The Official Scotch Whiskey Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Official Scotch Whiskey Thread

I just noticed that the old thread about Scotch is gone, but the bourbon thread is still rolling.

Right now I am sticking to a 15 year old Dalwhinnie Distillers Edition, and a 12 year old Dalmore right behind it. Maybe beside it.

Leaving the bourbon for the other thread, what Scotch should everyone try? Throw in your piece here, and keep the reviews coming so others can enjoy too.

Bourbon. Cuz Merica.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
      Bourbon. Cuz Merica.
      Maybe someday I'll learn to enjoy bourbon. It just hasn't happened yet. I like Scotch. And I am not alone.

Comment

I’m right there with you on the Dalmore.

Comment

Balvenie, Glenmorange

Comment

Mcallan 12 1.75 corked as the daily sipper (http://www.totalwine.com/scotch/sing...E&gclsrc=aw.ds)!

But, there's always a bottle of 30 in my desk.
            Last edited by Chad C; 04-04-2018, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
              Mcallan 12 1.75 corked as the daily sipper! But, there's always a bottle of 30 in my desk.
              Tried many, always go back to Macallan. Love the 15 and 17 as fine oak, 12 and 18 for sherry oak. They have a new special edition called Classic Cut that I also like. It's cask strength, so won't be for all.

Note....the 30 year is my favorite, unfortunately can't afford that.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                Mcallan 12 1.75 corked as the daily sipper! But, there's always a bottle of 30 in my desk.
                Where's your desk? Asking for a friend...

Comment

I’m still trying a lot. My dad keeps Mcallan 18 around and that is real good. I’ve always been more of a bourbon guy but I think that started from necessity because it’s cheaper! I’d love to get some suggestions on good bottles that are under $75

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
                    Where's your desk? Asking for a friend...
                    Fort Worth if you're ever passing through and it's time for 3 fingers! There's a humidor with assorted Macanudo's to go with.
                    Last edited by Chad C; 04-04-2018, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Nope nope nope!

Comment

I have a unsophisticated taste and I'm cheap so I stick to JW Black Label.

Comment

I have been drinking Oban lately. I have to stop cuz I'm going broke.......

but it is real good.

Comment

Originally posted by 220swift View Post
                            I have been drinking Oban lately. I have to stop cuz I'm going broke.......

but it is real good.

https://www.wineglobe.com/products/o...SABEgLbCvD_BwE
                            I haven't had their 18. Their 15 was really good.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                              I’m still trying a lot. My dad keeps Mcallan 18 around and that is real good. I’ve always been more of a bourbon guy but I think that started from necessity because it’s cheaper! I’d love to get some suggestions on good bottles that are under $75
                              The Balvenie Doublewood 12, and/or the Macallan Double Cask 12, the Macallan 12, Dalwhinnie 12, Dalmore 12. Those ought to keep you busy!

Comment

Working...
                              X