Why do we hunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do we hunt?

I think I do it mainly to get that feeling of getting back to my roots so to speak. Spending time in the woods or were ever I can away from civilization. I also only kill what I will eat as I was raised to do so? How about y’all?

Preserve what we've been doing for millions of years, and everything you said.

Comment

I like just being in the quiet and listening to the sounds of the woods...until I see the target approach!! then it turns into a whole nuther ball game!!

Comment

I mostly trophy hunt, i do shoot doe for some excitement.. we don’t eat much deer meat because of freezer space but I’m about to buy a deep freeze and try it more often.. i do always give a deer to a friend at work and a couple to the hunter for the hungry..

Comment

To make memories. Love looking at horns on the wall and being able to remember that specific hunt. Especially all the deer I killed as a kid.

Comment

I enjoy the hunt more than the kill. I've watched way more deer walk by than I've shot. I've put the crosshairs on many animals only to say bang in my head. Sometimes I move around just to see what I can get away with.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

For fun. Making memories with friends and family and beating animals at their own game. The adrenaline rush and peace and quiet when you're by yourself.

I can't say I only shoot things that I plan on eating. I ain't eatin no coyote,skunk,badger,opossum,raccoon or bobcat. That just ain't for me. Too many stores around with food in 'em to mess with that.

Comment

Couldn't tell you why. Just love it. Guess its primal

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

I love to put meat on the table and in the freezer. We eat it up! For the last 3-4 years we’ve been eating 3-4 deer a year.

That being said, I love to be in the woods and clear my mind.

All of that being said, I like to believe the above is the exact same reason my father and his father and his father have been hunting. Not because it’s nostalgic but because it’s what’s in our blood.

Comment

I think I enjoy the hunt more than the kill, like a few people have stated. I have a pretty deep passion for being outdoors. Chasing down white tails is about the most fun idea I can think of, even if I don’t kill anything. Just learning about them and seeing their behaviors fascinates me. I think it’s a primal instinct we have over thousands of years to be somewhat in tune with this stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

for me... I love getting out of the town, being away from it all.... an escape from the mumble jumble and the concrete jungle - I enjoy being somewhere where there's no city lights and where there's peace and quiet. Love the camaraderie of deer camp, the smell of a camp fire, and relaxation. That's why I hunt.

Comment

There is nothing quite like being away from the noise of life, sitting in a tree/blind, and listening to the world slowly wake up around me. It's best on the too few cold mornings that we have, but I enjoy it every time I'm out there. But I prefer cold, drizzling rainy mornings

The meat is an added bonus...nothing better than knowing from hoof to plate just how your meal has been handled and the taste is superb IMO

Comment

Hunting & fishing is what I'm good at! Been going with my dad since I was about 5. I think it makes me better all around in everything I have done in my life!

Comment

Hunting is genetically engrained in me. It feels like it’s what I’m supposed to do. About as natural as getting up to take a whiz.

It’s also challenging and there’s nothing more that I like than being challenged. I don’t care to prove to others, but more so to prove to myself. I don’t hunt the easiest, weekend warrior ways. The challenge and the fruit of my labor is what is fulfilling.

Plus, it eats good and horns are pretty!

Comment

Food, fun, and thrill.

Comment

Working...
                              X