Testing the Waters: Photography Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaspro View Post
    My hopes are that we can find someone, familiar with photography, who can judge these pics for what they are, nothing more and nothing less, and maybe make a comment about the top 3.

I have someone in mind, who is a lurker, but who doesn't know anyone but me. He is good at what he does and shoots models for a living, may be worth asking him if he is interested. Would be good to get him involved in the green screen as well.
    Jeff Young

Comment

Sart it up . Those in the CLIQUES will always win though notice the smiley

Comment

To be honest, I think everyone can "man" up and be honest without letting "who you know" come into play. I know I can, and am sure others can as well.
        I hope you are right. I guess there is only one way to find out. But trust me, some guy is going to post a pic of his son/daughter gazing into the sunset while holding Grandpa's hand and he/she is going to be convinced it is the greatest shot ever (because of the obvious emotional attachment). Then, this person is going to cry "foul" when others see it for what it is... a marginal image with tremendous personal value.

I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

It'll never happen. I think the world of most everyone here but I can honestly say I would lean toward a pic Don, Legdog or Atthewall posted, probably over lots of other folks just because of how long I have been admiring their work.
          Maybe so, heck, I admire their work as well, doesn't mean I am one sided

But then again, that is just me
          Jeff Young

Comment

Originally posted by Lulhorse View Post
            Sart it up . Those in the CLIQUES will always win though notice the smiley
            There are CLIQUES here??

Comment

....I can honestly say I would lean toward a pic Don, Legdog or Atthewall posted....

OK, we eliminate the pros from the competition....problem solved!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rtread View Post
                There are CLIQUES here??
                Just those that are recognized by the folks afraid to get out there and make friends.

Comment

Originally posted by rtread View Post
                  There are CLIQUES here??
                  That is your mouse you are hearing when surfing.

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                    I hope you are right. I guess there is only one way to find out. But trust me, some guy is going to post a pic of his son/daughter gazing into the sunset while holding Grandpa's hand and he/she is going to be convinced it is the greatest shot ever (because of the obvious emotional attachment). Then, this person is going to cry "foul" when others see it for what it is... a marginal image with tremendous personal value.

I hope I'm wrong.
                    To me, that is a different issue than what we were discussing. But I don't see anyway around that, someone always gets their feelings hurt, especially when emotions are involved. But, not to be a jerk, but I think this is the wrong deal for them, it is for fun, no hard feelings. Although, a lot easier said than done
                    Jeff Young

Comment

I like something in between legdog and Jaspro's idea. A fun deal every month. I'm not very good at photography but I have decent equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by jyoung View Post
                        I have someone in mind, who is a lurker, but who doesn't know anyone but me. He is good at what he does and shoots models for a living, may be worth asking him if he is interested. Would be good to get him involved in the green screen as well.
                        I have someone who I might be able to ask as well. He has his own studio here in town and has been doing all types of photography for years. Let me know.
                        >E

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                          I think it would be better to just say "OK, this week its Sunrises... post your best 2" and leave it at that.
                          I agree! Let's do this

Comment

lets do this....

Comment

I'll give it a try as well. sounds like fun.

Comment

Originally posted by jyoung View Post
                                Maybe you should have him post some of his work so we can see if he is qualified to judge the contest.

Comment

Working...
                                X