2018 TPWD Draw Hunts - let the fun begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just checked the website and the 2018-19 catalog is up.

Have fun dreaming! And don't waste too much time at work browsing the catalog.

Woohoo. Will be planning my donations to the state.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Headed there now! Good luck everyone.

Comment

Just looked and wow what a joke

Comment

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
          Just looked and wow what a joke
          What do you mean?

Comment

I’ve got a bone to pick with a buck in Fort Boggy. He slipped right by me last year after almost running head first into my blind. Maybe I’ll get lucky and draw that place again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Does anyone know if I don’t put in this year ( got drawn for Colorado Elk ) will my points that I have accumulated go away or stay until I put in again next year? Or do I have to still put in to keep them?

Comment

Originally posted by krausejmk View Post
                Does anyone know if I don’t put in this year ( got drawn for Colorado Elk ) will my points that I have accumulated go away or stay until I put in again next year? Or do I have to still put in?

It’s $3. Go ahead and put in just in case! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post

Yeah but if I get lucky and get drawn I lose my points whether I go on the hunt or not. I have a lot of points stacked up too, lol. It’s not the money I’m worried about it’s getting drawn and losing my points and not being able to go

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post

I think he’s worried if he applies, he’ll get drawn. Possible on conflicting dates. On a side note. I just paid my $143 to the state for myself and hunting party. They’re making a fortune off these hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by txhoghunter73 View Post
                      I think he’s worried if he applies, he’ll get drawn. Possible on conflicting dates. On a side note. I just paid my $143 to the state for myself and hunting party. They’re making a fortune off these hunts.

Not so much conflicting dates but I will be using all of my vacation time and (hall passes, lol )for my elk hunt. I guess I could see if I could just enter one for each category that is just a weekend hunt where I wouldn’t have to take off from work.

Comment

Oh I was confused. Yeah that’s a tough one. If you’ve shot some nice whitetails and never killed a bull elk I’d definitely sacrifice the points for a bull elk.

Comment

Drawing

Originally posted by krausejmk View Post
                          Not so much conflicting dates but I will be using all of my vacation time and (hall passes, lol )for my elk hunt. I guess I could see if I could just enter one for each category that is just a weekend hunt where I wouldn’t have to take off from work.
                          I'm pretty sure you can skip a year and not lose your points but I'd definitely double check. If you don't apply for two years you'll lose them. You could always enter for one hunt in each category with the lowest draw odds so you probably won't get drawn anyway.

Comment

If you do not apply you stay where you are with points. I do this every few years depending on what I have going. You only lose points once you are selected (if you go or not)

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                              What do you mean?
                              With the new system more and more people apply every year but the list of places to apply gets smaller and smaller every year. The drawing odds on a decent hunt are getting rediculous. I wish I still had the books they used to send out when the drawing was paper based and y’all would see what I mean.

Comment

Working...
                              X