what kind of food plot is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what kind of food plot is this?

this may sound crazy but i thought this was lab lab from the local coop. but it doesnt look like it! anyone know what this is? thx! Scott
    Attached Files

That's a healthy stand of goat weed. That's what happens when you scratch the ground and your planting doesn't work. I'm an expert at raising goat weed !

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
      That's a healthy stand of goat weed. That's what happens when you scratch the ground and your planting doesn't work. I'm an expert at raising goat weed !
      Gota agree

Comment

Dove Field

They love some Croton seed.

Comment

That right there is a dove patch!!

Comment

**** really?! goat weed!!! i don't have this anywhere else on the ranch other than where i planted this! lol i thought i was planting lab lab! Should i let it stand for dove season?? So no deer or exotics will eat this? thank you very much for this!!!

Comment

Need to see a better pic where the sun isn't shining so bright I think. It looks like goat weed in the pic, but with a diff pic, maybe standing out in it, we might be able to confirm.

Comment

I imagine you did plant lablab, but due to the lask of moisture, it didn't make. It either never germinated or the deer ate it up when it was very small. Goat weed seeds can lie in the ground for years just waiting for some ignorant deer hunter, (like me), to come along and set them free It probably won't even make a good dove plot. Too thick. Doves like clean ground to walk around on underneath.

Comment

Mow it a week before the dove opener and you might have a good shoot. Dove love it

Comment

here is another pic... is this really goat weed?? i dont ahve any of this on the property except where this food plot is...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Yes it is Texas goatweed, aka: woolly croton, dove weed, or hogwort. It will come up anywhere that you scratch the ground almost anywhere in Texas.

Comment

Let it burn up, then knock it down...so many dove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dove weed, I got acres of it right now. Shred it in a couple weeks and dove hunt over it. That stuff takes over when it your plot seeds dont grow real thick. Might spray a pre-emergent next spring to help control it.

Comment

ok thank guys. i going to knock it down and hunt dove over it...

Comment

LMAO!!!!

WHen you disk it is guaranteed to take over that disked area

Comment

Working...
                              X