Studio type backdrop suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Studio type backdrop suggestions

I'm wanting to start taking "good" pictures of the mounts I do; want to set up an area in my shop to do so. I've only had luck with a black backdrop, taking pictures of both pens, and mounts. I know lighting is a tricky issue as well, and I guess I'll tackle that when I get there.

So, what color backdrop would be the easiest to work with in terms of totally amateur photography?

I'd like something tan/brown, but those aren't good to put behind deer as they could blend in. I need something that won't show dust too easily, so I'm steering away from a solid color, if possible, and more towards the painted style muslin stuff.

I'd go with a dark grey muslin that looks very soft. Keep the background 2-3 feet away from the mount, more if possible, shoot with a medium-long lens. It is not about the background it is about your subject, the less distracting the better.
    Use a kicker light from the back side and a soft light in front. Don't carry too much depth of field, focus on the eyes.

Comment

Working...
    X