Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2017, 12:30 PM   #1
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default Pit bulls

Can we discuss pit bulls in this section? Or is that a topic banned from all of TBH?
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-25-2017, 12:41 PM   #2
txtimetravler
Pope & Young
 
txtimetravler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wilco
Hunt In: Wilco
Default

Merry Christmas!
txtimetravler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-25-2017, 01:05 PM   #3
2good2Btru
Six Point
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Junction
Default

Merry Christmas
2good2Btru is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-25-2017, 01:37 PM   #4
tradtiger
Pope & Young
 
tradtiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Austin
Hunt In: Lee Co., Granger
Default

Pretty sure civility is the issue. Personal attacks violate forum rules. Should be possible to discuss any topic on its merits without attacking individuals. Individual attack is known as "argumentum ad hominem" and lacks merit in debate.

Merry Christmas!
tradtiger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-25-2017, 03:08 PM   #5
Muskles
Ten Point
 
Muskles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Jacksonville
Hunt In: Cherokee Co
Default

I don't think it's the topic of pit bulls that gets the thread wacked. It's when everyone resorts to name calling and insults.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Muskles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-25-2017, 03:15 PM   #6
cuttingedge
Ten Point
 
cuttingedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Colorado Springs - sadness
Hunt In: hardly at all here
Default

I'll start it off. I don't care for them. I have known some sweet ones, but the vicious ones I have come in contact with outweigh the good, for me personally, anyway.

A friend of mine had one, that when I would come to visit, would lunge at me so hard against the logging chain he had it tied to the well house with, it would jerk itself airborne and back flip. It wasn't just wanting to say hi either.

I told him the dog was a tremendous liability. It got loose eventually and killed one of the neighbor's cows. He had to put it down.
cuttingedge is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-25-2017, 04:14 PM   #7
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskles View Post
I don't think it's the topic of pit bulls that gets the thread wacked. It's when everyone resorts to name calling and insults.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
I think what frustrates me is it appears like the pit lovers do the name calling JUST to get pit threads deleted. They don't want to read the facts or want others to read the facts.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-25-2017, 04:39 PM   #8
LFD2037
Pope & Young
 
LFD2037's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Hunt In: Over yonder
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingedge View Post

the logging chain he had it tied to the well house with,
There's a large majority of the problem.
LFD2037 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-25-2017, 05:32 PM   #9
Lostacresranch
Six Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default

People get emotional with pets. They seem to get aggressively defensive if it's pittbulls. And the argument they use of "small/other dogs bite more people" is correct. But other dogs all combined don't maul and kill people at the numbers in which pittbulls do. Other dogs don't maul and kill other pets at the numbers pittbulls do. As for large dogs as pets, pittbulls rank among the lowest in numbers, yet kill more than all the rest together. Those are simple facts anyone can check from the CDC.
As a large dog owner, I'm confounded by people who would choose this breed as a pet when dozens of others are available. Pitts are extremely strong dogs. They are bred to be muscular and can be hard headed and difficult to control. We've all seen someone being dragged behind one that they can barely hang onto. There are better dogs for pets out their.
The arguement that "my pit wouldn't hurt anything" or "mine wouldn't bite" is as useless as anyone saying that about any dog. But in the case of a Pitt, that bite might be much more serious or a few seconds of uncontrol can cause a disfigurement or death.
Lostacresranch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-25-2017, 08:37 PM   #10
Fishcat91
Eight Point
 
Fishcat91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Victoria Tx
Hunt In: Secret Spot
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Can we discuss pit bulls in this section? Or is that a topic banned from all of TBH?
Do you think that pit bulls have the highest rate of attacks and the breed should not be legal to own?
Fishcat91 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-25-2017, 09:04 PM   #11
Acameron52
Ten Point
 
Acameron52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Lewisville
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

Don’t even start...
Acameron52 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-25-2017, 10:41 PM   #12
Lynn21
Ten Point
 
Lynn21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Mesquite,texas
Hunt In: Childress, Tx
Default

I never understood the reason for anyone wanting to own any vicious breed of dog. As mentioned above, "liability" carries a lot of weight. I don't even own a dog, but if I did own a lab, or let's say a poodle, and it accidentally got out, I'm not gonna worry about it mauling anyone. Just my 2 cents worth.
Lynn21 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-25-2017, 11:00 PM   #13
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young
 
txoutdoorsman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: In camo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn21 View Post
I never understood the reason for anyone wanting to own any vicious breed of dog. As mentioned above, "liability" carries a lot of weight. I don't even own a dog, but if I did own a lab, or let's say a poodle, and it accidentally got out, I'm not gonna worry about it mauling anyone. Just my 2 cents worth.
Clearly you never been around either a lab or a poodle. Both are aggressive breeds.

