Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2018, 06:07 PM   #151
txwhitetail
Pope & Young
 
txwhitetail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Angelo
Hunt In: Irion Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
Whatever you say, princess.
You should retreat to the bitcoin posts where you think a couple folks listen to you.
txwhitetail is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 06:08 PM   #152
SmTx
Pope & Young
 
SmTx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Marcos/Hempstead
Hunt In: Jim Wells
Default

I barely was able to make it to HEB to get jalapeños and corn bread for chili today.

Too cold to even watch baseball on TV!
SmTx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 06:10 PM   #153
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txwhitetail View Post
You should retreat to the bitcoin posts where you think a couple folks listen to you.
Did i upset your delicate sensibilities?
I apologize. Ill use softer words. Perhaps ypu could petition the Mods to create you a quiet room ..be sure to ask them to make it a heated one. Wouldnt want you to get a frozen uterous.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 06:12 PM   #154
txwhitetail
Pope & Young
 
txwhitetail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Angelo
Hunt In: Irion Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
Did i upset your delicate sensibilities?
I apologize. Ill use softer words. Perhaps ypu could petition the Mods to create you a quiet room ..be sure to ask them to make it a heated one. Wouldnt want you to get a frozen uterous.
It’s good to see the mods allow junior high kids that have bad parents on here. Hopefully you will find some direction.

Have a good evening I’ll stick to visiting with adults.
txwhitetail is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 06:13 PM   #155
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txwhitetail View Post
It’s good to see the mods allow junior high kids that have bad parents on here. Hopefully you will find some direction.

Have a good evening I’ll stick to visiting with adults.
You still here?
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 06:28 PM   #156
doghouse
Pope & Young
 
doghouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Goldthwaite
Hunt In: Mills County
Default

Hurry up bow season. When I coached girls softball I never dreamed of having practice on Sunday. That was family day at my house and I can safely say all of Goldthwaite.
doghouse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 06:41 PM   #157
oktx
Pope & Young
 
oktx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wise County
Hunt In: Wise County
Default

This is the same guy that asked the mods to make the ignore feature where you couldn't even see that they posted. ��
oktx is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 06:42 PM   #158
Crazy Horse
Ten Point
 
Crazy Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Hunt In: Kerr County & Hallettsville
Default

Cancel practice?

43° & RAINING - yes...
43° & WINDY - ummmm....enjoy last place in your league with that mentality....
Crazy Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 07:12 PM   #159
Johnny
Pope & Young
 
Johnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Conroe
Hunt In: Montgomery & Madison Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
If it were a scheduled game would the game be canceled?

No matter what you decide, half the parents will complain.
At the select level, no the game would not be cancelled because of cold weather. That would be laughed at actually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
According to some on this thread ... eskimos are extinct.

Our team's 7u boys played tournament games till 8:30 last night and are just now taking the field today for brackets.
Man, I sure miss those days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by txwhitetail View Post
25 years ago kids weren't playing baseball in February. It wasn't a year round sport then.
In select ball, tournaments start in February for the Spring season.

I'm in the group of practicing/playing baseball in any type of playable weather, especially at the select level. If you don't think your kid should he practicing in 35 to 40 degree weather then let them play league ball.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 07:16 PM   #160
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Horse View Post
Cancel practice?

43° & RAINING - yes...
43° & WINDY - ummmm....enjoy last place in your league with that mentality....

Hell yeah!! Beat that mentality in those 7 year old brains! Get a bullwhip or some brass knuckles!....Hell crushed glass and glue on tape fists will do even better. **** loser kids are ruining my reliving my high school days when I was all district!! Som *****es

Last edited by Smart; 02-11-2018 at 07:19 PM.
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 07:21 PM   #161
oktx
Pope & Young
 
oktx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wise County
Hunt In: Wise County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smart View Post
hell yeah!! Beat that mentality in those 7 year old brains! Get a bullwhip or some brass knuckles!....hell crushed glass and glue on tape fists will do even better. **** loser kids are ruining my reliving my high school days when i was all district!! Som *****es
😂
oktx is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 07:23 PM   #162
Smokey Bear
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Default

