what has made you leave the woods.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what has made you leave the woods.

Ok, heres the question it should be titled better,.What made u so uneasy that u decided it was best to scat out of there?Reason being well lol, 3 times in my life it has happened.First time me and my dad was laughing and carrying on the woods , next thing you know this boooming set of lungs comes from no were, it was so loud my ears rung for an hour was not a panther or anything like that we have hunted are woodsman that did not belong there we seen nothing our view was obscured by a train car, next day went back after changing our shorts and found a place where something had laid and even worse , it just left from that spot it was cool out there number one steam was coming off the area 2 no frost on the spot 3 really god awful odor, forget man card i left them all out there.Well i was 15 give me a break but this thing was huge and we never saw it, but what scared me worse or most was my dad whom isnt scared of anything, i watched his face turn pale and goose bumps form on his arms.I am a realist i have to see it to belive it. but the other 2 timesare another read.What say yall?

Sorry... got nothing

I've spent weeks alone in the mountains and deep woods when I was a young man and I've never heard or seen anything that scared me.. I've been scared plenty of times by situations I got myself into but never by anything running around in the woods... But I've never had a fear of dying... only of being crippled...

Comment

I had to leave the woods one time. I was so scared. I heard rumbling, had a terrible uneasy feeling in my stomach. I heard GROWLING! I ran out of there as fast as I could...

I finally made it back to my truck ......

grabbed the roll of toilet paper and ran to the back bumper to assume the position and rid my body of the beer and greasy tacos consumed the night before.

Comment

When I was a teenager hunting in East Texas I heard something running my way. Turned out to be a couple of dogs. Ran right up to me and these dogs were very friendly. I sat down with them and was scratching them and petting them.

Next thing I know this guy is screaming at me and pointing his rifle at me telling me not to hurt his dogs. I told I was just petting them. I grabbed my rifle and ran away. I found my dad and we packed up and left the area. This was on public land.

Comment

I once left a field on a goose hunt when someone didn't know how to keep his gun pointed in a safe direction. Then the at the next mornings breakfast i heard how he shot one of the dogs in the field. Dog was ok, they said.

Comment

from age 12 till about 22 i spent nearly ever day out there, sometimes weeks before returning home, so i am not scared really of anything outthere again sometimes you see or hear things that just dont belong,these occurences happened while they where digging cooper lake horton bottoms these woods where so thick u could not walk 100 yards in 2 hours yes that thick, while they where digging the lake all the critters were moving up the south sulpher river area, thats when 2 of my encounters happened.

Comment

never been scared enough to leave the woods or quit hunting.

Comment

I was bowhunting from a ladder stand in Center, Tx about 20 years ago. The stand was set inside a treeline that was on the edge of a 75 acre field. I had put the stand about halfway down a ridge 30 yards from the fenceline. My eye level was even with the field.
                The people on the other side of the field decided to shoot their rifles across the field directly towards me. I could hear the bullets whistling over my head. I quickly climbed down and ran down the hill and back to camp. I don't think they knew anyone was hunting, at least I hope not.

Comment

My Blue Heeler told me he didn't want to track anymore when we were trailing a wounded buck in McMullen County because of the Lion prints in the trail. He would take a step, smell a print then look at me. I tried to urge him on but he became more and more hesitant and finally got behnd me. This Heeler was fearless around stock dogs and I watched him get stretched out more than once by a group of them but he did not want to continue into that thicket. I finally decided he was a pretty smart dog and that we needed backup so back to the truck we went. We were 6 miles from the house on 15k acres.

Comment

The only time I actually ran to the truck was from a lightning storm in limestone county. Never seen anything like it. must have been a lot of static electricity in the air. Hair on my arms as well as my head was sticking up.

Comment

Never had anything scare me enough to leave the woods, but was in a creek bottom hunting out of brushblind one morning and listened to what I assume was a rabbit getting chawed on by a bobcat. Darn sure creepy and made my blood run cold.

Comment

Never had anything scare me outta the woods either except bad weather.

Your encounter sounds like a big boar.

Comment

Never had to leave the woods in a situation but I've had a few spook me but I kept going with my pistol by my side.

Comment

Last season opening day of rifle season in Wisconsin. There were so many people in the woods, so many gunshots, bullets whistling through the trees, I got out of my stand and headed towards the truck. On the way, I bumped a big 10, and filled my tag.

Comment

Originally posted by explorer1 View Post
                              Ok, heres the question it should be titled better,.What made u so uneasy that u decided it was best to scat out of there?Reason being well lol, 3 times in my life it has happened.First time me and my dad was laughing and carrying on the woods , next thing you know this boooming set of lungs comes from no were, it was so loud my ears rung for an hour was not a panther or anything like that we have hunted are woodsman that did not belong there we seen nothing our view was obscured by a train car, next day went back after changing our shorts and found a place where something had laid and even worse , it just left from that spot it was cool out there number one steam was coming off the area 2 no frost on the spot 3 really god awful odor, forget man card i left them all out there.Well i was 15 give me a break but this thing was huge and we never saw it, but what scared me worse or most was my dad whom isnt scared of anything, i watched his face turn pale and goose bumps form on his arms.I am a realist i have to see it to belive it. but the other 2 timesare another read.What say yall?
                              What do you think it was? Bigfoot? Serious question too.

Comment

Working...
                              X