And as always, itís all about the owners. Not the animal
txoutdoorsman24 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-25-2017, 11:12 PM   #14
Rubi513
Pope & Young
 
Rubi513's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Centerville
Hunt In: Walker County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
Clearly you never been around either a lab or a poodle. Both are aggressive breeds.

And as always, itís all about the owners. Not the animal
Yep, I hear about killer labs and poodles all the time...
Rubi513 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-25-2017, 11:14 PM   #15
locknload
Ten Point
 
locknload's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Flower Mound
Hunt In: Throckmorton, Hamilton Counties
Default

Pit bulls remain largely misunderstood because of irresponsible owners, sensationalist news stories, and a proliferation of myths.
locknload is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-25-2017, 11:52 PM   #16
Pedernal
Pope & Young
 
Pedernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Del Rio
Hunt In: Amistad
Default

I have seen aggressive behavior from many breeds of dogs towards people. A lot of the time the only way an aggressive dog can hurt you is to annoy you to death with itís yapping. Pit bulls along with a few other large breed dogs can certainly kill a person. ThT is the big difference.
Pedernal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-26-2017, 12:06 AM   #17
tradtiger
Pope & Young
 
tradtiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Austin
Hunt In: Lee Co., Granger
Default

I'm sure there are many nice pit bulls kept without incident by responsible owners.

CDC records on fatal dog-bite incidents between 1979 and 1996 list the breed of "pit bulls" as responsible for 60 deaths -- double the next breed, Rottweilers, with 29, while German Shepherds killed 19 over that timeframe.

Draw your own conclusions.
tradtiger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-26-2017, 12:10 AM   #18
Lynn21
Ten Point
 
Lynn21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Mesquite,texas
Hunt In: Childress, Tx
Default

I guess he was joking, right? Labs and poodles are aggressive breeds? Hmmm....
Lynn21 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-26-2017, 12:21 AM   #19
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young
 
txoutdoorsman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: In camo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi513 View Post
Yep, I hear about killer labs and poodles all the time...
Haha. Shhhhh.

But seriously though, one of the worse dog bites Iíve had was from a huge French poodle. Doing an AC call and He would follow around. Didnít back or anything. I paid him no mind at first but when I went to finally pet him he bit the crap out me. Owner said thatís how he was.
txoutdoorsman24 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-26-2017, 12:31 AM   #20
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young
 
txoutdoorsman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: In camo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn21 View Post
I guess he was joking, right? Labs and poodles are aggressive breeds? Hmmm....
As I stated, itís all about the owner. No I was joking
txoutdoorsman24 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-26-2017, 07:47 AM   #21
6.5 shooter
Eight Point
 
6.5 shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Default

Pit bulls are great, until they flip their switch.
6.5 shooter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-26-2017, 08:20 AM   #22
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young
 
muzzlebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Euless, Texas
Hunt In: Sterling County
Default

Dynamite is usually harmless with no fuse or blasting cap. It can sit there for years until one day it gets jiggled ever slightly and then KA-BOOM!
Same with a Pit Bull.
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-26-2017, 09:14 AM   #23
Clay C
Ten Point
 
Clay C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Conroe
Default

There was just an event last week where a nice young lady was killed and eaten by her own pit while she was walking it. Yes, the dog was actually eating her when police arrived.

Then there was the happening last year or the year before where an owner was killed by his pit while being interviewed about being a pit owner.

People can talk about how aggressive labs and poodles are and give out dog bite statistics. The difference is, labs and poodles don't REGULARLY kill people.

For the "it's the owner" crowd. Why is it if i'm looking for a bird dog one can be suggested to me based on the history of a particular breed? Why is it people talk about how goofy labs are as a breed? Why is it Jack Russels as a breed are always referred to as killers? Now why is it when it comes to pit bulls, history of the breed doesn't matter and it's solely about the people who raise them?
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-26-2017, 10:44 AM   #24
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzlebrake View Post
Dynamite is usually harmless with no fuse or blasting cap. It can sit there for years until one day it gets jiggled ever slightly and then KA-BOOM!
Same with a Pit Bull.


If people were emotionally attached to dynamite the ones who rode around with it for years would swear up and down it's harmless. They would ignore the people who got blown up by it..bad owners or some other excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
There was just an event last week where a nice young lady was killed and eaten by her own pit while she was walking it. Yes, the dog was actually eating her when police arrived.