I'm new to this forum but I feel compelled to weigh in. Sleet and hail, sure cancel, but 43 and a little wind is no reason to lock yourself indoors. If you start skipping practices you are going to teach your players how to lose. You will play the teams that have been practicing. At their age it will be more telling than anytime in their athletic careers. Learning simple fundamentals will allow them a chance to compete with the opposition. As far as sick kids making other kids sick that's hog wash. It's up to the parents of a sick child to keep them home and no one else's. Kids outside playing when it's cold is normal and a lot more healthy than sitting on the couch eating cheetos and playing video games. The soft and unathletic individuals will self eliminate from sports and gravitate to other activities where they are more successful, but at 7 or 8 you don't have a clue who the athletes will be yet.
Smokey Bear is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 07:33 PM   #163
zztex
Pope & Young
 
zztex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: LaPorte
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
Hell yeah!! Beat that mentality in those 7 year old brains! Get a bullwhip or some brass knuckles!....Hell crushed glass and glue on tape fists will do even better. **** loser kids are ruining my reliving my high school days when I was all district!! Som *****es
Right on brother . Select 7 year olds. Lofriekinl
zztex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 07:43 PM   #164
Charles
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

All the name calling on this thread made the Politic forum look like Sunday school.

Y'all need to grow up
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 07:53 PM   #165
125Dad
Pope & Young
 
125Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: keller
Hunt In: Coke Co.
Default

It’s a one ball sport. So why practice
125Dad is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 08:08 PM   #166
doghouse
Pope & Young
 
doghouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Goldthwaite
Hunt In: Mills County
Default

I thought Sunday was God's day with no planned activity except for the family and a few friends. Man I'm getting old. Carry on young ones!!!
doghouse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 08:24 PM   #167
Iehooligan11b
Ten Point
 
Iehooligan11b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Texas
Default

LOl wow. Well this has escalated since this morning.
Iehooligan11b is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 08:24 PM   #168
ShockValue
Pope & Young
 
ShockValue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Flower Mound, Tx
Hunt In: Hill Country
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
All the name calling on this thread made the Politic forum look like Sunday school.

Y'all need to grow up
You should hear what is said in the stands of a 9U game!
ShockValue is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 08:27 PM   #169
Charles
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockValue View Post
You should hear what is said in the stands of a 9U game!
I'm well aware. I coached my kids sports when they were younger.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 09:00 PM   #170
Abcdj
Pope & Young
 
Abcdj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Corsicana Tx & Lawton Ok,
Hunt In: Wilbarger county U.S.A.
Default

When is their first game?
Abcdj is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 09:14 PM   #171
Crazy Horse
Ten Point
 
Crazy Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Hunt In: Kerr County & Hallettsville
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
Hell yeah!! Beat that mentality in those 7 year old brains! Get a bullwhip or some brass knuckles!....Hell crushed glass and glue on tape fists will do even better. **** loser kids are ruining my reliving my high school days when I was all district!! Som *****es
wow...so you got cage fighting, from a practice in the cold & windy weather comment?

I currently coach soccer & softball with my daughter...

43°, windy & raining...our games are played in both sports; its called the WINTER LEAGUES. We play Dec-Feb then start Spring Leagues in Mar...
Our select is year round...

While you are sitting at home with your team in 43° winding conditions, other teams are out practicing.
Practice is what is important at this age.
Teams that don't practice & work on fundamentals are usually the teams trying to figure out why they are in last place...

So hide your candy azz behind the keyboard acting like a tough guy, while implying others are "acting out their glory days" by coaching youth sports in normal weather conditions.
Crazy Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 09:14 PM   #172
tkuehn5410
Pope & Young
 
tkuehn5410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Lubbock, TX
Hunt In: Crosby, Dickens
Default

I'm a Lubbock coach for a 9u team, and we just finished a tournament for our 9u team and played with temps of 42 degrees, 22 degrees, and today's game was 29 degrees. We had kids mentally check out, and shut down....on another note, our 6U team practiced this week with a temp of 40 and the kids practiced well and the only people who complained were the parents.
tkuehn5410 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 09:16 PM   #173
tkuehn5410
Pope & Young
 
tkuehn5410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Lubbock, TX
Hunt In: Crosby, Dickens
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Horse View Post
wow...so you got cage fighting, from a practice in the cold & windy weather comment?

