This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
    Now Courtney Smith’s lawyer is saying Ohio State has never even contacted her regarding the allegations. How in the world can a University conduct an investigation without talking to the victim. This seems to be getting worse and worse for Ohio State.
    My wife has some bat **** crazy friends but if any of them were in an abusive relationship for a month, a year or longer she would do whatever it took to help her regardless of what it cost. I'm not saying Courtney Smith is lying but I can not believe Urban's wife or any other woman would stand by and let this go on as long as it did. Something does not add up here. They have been put in a situation to either take responsibility or throw their wives under the bus. I watched the interview with the reporter who broke the story and it appeared he was only concerned with being known as the guy who brought Urban down. Is there any history between the two?

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
      Now Courtney Smith’s lawyer is saying Ohio State has never even contacted her regarding the allegations. How in the world can a University conduct an investigation without talking to the victim. This seems to be getting worse and worse for Ohio State.
      Another point of concern is that UM sent staff to convince Courtney to NOT press charges. That was while at Florida, but I think the sum of the facts, over time, demonstrate some level of cover up by the coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Dru View Post
        My wife has some bat **** crazy friends but if any of them were in an abusive relationship for a month, a year or longer she would do whatever it took to help her regardless of what it cost. I'm not saying Courtney Smith is lying but I can not believe Urban's wife or any other woman would stand by and let this go on as long as it did. Something does not add up here. They have been put in a situation to either take responsibility or throw their wives under the bus. I watched the interview with the reporter who broke the story and it appeared he was only concerned with being known as the guy who brought Urban down. Is there any history between the two?
        I agree with your take on the reporter, he’s not in this out of compassion. There is a juicy story to be had from his perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by elhefe View Post
          Witch hunt at its finest. I think Urban Meyer is a slime ball. His history of win at all costs followed him from Florida. I'm a die hard Penn State fan so regardless of all my bias, Meyer should not be fired.
          I agree, I still don’t think he will fired. I think he will end up resigning, and collecting a handsome buyout in the process.

He will coach again, this is different from the Briles situation.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerMe View Post
            I agree with your take on the reporter, he’s not in this out of compassion. There is a juicy story to be had from his perspective.
            I think what got the reporter ticked is the way Meyer spoke to him at Media Days when he asked the question. Supposedly it was very demeaning and insulting.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
              I think what got the reporter ticked is the way Meyer spoke to him at Media Days when he asked the question. Supposedly it was very demeaning and insulting.

I don't blame Meyer or any coach who talks like that to the slimeballs that ask questions these days..

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                Seriously??? You don’t see the difference between concealing the rape of female students by athletes compared to a grown woman who willingly stayed in an abusive marriage.

You might get to the eye doc, your perspective is off
                No I don’t see the difference. Meyer should have fired the guy instead of turning a blind eye.

Comment

this nazi brown shirt army tactic, that the ncaa, and others are using is flippin' insane. if you have a buddy, that is married to a cray cray, {who freakin' doesnt!} you now have to announce, publicly, to the media, that your buddy is beating her, {even tho youve never seen it happen}? and you know the story has two 180 sides!??

this is america now!? throw your buddy under the train, or shoulder the fallout of the situation??

i aint tellin' the camera. screw that. you guys do what you want. as far as i know, him and that woman have a licence to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    No one at Ohio State cares about that… Can he win them football games? That's all that will matter to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    No one at INSERT SCHOOL NAME HERE... cares about that… Can he win them football games? That's all that will matter to them.

Comment

Originally posted by quackerback View Post
                      No I don’t see the difference. Meyer should have fired the guy instead of turning a blind eye.
                      Why?? Would a guy get fired at your place of employment if he knocked his wife around but there were no criminal allegations? Likely not, at least not for that reason, they might look for job related causes in order to get rid of him.

There is a huge difference between young student athletes getting raped and a subsequent cover up compared to a woman who chose to stay in an abusive relationship for 4 years. Leave his *** or shut up....

Comment

When you go to work at a University you agree to the schools policies, just like you would at a lot of places. Except Universities are a different environment and have more policies in place, mostly to protect students from predatory faculty and staff.

There are specific policies in place at both Texas A&M and UT that require what are referred to as "responsible employees" to report domestic abuse, or even suspicion of domestic abuse. Coaches, all coaches, are required by that policy to report domestic abuse to the Title IX office and police if danger is imminent. Just reporting it to the AD's office, isn't enough. Telling your boss in your office, isn't enough.

I will also add from my experience working with abused women these kinds of things are never one time events. It doesn't just happen and then stop. Often a court case will be built around a single incident that they have collected evidence for but it's never just a single incident it's always part of a pattern.
                        This didn't just happen once in 2009 and then again once in 2015. It was going on all along.

So does the Ohio State University feel the Urban Myer violated their requirement to report policy on domestic abuse? The cynical side of me says they will weight how bad it will look if they keep him and decide if it's worth the risk. If you want your football program to be your front porch, you better keep your front porch clean.

Finally, I do think it's reasonable to think Herman knew what was going on. However, Texas has no requirement to enforce a policy from a previous employer. If I was the AD I would have Herman's staff spend some time with the Title IX people and make sure they all understand the policies they agreed to when they signed contracts with the University.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          I don't think these kids fully understand "chain of command"...

And just for the sake of clarification, if Herman violated some rule, then he can/should deal with the discipline.

But the mere suggestion that someone could be fired for a reporting violation their boss potentially commited 2 or 3 jobs ago is nothing short of moronic. You're trying to hard...
                          I was being facetious. You’re taking things too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Gladesgator View Post
                            Urban Liar should be fired

Everyone, is worried about poor Urban, who is worried about the victim.

Meyer lied about knowing about the 2015 incident, his wife know about it, all the other assistant coaches and wives know about it but the head coach didn't know about it.

That's what we call him. On ESPN when he was a color commentator for college football games, he was asked on live TV if he was in contact with OSU for the coaching job - he said NO!

The next day he was announced as their new head coach. Fire the bum.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                              New rumor from a longhorn fan...Urban fired, Hermann to Ohio State and Saban to Austin.
                              Adios,
                              Gary
                              Trying to catch up here.. this one's hilarious! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                                When you go to work at a University you agree to the schools policies, just like you would at a lot of places. Except Universities are a different environment and have more policies in place, mostly to protect students from predatory faculty and staff.

There are specific policies in place at both Texas A&M and UT that require what are referred to as "responsible employees" to report domestic abuse, or even suspicion of domestic abuse. Coaches, all coaches, are required by that policy to report domestic abuse to the Title IX office and police if danger is imminent. Just reporting it to the AD's office, isn't enough. Telling your boss in your office, isn't enough.

I will also add from my experience working with abused women these kinds of things are never one time events. It doesn't just happen and then stop. Often a court case will be built around a single incident that they have collected evidence for but it's never just a single incident it's always part of a pattern.
                                This didn't just happen once in 2009 and then again once in 2015. It was going on all along.

So does the Ohio State University feel the Urban Myer violated their requirement to report policy on domestic abuse? The cynical side of me says they will weight how bad it will look if they keep him and decide if it's worth the risk. If you want your football program to be your front porch, you better keep your front porch clean.

Finally, I do think it's reasonable to think Herman knew what was going on. However, Texas has no requirement to enforce a policy from a previous employer. If I was the AD I would have Herman's staff spend some time with the Title IX people and make sure they all understand the policies they agreed to when they signed contracts with the University.

Thanks Dave for your response and insight. So can the powers to be come back and bite these former coaches in the arse if they knew and didn't report while at Ohio State?

Comment

Working...
                                X