Then there was the happening last year or the year before where an owner was killed by his pit while being interviewed about being a pit owner.

People can talk about how aggressive labs and poodles are and give out dog bite statistics. The difference is, labs and poodles don't REGULARLY kill people.

For the "it's the owner" crowd. Why is it if i'm looking for a bird dog one can be suggested to me based on the history of a particular breed? Why is it people talk about how goofy labs are as a breed? Why is it Jack Russels as a breed are always referred to as killers? Now why is it when it comes to pit bulls, history of the breed doesn't matter and it's solely about the people who raise them?
That's been told to them over and over. I don't see how one can ignore those facts but they do.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-26-2017, 11:24 AM   #25
LFD2037
Pope & Young
 
LFD2037's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Hunt In: Over yonder
Default

I don't think the CDC results are a good value. I've ran on many, many people who were bitten by dogs that didn't want to go to the hospital, therefore there would be no statistic on it. I don't believe pits are more likely to bite, I think they have the ability to do more damage when they DO bite, therefore hospital visits/ CDC reports are more prevalent.
I've had 4 pits that I'd trust w/my life. BUT the vast majority of pits I've been around, that I didn't know, I just flat out didn't trust at all. (ironic, I know)
I have a 9 month old American Bulldog now that's bigger & stronger, by a large margin, than any Pit I've ever owned. I fully trust her with my life but if I didn't know her, & saw her walking down the street, I'd do my best to get as far from her as possible!!! She looks like a 90lb pit on steroids w/a giant head.
I think it boils down to having the ability to do harm more than it is the frequency of doing harm.
LFD2037 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-26-2017, 11:35 AM   #26
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

Im personal friends with a veterinarian, in the hill country, who is also a dog bite investigator for the state. He has been doing that job for 25+ years.. The stories he can tell you about Pitts and Rotwielers attacks, and the things he has witnessed, will give you goose bumps.. Chows aren't to be taken lightly either...

My opinion about these breeds should be obvious but my opinion doesn't matter. They are legal and probably always will be but I'm sure if Trump owned one the libs would be trying to get them irraticated... Hmmm..


But those poodles???? Straight up MAN EATERS.
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-26-2017, 11:42 AM   #27
LFD2037
Pope & Young
 
LFD2037's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Hunt In: Over yonder
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
Im personal friends with a veterinarian, in the hill country, who is also a dog bite investigator for the state. He has been doing that job for 25+ years.. The stories he can tell you about Pitts and Rotwielers attacks, and the things he has witnessed, will give you goose bumps.. Chows aren't to be taken lightly either...

My opinion about these breeds should be obvious but my opinion doesn't matter. They are legal and probably always will be but I'm sure if Trump owned one the libs would be trying to get them irraticated... Hmmm..


But those poodles???? Straight up MAN EATERS.
I was attacked by a standard poodle when I was about 10. It was a dog I had been around 10+ times & played with in my neighborhood. It was HUGE! Like Great Dane huge. It knocked me down, jumped on my back & started to maul me. Luckily I was able to get up and quickly climb a 6' wooden fence to get away. Those big ones can be mean.
LFD2037 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-26-2017, 11:48 AM   #28
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFD2037 View Post
I was attacked by a standard poodle when I was about 10. It was a dog I had been around 10+ times & played with in my neighborhood. It was HUGE! Like Great Dane huge. It knocked me down, jumped on my back & started to maul me. Luckily I was able to get up and quickly climb a 6' wooden fence to get away. Those big ones can be mean.
Ok, yea I was talking your standard small house poodle..
Those giant, ugly clown looking poodles freak me out... I can't imagine how scary that must have been.... That would be as bad as getting attacked by a scary clown...
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-26-2017, 02:03 PM   #29
texasnavy05
Ten Point
 
texasnavy05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Snook, TX
Hunt In: Snook, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
There was just an event last week where a nice young lady was killed and eaten by her own pit while she was walking it. Yes, the dog was actually eating her when police arrived.

Then there was the happening last year or the year before where an owner was killed by his pit while being interviewed about being a pit owner.

People can talk about how aggressive labs and poodles are and give out dog bite statistics. The difference is, labs and poodles don't REGULARLY kill people.