I currently coach soccer & softball with my daughter...

43°, windy & raining...our games are played in both sports; its called the WINTER LEAGUES. We play Dec-Feb then start Spring Leagues in Mar...
Our select is year round...

While you are sitting at home with your team in 43° winding conditions, other teams are out practicing.
Practice is what is important at this age.
Teams that don't practice & work on fundamentals are usually the teams trying to figure out why they are in last place...

So hide your candy azz behind the keyboard acting like a tough guy, while implying others are "acting out their glory days" by coaching youth sports in normal weather conditions.
Good way to put it! Looks like we were typing at the same time.
tkuehn5410 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 09:18 PM   #174
Grant2
Ten Point
 
Grant2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Hunt In: Sonroa, Comfort
Default

It's ok there are a lot of parents that don't mind their kids going hunting in 20 degree weather riding Rangers and 4 wheelers everywhere and never complain of getting sick. Enjoy cosching, but try to stay inside on cold and rainy days. Find a batting cage and get after it good luck.
Grant2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 09:22 PM   #175
pilar
Ten Point
 
pilar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Boerne
Hunt In: Sisterdale and el dorado , Jeff Davis, refugio/sinton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishndude View Post
Oh you mean like sweat, dirt and dust ??

Maybe wait for the one perfect day of the year to practice??
What a j -A
pilar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 09:24 PM   #176
Big pig
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Cypress, tx
Hunt In: Goliad and Leon Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktx View Post
Indoors or I wouldn't have it. Not real good to be throwing this early in this weather.
This is what I thought. Hard to throw with four layers on too.
Big pig is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 09:25 PM   #177
Crazy Horse
Ten Point
 
Crazy Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Hunt In: Kerr County & Hallettsville
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkuehn5410 View Post
I'm a Lubbock coach for a 9u team, and we just finished a tournament for our 9u team and played with temps of 42 degrees, 22 degrees, and today's game was 29 degrees. We had kids mentally check out, and shut down....on another note, our 6U team practiced this week with a temp of 40 and the kids practiced well and the only people who complained were the parents.
Exactly....it's usually PARENTS that have an issue.

The kids usually want to keep "playing" even after practice is over...even if its to just run around playing grab azz...
Crazy Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 09:26 PM   #178
Mexico
Pope & Young
 
Mexico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Clear Lake Tx
Hunt In: Old Mexico, Centerville Tx
Default

When does bow season open?
Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 09:31 PM   #179
Fishndude
Pope & Young
 
Fishndude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, Texas
Hunt In: Mason, Ellis and Dimmit counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilar View Post
What a j -A
Lol! Too hot for ya, snowflake?
Fishndude is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 09:35 PM   #180
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

I wouldn't schedule a practice on Sunday to start. That being said Riley had TJHRA today and it was 25 degrees when started and 40 when we finished. And all of us, parents and kids were miserable cold. some parents/ kids turned out because it was to cold. But that's what separates the ones who expect to win and those who hope to win.

Last edited by BrandonA; 02-11-2018 at 09:58 PM.
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 09:37 PM   #181
Abcdj
Pope & Young
 
Abcdj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Corsicana Tx & Lawton Ok,
Hunt In: Wilbarger county U.S.A.
Default

Your gonna cost those kids and especially the PARENTS!!! a chance to win a championship "RING" at the Idalou Texas 7 yr old Southwest regional World qualifier in June. That will be after 107 games 100 practices.
I guess I don't understand it all.
I know some top notch baseball folks and they don't get it either at these ages.
Abcdj is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 09:41 PM   #182
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Horse View Post
wow...so you got cage fighting, from a practice in the cold & windy weather comment?

