New Springfield TP 10mm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Springfield TP 10mm

I got an email showing for the first time, Springfield has released a 10mm pistol. the 1911 chassis was a great platform for the round!

Anyway, looks super hot, but $1,790 price tag....ouch i can get a Sig 220 in the 10 for like $1200.

Anyway was curious who else saw it and first impressions?

If they released a XDm or Mod 2 in 10mm that would be awesome ... just saying

Just buy a dan Wesson for that much money lol

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      Just buy a dan Wesson for that much money lol
      This!! Or STI!!

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tradman1971 View Post
          This!! Or STI!!

If you want an STI, you better buy one soon unless you plan to buy a double stack.

Read recently that they are discontinuing all of their single stack 1911 pistols and will only produce double stack models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            That looks nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Japeatr View Post
              I got an email showing for the first time, Springfield has released a 10mm pistol. the 1911 chassis was a great platform for the round!

Anyway, looks super hot, but $1,790 price tag....ouch i can get a Sig 220 in the 10 for like $1200.

Anyway was curious who else saw it and first impressions?

If they released a XDm or Mod 2 in 10mm that would be awesome ... just saying
              now that would be a flame thrower!!

the 10mm in a mod 2 would really be a lost cause,, it does need a little more barrel length to get the velocity the round can produce,,,kinda like a 44 mag in a 2" snub nose,, i have seen them and they are unique, just not very useful

even though i might be foolish enough to buy one!

Comment

I’m a sucka for a Springfield 1911. I may have to look into a 10mm platform now that I think about it.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

i currently have the EAA Witness (Tanfoglio) Polymer Carry in 10mm and its one of my favorite guns, I have shot a Dan Wesson CBOB 10mm and loved it.

an XDm in 4.5" barrel in 10mmAuto would be perfect

Comment

Originally posted by Japeatr View Post
                    i currently have the EAA Witness (Tanfoglio) Polymer Carry in 10mm and its one of my favorite guns, I have shot a Dan Wesson CBOB 10mm and loved it.

an XDm in 4.5" barrel in 10mmAuto would be perfect
                    You have one too. I have had a Glock 20, in 10mm, hate the trigger on that one. Then got a Colt Delta Gold Cup, shot good, but the slide would start hanging up after about 2 mags through the gun. I am pretty sure it was the same problem that they had with the original Bren 10. Basically with the stainless moving back and forth against stainless, plus the heat, produced by firing the gun. It would cause some galling, that would cause the slide to stick. I had to push on the slide, to get it to close. Once it cooled down completely, it would be fine again for two mags. I got tired of that and sold it.

I have liked the CZ-75s for many years, then I found a EEA Witness in 10mm. It was only $475 or so. So I took a chance on it. It has been a great gun. So far my favorite 10mm. I was afraid I would have the sticking slide problem, since the one I got is all stainless, but so far, no problems. Other than like any other 10mm, the mags are very hard to find. I could never find any, finally a buddy of mine, found two, on line somewhere and sent them to me. 14 round 10 mm, makes for one hell of a pig hunting side arm.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      If you want an STI, you better buy one soon unless you plan to buy a double stack.

Read recently that they are discontinuing all of their single stack 1911 pistols and will only produce double stack models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      I have the STI Perfect 10 (which is discontinued) that I love! Its super accurate (bull barrel) and a work of art! Its a double stack, which is nice when pigs come around. If you take the time to look/call around, I think you'll find them at a lot of gun shops.

Comment

I don't love the caliber enough to throw down 1,800 on another TRP. I have a G40 and a .45 TRP so I guess my bases are covered.

Comment

Working...
                        X