For the "it's the owner" crowd. Why is it if i'm looking for a bird dog one can be suggested to me based on the history of a particular breed? Why is it people talk about how goofy labs are as a breed? Why is it Jack Russels as a breed are always referred to as killers? Now why is it when it comes to pit bulls, history of the breed doesn't matter and it's solely about the people who raise them?
bingo



Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
texasnavy05 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-26-2017, 04:51 PM   #30
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
There was just an event last week where a nice young lady was killed and eaten by her own pit while she was walking it. Yes, the dog was actually eating her when police arrived.

Then there was the happening last year or the year before where an owner was killed by his pit while being interviewed about being a pit owner.

People can talk about how aggressive labs and poodles are and give out dog bite statistics. The difference is, labs and poodles don't REGULARLY kill people.

For the "it's the owner" crowd. Why is it if i'm looking for a bird dog one can be suggested to me based on the history of a particular breed? Why is it people talk about how goofy labs are as a breed? Why is it Jack Russels as a breed are always referred to as killers? Now why is it when it comes to pit bulls, history of the breed doesn't matter and it's solely about the people who raise them?
Don't talk logic
BrandonA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-26-2017, 05:05 PM   #31
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young
 
txoutdoorsman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: In camo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
Im personal friends with a veterinarian, in the hill country, who is also a dog bite investigator for the state. He has been doing that job for 25+ years.. The stories he can tell you about Pitts and Rotwielers attacks, and the things he has witnessed, will give you goose bumps.. Chows aren't to be taken lightly either...

My opinion about these breeds should be obvious but my opinion doesn't matter. They are legal and probably always will be but I'm sure if Trump owned one the libs would be trying to get them irraticated... Hmmm..


But those poodles???? Straight up MAN EATERS.
You are right about the Chows. We had one when I was a kid and that mofo would bite any and everyone. Finally snapped one to many times at my grandpa and he fed him some led. Def a breed to not play around with.
txoutdoorsman24 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-26-2017, 06:01 PM   #32
Shane
Pope & Young
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Abilene, TX
Hunt In: Mismatched camo
Default

There's a big difference between a little dog that yaps like crazy and nips at your heels and a big strong dog that snaps, kills you and eats you. I don't car much for the former, but I have no use at all for the latter.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-27-2017, 03:01 PM   #33
Lostacresranch
Six Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradtiger View Post
I'm sure there are many nice pit bulls kept without incident by responsible owners.



CDC records on fatal dog-bite incidents between 1979 and 1996 list the breed of "pit bulls" as responsible for 60 deaths -- double the next breed, Rottweilers, with 29, while German Shepherds killed 19 over that timeframe.



Draw your own conclusions.


The numbers are worse than that now. Pittbulls make up only 9% of dogs owned, but kill more humans than all others combined. They kill other pets more than all others combined. They maul humans more than all other breeds combined. This year alone, there have been over 20 fatalities caused by "pittbull type" dogs, meaning that some were pittbull mixed dogs.
Again,owners get emotional and defensive about them. I guess they have to, because there is no logical argument when looking at the facts. There are dozens of breeds that are more compatible as pets, with better statistics.
Lostacresranch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-27-2017, 04:55 PM   #34
Fishcat91
Eight Point
 
Fishcat91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Victoria Tx
Hunt In: Secret Spot
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostacresranch View Post
The numbers are worse than that now. Pittbulls make up only 9% of dogs owned, but kill more humans than all others combined. They kill other pets more than all others combined. They maul humans more than all other breeds combined. This year alone, there have been over 20 fatalities caused by "pittbull type" dogs, meaning that some were pittbull mixed dogs.
Again,owners get emotional and defensive about them. I guess they have to, because there is no logical argument when looking at the facts. There are dozens of breeds that are more compatible as pets, with better statistics.
The argument you stated sounds exactly like a liberal trying to prove gun laws is the direction we need to go as far as banning assault rifles. Lol
Fishcat91 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-27-2017, 05:09 PM   #35
westtexducks
Pope & Young
 
westtexducks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Angelo, TX
Hunt In: Where ever I can.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishcat91 View Post
The argument you stated sounds exactly like a liberal trying to prove gun laws is the direction we need to go as far as banning assault rifles. Lol


Owning a useless dog is not protected by the constitution like owning a gun is.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
westtexducks is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-27-2017, 05:12 PM   #36
Fishcat91
Eight Point
 
Fishcat91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Victoria Tx
Hunt In: Secret Spot
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by westtexducks View Post
Owning a useless dog is not protected by the constitution like owning a gun is.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree dogs aren't protected.... but it's still hiding behind the same arguments as a liberal would use
Fishcat91 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-27-2017, 05:20 PM   #37
Clay C
Ten Point
 