I currently coach soccer & softball with my daughter...

43°, windy & raining...our games are played in both sports; its called the WINTER LEAGUES. We play Dec-Feb then start Spring Leagues in Mar...
Our select is year round...

While you are sitting at home with your team in 43° winding conditions, other teams are out practicing.
Practice is what is important at this age.
Teams that don't practice & work on fundamentals are usually the teams trying to figure out why they are in last place...

So hide your candy azz behind the keyboard acting like a tough guy, while implying others are "acting out their glory days" by coaching youth sports in normal weather conditions.

It was a joke Coach Buttermaker!! Lighten up. You win the 7 and under Coach of the Year for your reply.
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 09:46 PM   #183
Abcdj
Pope & Young
 
Abcdj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Corsicana Tx & Lawton Ok,
Hunt In: Wilbarger county U.S.A.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
It was a joke Coach Buttermaker!! Lighten up. You win the 7 and under Coach of the Year for your reply.
Ay ya ya! Coach Buttermaker I can't stop laughing.

Forget bow season. We need Spring Turkey asap
Abcdj is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 09:47 PM   #184
Crazy Horse
Ten Point
 
Crazy Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Hunt In: Kerr County & Hallettsville
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
It was a joke Coach Buttermaker!! Lighten up. You win the 7 and under Coach of the Year for your reply.
Crazy Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 09:50 PM   #185
tkuehn5410
Pope & Young
 
tkuehn5410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Lubbock, TX
Hunt In: Crosby, Dickens
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcdj View Post
Your gonna cost those kids and especially the PARENTS!!! a chance to win a championship "RING" at the Idalou Texas 7 yr old Southwest regional World qualifier in June. That will be after 107 games 100 practices.
I guess I don't understand it all.
I know some top notch baseball folks and they don't get it either at these ages.
Unfortunately, the panhandle is under a 96 day drought, and after coaching competitive soccer for the last 5 years, playing in 30 degree weather is nothing for my kids, so I must say we can practice in the cold, but if it were raining, then it's time to take it to dbat or another ipf. I am competitive, and so are my teams. I think all day about whether I should hold practice or not on many days in inclement weather. I don't care if we win or lose, but I HATE losing because we canceled a practice and were rusty because we didn't practice earlier in the week.
tkuehn5410 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 09:53 PM   #186
Abcdj
Pope & Young
 
Abcdj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Corsicana Tx & Lawton Ok,
Hunt In: Wilbarger county U.S.A.
Default

I always see the same patterns form in these select baseball threads and bobcat mount threads.

Last edited by Abcdj; 02-11-2018 at 10:01 PM.
Abcdj is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 09:54 PM   #187
tkuehn5410
Pope & Young
 
tkuehn5410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Lubbock, TX
Hunt In: Crosby, Dickens
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
I wouldn't schedule a practice on Sunday to start. That being said Riley had TJHRA today and it was 25 degrees when started and 40 when we finished. And all of us, parents and kids were miserable cold. some parents/ kids turned out because it was to cold. But that's what separates the ones who expect to win and those who hope to win.
Kudos to those who practiced! Scheduling for many people is difficult. Sometimes Sunday is the only day you have free if your kids are involved in multiple activities. If you cancel, then the team suffers.
tkuehn5410 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 10:01 PM   #188
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkuehn5410 View Post
Kudos to those who practiced! Scheduling for many people is difficult. Sometimes Sunday is the only day you have free if your kids are involved in multiple activities. If you cancel, then the team suffers.
Understand that. Riley practices every day and works at it everyday. If your on a team and there is a practice ... Show up
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 10:02 PM   #189
Crazy Horse
Ten Point
 
Crazy Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Hunt In: Kerr County & Hallettsville
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
I wouldn't schedule a practice on Sunday to start. That being said Riley had TJHRA today and it was 25 degrees when started and 40 when we finished. And all of us, parents and kids were miserable cold. some parents/ kids turned out because it was to cold. But that's what separates the ones who expect to win and those who hope to win.
One reason I was happy when my son started junior high sports; no weekend games and/nor practices!

