

Comment

I am completely educated on how the system works. I am referring to if the bill gets completely passed.
                    Well, when you asked the four words "what does this do", I will retract most of my other post and simply stick with my first four words......

"It does absolutely nothing."

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                      Well, when you asked the four words "what does this do", I will retract most of my other post and simply stick with my first four words......

"It does absolutely nothing."

I was referring to the bill itself (if passed), and what exactly it would do. Sorry if i confused you

Comment

Completely different. Duck pick up small rocks when they feed (including lead shot), which causes them to get lead poisoning and die.
                        Umm.. yeah... they do...

They use the rocks, etc in their gizzard to help crush up the seed/feed they eat...

And FTR, a Coot has a gizzard as big as your fist.

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
                          This is only passed in the house where it is controlled by Republicans I don't think it has a chance in the Senate. We will see.
                          this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Is there a shortage of ducks?

Comment

Am i making sense?
                              None what so ever...

Comment

Originally posted by BvR View Post
                                why? I guess you shoot dove and quail with nontoxic shot?
                                not different dove pick up small rocks(including lead) also.
                                alot of dove hunting is done over water. which the ducks still can pick up the lead. dove hunting over crops, ducks and geese use the same fields to feed. I don't care if lead shot is brought back for waterfowl or not.
                                Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
                                I see duck and geese eating in fields when not 2-3 months earlier we were hunting doves in it. This is all bogus crapola and nothing but polotics rather than sound science.
                                Originally posted by Tubby View Post
                                Umm.. yeah... they do...

They use the rocks, etc in their gizzard to help crush up the seed/feed they eat...

And FTR, a Coot has a gizzard as big as your fist.

These guys are making sense... Logical factual Sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X