Clay C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Conroe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishcat91 View Post
I agree dogs aren't protected.... but it's still hiding behind the same arguments as a liberal would use


One is a living, breathing animal. The other is an inanimate object. There are no parallels here. One is not like the other.
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-27-2017, 05:29 PM   #38
Fishcat91
Eight Point
 
Fishcat91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Victoria Tx
Hunt In: Secret Spot
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
One is a living, breathing animal. The other is an inanimate object. There are no parallels here. One is not like the other.
lol it's funny how y'all pick and choose. It's either one or the other. You can't have it both ways.... we have plenty other rifles to hunt with, just like we have plenty other breeds of dogs to choose as a pet. I own a bulldog because guess what I can. Just the same as an ar-15. I own one, because guess what I can. You can't dance around the fact that y'all are using the same argument as liberal when it comes down to this subject.
Fishcat91 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-27-2017, 05:40 PM   #39
Clay C
Ten Point
 
Clay C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Conroe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishcat91 View Post
lol it's funny how y'all pick and choose. It's either one or the other. You can't have it both ways.... we have plenty other rifles to hunt with, just like we have plenty other breeds of dogs to choose as a pet. I own a bulldog because guess what I can. Just the same as an ar-15. I own one, because guess what I can. You can't dance around the fact that y'all are using the same argument as liberal when it comes down to this subject.
I don't think they should be banned, I was simply pointing out you can't compare a pit bull to an AR15. It's two completely different things. To act like there are parallels there is being intellectually dishonest.



If you want to own a pit, have at it. Just be a responsible owner. That way, if anyone gets harmed, it will only be you.
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-27-2017, 05:43 PM   #40
Fishcat91
Eight Point
 
Fishcat91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Victoria Tx
Hunt In: Secret Spot
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
I don't think they should be banned, I was simply pointing out you can't compare a pit bull to an AR15. It's two completely different things. To act like there are parallels there is being intellectually dishonest.



If you want to own a pit, have at it. Just be a responsible owner. That way, if anyone gets harmed, it will only be you.
I'm saying some people are hiding behind the same logic of the argument.... it's the same logic. To not see that is intellectually dishonest.
Fishcat91 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-27-2017, 05:52 PM   #41
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishcat91 View Post
I'm saying some people are hiding behind the same logic of the argument.... it's the same logic. To not see that is intellectually dishonest.
No, the same logic is pit owners getting upset due to not being able to accept the facts. That's the same logic as the liberals.
Ironman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-27-2017, 05:52 PM   #42
Chasing_bone
Ten Point
 
Chasing_bone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Hunt In: Navarro County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishcat91 View Post
lol it's funny how y'all pick and choose. It's either one or the other. You can't have it both ways.... we have plenty other rifles to hunt with, just like we have plenty other breeds of dogs to choose as a pet. I own a bulldog because guess what I can. Just the same as an ar-15. I own one, because guess what I can. You can't dance around the fact that y'all are using the same argument as liberal when it comes down to this subject.

So you should be treated the same way you would if you killed someone with your AR15 if your dog kills someone? You canít have it both ways.
Chasing_bone is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-27-2017, 06:09 PM   #43
Lostacresranch
Six Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default Pit bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishcat91 View Post
The argument you stated sounds exactly like a liberal trying to prove gun laws is the direction we need to go as far as banning assault rifles. Lol


No, because unlike liberals blaming all murders on assault rifles, I have numbers to prove that's a lie. In the case of pittbulls killing humans more than all other breeds, I have facts to back that up. Liberals don't deal in facts. They deal in emotional illogical responses. Like many pittbull owners do.

Last edited by Lostacresranch; 12-27-2017 at 06:12 PM.
Lostacresranch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-27-2017, 06:13 PM   #44
Fishcat91
Eight Point
 