For my daughter’s softball league team, the league assigns field times/days.
Games are Tuesday & Thursday; assigned practice days are either M, W or Su.

Difference with the club soccer is games are on Saturday, but field days/times are also still assigned by the club.
Crazy Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 10:23 PM   #190
ShockValue
Pope & Young
 
ShockValue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Flower Mound, Tx
Hunt In: Hill Country
Default

Practice was cancelled but we made the most of it for one of his other interests.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ShockValue is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 10:23 PM   #191
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young
 
txoutdoorsman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: In camo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
Did you read farther down before you replied...?
Yes sir I did kinda. Did I miss something. I scanned more than read at
Edited.
I see now haha

Last edited by txoutdoorsman24; 02-11-2018 at 10:27 PM.
txoutdoorsman24 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 10:26 PM   #192
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Horse View Post
One reason I was happy when my son started junior high sports; no weekend games and/nor practices!

For my daughter’s softball league team, the league assigns field times/days.
Games are Tuesday & Thursday; assigned practice days are either M, W or Su.

Difference with the club soccer is games are on Saturday, but field days/times are also still assigned by the club.
Youth rodeos, for the most part, are on weekends. Rain, sleet, cold or in our case extreme heat. I tell Riley unless practice in all elements you won't know how too win in all elements. I never put her in a more than normal dangerous situation but I tell her at some point you will be faced with it. The more you experience it the better you will be prepared. Denny Flynn once said... The only you have once you get there is "what" you sent ahead. That "what" is the experience and preparation for the moment.
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 10:29 PM   #193
justletmein
Ten Point
 
justletmein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Public lands
Default

Make practice optional. The kids that show up make the team, others can kick rocks. No room for pansies in team sports.
justletmein is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 10:35 PM   #194
Crazy Horse
Ten Point
 
Crazy Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Hunt In: Kerr County & Hallettsville
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
Youth rodeos, for the most part, are on weekends. Rain, sleet, cold or in our case extreme heat. I tell Riley unless practice in all elements you won't know how too win in all elements. I never put her in a more than normal dangerous situation but I tell her at some point you will be faced with it. The more you experience it the better you will be prepared. Denny Flynn once said... The only you have once you get there is "what" you sent ahead. That "what" is the experience and preparation for the moment.
Agreed. Playing through elements & being prepared IS part of any outdoor sport!
Girlfriend was a hunter/jumper; rode every day rain or shine per her trainer.

Why?

Because the outdoor shows competed whether it was a covered arena or not - standing water or not.
Crazy Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 11:17 PM   #195
rut-ro
Ten Point
 
rut-ro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Sugar Land
Hunt In: Leon,Madison and Zavalla
Default

Just adding to my post count. It’s cold outside
rut-ro is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2018, 01:45 AM   #196
TxDispatcher
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Conroe, Tx
Hunt In: East Texas Pineywoods, Austin County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iehooligan11b View Post
LOl wow. Well this has escalated since this morning.
You ain't kidding...some folks are too much and take things way too serious
TxDispatcher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2018, 05:51 AM   #197
txwhitetail
Pope & Young
 
txwhitetail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Angelo
Hunt In: Irion Co
Default

Baseball really is for those kids that can’t make the cut for football isn’t it???
txwhitetail is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2018, 06:01 AM   #198
glen
Pope & Young
 
glen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lake Georgetown
Hunt In: anywhere
Default

We had a washer tourney today for my kids team and we moved it to the gym. Now I could have cared less if the kids were outside but I know I wasn’t going out there
glen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2018, 06:22 AM   #199
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txwhitetail View Post
Baseball really is for those kids that can’t make the cut for football isn’t it???
says the balerina....
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2018, 06:44 AM   #200
txwhitetail
Pope & Young
 
txwhitetail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Angelo
Hunt In: Irion Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
says the balerina....
I’m sorry you had parental issues growing up.
txwhitetail is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com