Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First bow kill of 2016

G'day guys,

Here in Australia the reds and fallow are just starting to finish their velvet growth and over the next month will be stripping.

There's a stag I've been trying to stick with the bow and this evening I did another hunt for him.

A few Roos hopped past at 20m, stopped for a scratch and continued on. Unfortunately they can only be shot with a rifle in aus strictly no bows. As dark began to close in and there was no sign of my cull stag this hare fed into 22m and with a nice double lung I punched his ticket and he was dead in his tracks.

Hopefully it's a sign of a good year to come

Good shooting. Have you got your Impulse yet?

Comment

Good luck on the Stag and nice shot!

Comment

Good shot

Comment

Originally posted by mikey2 View Post

Nah mate, I'm going to order it this week, they said it'll take a month to get in though. Our rut is in April so as long as I have it set up by then I'll be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by mikey2 View Post
            Ordered him just now, I34 in Kuiu Verde with a V grip. $1659AUD for that and a two piece quiver but it'll be worth it.

Comment

That's a big hare. Cool kill for sure. Australia/New Zealand is one of my top hunting bucket list places to go to. One day for sure!!!! Keep on shooting mate

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                That's a big hare. Cool kill for sure. Australia/New Zealand is one of my top hunting bucket list places to go to. One day for sure!!!! Keep on shooting mate
                Cheers mate, this was a mature doe but the bucks get even bigger.

Both are beautiful places, personally I prefer NZ for the DIY hunter, but Australia has some great hunting and shooting as well.

Comment

Man, I'm a huge fan of Aussie land!! Would love to hunt it! Not only for the animals but also for the ROCKS!! I'm a geologist so rocks are kinda my thing also!! Great kill bud and good luck this season! Hope you get a stud!!

Comment

nice

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
                      Man, I'm a huge fan of Aussie land!! Would love to hunt it! Not only for the animals but also for the ROCKS!! I'm a geologist so rocks are kinda my thing also!! Great kill bud and good luck this season! Hope you get a stud!!

You geologists always seem to be excited, my cousin is one and he is always loving life!

Comment

Nice

Comment

Good shot!

Comment

Congrats man!

Comment

Nice, way to go buddy!

Comment

Working...
                              X