Fishcat91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Victoria Tx
Hunt In: Secret Spot
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasing_bone View Post
So you should be treated the same way you would if you killed someone with your AR15 if your dog kills someone? You canít have it both ways.
Hahahah nice try...... you see the funny thing is when we have these shootings and the liberals come after gun rights, the number one argument is mental disorder, crazy person, I teach my kids how to handle a weapon they know better then that, etc and so on ........ that's our fight against the liberals for their " you don't need assault rifles they are bad they have a repeat history in violence attacks"...... same goes for the people who support pitbulls, bulldogs, rottys, and other " vicious" breeds. We say that it's the owner, it's the dogs fault he had something in his head wrong, etc and so on. And y'all rebuttal with, it's always the same breed coming up in the news, the have a history with violent attacks blah blah blah, etc and so on. So you see. On this particular argument y'all pit bull haters find in convienent to jump the fence and stand on the box that the liberals use against us. For myself I stay on my side of the fence and pro claim that some dogs just go crazy, some are raised wrong, some never have a problem. I'm not blaming the breed. I don't think we should kill off the breed. I don't think we should ban the breed. I'm just pointing out a funny fact that some of y'all like to flip flop with the liberal views. Which is fine. I just think it's funny...... I'm sure I have a lot of errors in this post, I'm typing off my phone. So you can save the " your a redneck hillbilly who can not spell, write, of course you support pit bulls"
Fishcat91 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-27-2017, 06:15 PM   #45
Fishcat91
Eight Point
 
Fishcat91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Victoria Tx
Hunt In: Secret Spot
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostacresranch View Post
No, because unlike liberals blaming all murders on assault rifles, I have numbers to prove that's a lie. In the case of pittbulls killing humans more than all other breeds, I have facts to back that up. Liberals don't deal in facts. They deal in emotional illogical responses. Like many pittbull owners do.
Well let's hear the facts.
Fishcat91 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-27-2017, 06:19 PM   #46
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishcat91 View Post
Well let's hear the facts.
Google is your friend. Whether you like it or not, pits have a bad reputation for a reason. The numbers don't lie. Now don't go getting all emotional over the facts.
Ironman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-27-2017, 06:23 PM   #47
Fishcat91
Eight Point
 
Fishcat91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Victoria Tx
Hunt In: Secret Spot
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
Google is your friend. Whether you like it or not, pits have a bad reputation for a reason. The numbers don't lie. Now don't go getting all emotional over the facts.
Lol you said you had them. Was gonna save some time since you had all the goods for me. I'm not getting emotional I'm just getting a good laugh in
Fishcat91 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-27-2017, 06:24 PM   #48
Chasing_bone
Ten Point
 
Chasing_bone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Hunt In: Navarro County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishcat91 View Post
Hahahah nice try...... you see the funny thing is when we have these shootings and the liberals come after gun rights, the number one argument is mental disorder, crazy person, I teach my kids how to handle a weapon they know better then that, etc and so on ........ that's our fight against the liberals for their " you don't need assault rifles they are bad they have a repeat history in violence attacks"...... same goes for the people who support pitbulls, bulldogs, rottys, and other " vicious" breeds. We say that it's the owner, it's the dogs fault he had something in his head wrong, etc and so on. And y'all rebuttal with, it's always the same breed coming up in the news, the have a history with violent attacks blah blah blah, etc and so on. So you see. On this particular argument y'all pit bull haters find in convienent to jump the fence and stand on the box that the liberals use against us. For myself I stay on my side of the fence and pro claim that some dogs just go crazy, some are raised wrong, some never have a problem. I'm not blaming the breed. I don't think we should kill off the breed. I don't think we should ban the breed. I'm just pointing out a funny fact that some of y'all like to flip flop with the liberal views. Which is fine. I just think it's funny...... I'm sure I have a lot of errors in this post, I'm typing off my phone. So you can save the " your a redneck hillbilly who can not spell, write, of course you support pit bulls"

LOL.....no spelling police here. Iím not trying to spoil anybody on a breed of dog. When we were picking our JRT out All I heard from our families was so and soís horror stories on every JRT they heard of. Our Scout is one of the sweetest dogs I have ever owned. Now she is in constant need of attention. LOL....hey sheís a lover. Anyway back at it. Iím not going to bang on anybody that is a responsible dog owner, BUT a lot of the pit owners are not and want the the most ****** dog anybody has ever seen. It has come to be a status symbol in some ďcommunitiesĒ. These same people use them as scare tactics as well. I remember the Rotties and German Shepardís going through this same deal.
Chasing_bone is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-27-2017, 06:35 PM   #49
Old Bald Guy
Ten Point
 
Old Bald Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canyon Lake
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasing_bone View Post
So you should be treated the same way you would if you killed someone with your AR15 if your dog kills someone?
Amen. That is the solution to the problem.
Old Bald Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-27-2017, 06:36 PM   #50
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishcat91 View Post
Lol you said you had them. Was gonna save some time since you had all the goods for me. I'm not getting emotional I'm just getting a good laugh in
Me too, considering I'm not the one who stated I had anything.
Ironman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com