Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I crazy for not canceling baseball practice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pkripper View Post
    Bring back the good old days of fireman going in without respirators, no seatbelts and every other thing that modern science and technology has improved on.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Yeah, you lost me . At the rate we're going, we better have robotic firemen, because there won't be any men with enough balls to go in with or without a respirator

Comment

How long would kids last skiing in baseball outfits. I get what your saying but for an otganized practice with parents dropping kids off its probably not worth it. I agree with dbat or indoor training. My kid played select until hos sophmore year. Coaxh was a retired mlb player and hard @#$. If it was a tourney or game we would play. Practices can be moved.

You are picking the apples from my comments and comparing them to oranges. It was 45 degrees, sunny and maybe a light breeze at 4:00 PM here in Austin yesterday. My kids were outside throwing a baseball in sweats and a hoodie, until I broke my **** ankle

When I got home from the ER, they played basketball in the driveway until dark. At 40 degrees, some heavy long johns under the baseball pants and shirt, a thick hooded sweatshirt and maybe a stocking hat and keep them moving. It wasn't snowing or 4 degrees outside. People all over my neighborhood were out walking dogs, playing in the yard, etc...

As for all the stupid talk about baseball and no scouts calling and everything else, baseball wasn't the point. If the option is to get the kids together to play -------insert any organized outdoor game that doesn't send you into emotional spasms----- vs sitting at home playing video games, I would much rather bundle 'em up and go play.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        fify.
        Just checked with a bud who son played for Arlington Lamar. He said 80-90% of the team played travel ball prior. The other 10-20% are the God given talent kids.

Comment

43 with some wind really isn't a big deal to kids that age. As long as you keep them moving it will be fine and the parents can sit in the car.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
            $6-10K/year
            You didn't answer the question. What's the difference in 7-8 yr olds playing local ball and 7-8 yr olds playing select ball? Just because you spend more money on them? They are still 7-8.
            Originally posted by TXJIM View Post
            You are picking the apples from my comments and comparing them to oranges. It was 45 degrees, sunny and maybe a light breeze at 4:00 PM here in Austin yesterday. My kids were outside throwing a baseball in sweats and a hoodie, until I broke my **** ankle

When I got home from the ER, they played basketball in the driveway until dark. At 40 degrees, some heavy long johns under the baseball pants and shirt, a thick hooded sweatshirt and maybe a stocking hat and keep them moving. It wasn't snowing or 4 degrees outside. People all over my neighborhood were out walking dogs, playing in the yard, etc...

As for all the stupid talk about baseball and no scouts calling and everything else, baseball wasn't the point. If the option is to get the kids together to play -------insert any organized outdoor game that doesn't send you into emotional spasms----- vs sitting at home playing video games, I would much rather bundle 'em up and go play.
            What do you have against video games? I bet you've never broken your ankle playing them.

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
              You didn't answer the question. What's the difference in 7-8 yr olds playing local ball and 7-8 yr olds playing select ball? Just because you spend more money on them? They are still 7-8.

What do you have against video games? I bet you've never broken your ankle playing them.
              yeah, whats wrong with a kid wanting to be a "gamer" or "youtuber" when they grow up?

Comment

You didn't answer the question. What's the difference in 7-8 yr olds playing local ball and 7-8 yr olds playing select ball? Just because you spend more money on them? They are still 7-8..
                I completely agree!!!

Sorry but you cannot coach that age group very much. And not enough for them to make adjustments to justify anywhere near the kind of money some pay!!

Go let them hit off a tee, run, throw, and go to every LL practice.

You either have it or you don't

Comment

I agree, waited every year for snow to play football with the neighbors, so do my kids. My son will not wear a jacket period. I'm just saying that with the choice, I would have 7 year olds practice indoors in that particular scenario. Playing outside with the ability to go inside whenever someone wants is a lot different than some of the coaches decisions I've seen in 8 or 9 years of select ball. Our high school has an indoor practice facility and we have one back to back state championships so apparently it doesn't make someone soft to practice indoors from time to time.
                  Old school ways are not always correct.

Comment

I love video games, I just hate the fat pasty kids that play them 9 hours a day

Comment

I agree, waited every year for snow to play football with the neighbors, so do my kids. My son will not wear a jacket period. I'm just saying that with the choice, I would have 7 year olds practice indoors in that particular scenario. Playing outside with the ability to go inside whenever someone wants is a lot different than some of the coaches decisions I've seen in 8 or 9 years of select ball. Our high school has an indoor practice facility and we have one back to back state championships so apparently it doesn't make someone soft to practice indoors from time to time.
                      Old school ways are not always correct.

Take a look at my first comment in this thread on page 1

Comment

I love video games, I just hate the fat pasty kids that play them 9 hours a day
                        x2!

Same ones who don't play organized activities and complain life isn't fair

Comment

Expectation of parents and some dergee the kids.

Comment

I think we almost have this one figured out. Good job crew keep it up.

Comment

Would seem like a good way to lose a 7 year olds interest in baseball.

Comment

Unless it creates an imminent danger, the show must go on. My daughter rodeo's and it doesn't stop for rain, wind, cold, or heat. Lightning is about the only thing that will shut down a rodeo. Tell those kids to suck it up .

Comment

Working...
                                X