Table Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Table Saw

A friend just sent this and I thought y'all would be interested. I don't know if this is new, but it sure is KOOL!

I clicked the hog dog video first, then I watched "Why SawStop"

SawStop is North America's #1 table saw. Our table saw is the safest on the market. Find out how SawStop can work for you. Visit www.sawstop.com today.

very kwel.

I saw that thing advertised about 5 years ago.
    The hot dog worked well, but from what I understand, no one had the nuts to try it with their finger!

Comment

That's awesome!

I hate the table saw.

Comment

If you study the website there are many pictures of peoples fingers that have been into the blade by accident.....they turned out about the same as the hot dog, just needed a band aid.

Pretty amazing!

Comment

I do a lot of woodworking. When I step up to a cabinet saw, this is the one I want. From what I have heard, it is an excellent saw even before you consider the safety features.

What is a finger or two worth?

I understand the CEO and inventor found the brass to stick his hand into the running blade more than once. I don't think I could do that, but it is nice to see he has confidence in his product.

Comment

Back when I first saw it, they didn't have any of the testimonials on the site.
            It must be a good feeling to know that you've saved so many fingers ... and possibly lives!

Comment

I know a few guys who coulda used it!! no doubt it's a great thing, I'm sure my brother will be getting one soon, we've been very lucky for all the years we've been around construction and never had a serious injury like losing a finger!!

Comment

I think when I'm ready to get a table saw, this is one I would seriously consider buying - and I used to frame houses in another life. Tying back the circular saw blade guards was the way to work. In fact, I still have my circular saw blade guards tied back.

Comment

If you feel like kicking the tires on one, the Woodcraft in Austin has a floor model. It's a tank. They also have a blade that has been "stopped". Pretty impressive.

I don't mean to sound like an ad for these guys, I just really like that saw.

Comment

There is a local shop where the guy outfitted a complete wood shop, and rents time by the hour, month or year for people's projects. He has several of these in the shop, and showed me how the aluminum "ring" under the blade stops it, and almost an explosive device triggers the ring in contact with the blade.

He said there was 1 accident in his shop, and the person's finger barely was bleeding as a result. The saws were pricey, and there was a cost to re-arm them, sure less than the cost of a serious injury.

Comment

The saws are not cheap, but not a whole lot more than any other high-end cabinet saw like a Powermatic or a Unisaw. Sort of like choosing between a Rolls without airbags, and a Bentley with airbags, to me.

Comment

Just remember - when it comes to saws there are no minor accidents. Until now.

Comment

That is BAD ***!

Comment

Working...
                          X