Private Land leasing for public hunts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Private Land leasing for public hunts?

Hey guys, I'm looking for any people with land, or leads on land, that they might lease to TPWD for the public hunting program. We try and lease as much private land for the APH program all over the state each year and mainly look for dove hunting, but are open to anything from deer, hogs, ducks, rabbits, you name it. Needs to be at least 50 acres in size. Can go as big as you can find as far as acreage is concerned too. This program can also include public access to rivers for fishing/canoe/kayak access as well. We can custom fit a lease to the landowners needs and property so don't hesitate to ask me questions.

Dave

Are you an employee of TPWD, or are you an independent agent acting as their broker/realtor? Regardless, I'd be interested in hearing what you're offering for leases.

Comment

I'll like to hear this............. Wait for it.....

Comment

Originally posted by Lexington View Post
        Are you an employee of TPWD, or are you an independent agent acting as their broker/realtor? Regardless, I'd be interested in hearing what you're offering for leases.
        They aren't offering leases, they're looking for land to add to the APH program that anyone with a permit can hunt

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
          They aren't offering leases, they're looking for land to add to the APH program that anyone with a permit can hunt
          Yeah, that's the way I understood it.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
            It's still a lease though. TPWD leases the land out from the owner in a lot of cases.

Comment

Hope you find some more I was able to shoot 3 does off of private property last year that was leased through tpwd, great program

Comment

What are you guys paying per acre to lease hunting ground

Comment

All depends on acreage, habitat and species offered by the landowner. More species can equal more money. Most go for between $8-12 per acre. Higher depending on whats available. I'm not an employee of TPWD, but an NGO that partners with them to help them lease land for the APH lands

Comment

good to know, thanks for the info...

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
                      All depends on acreage, habitat and species offered by the landowner. More species can equal more money. Most go for between $8-12 per acre. Higher depending on whats available. I'm not an employee of TPWD, but an NGO that partners with them to help them lease land for the APH lands
                      Could you explain to all of us why the tpwd draw hunt program is in such a sad state of affairs, there are way less hunts available than 10 years ago...

Comment

The draw hunts are a whole different deal. Most of those are conducted on WMA's or State Parks so those managers make the call there. As far as overall numbers of hunts, drawn hunts are down some, but APH area numbers are up. I believe there are over 940,000 acres available spread across the state

Comment

where can we find a map of all the private leases for public hunting?

Comment

Originally posted by grahamvan View Post
                            where can we find a map of all the private leases for public hunting?
                            Buy an APH and they'll send you a booklet.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Working...
                              X