13 YO hunting partner saves the day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13 YO hunting partner saves the day!

So i was going to put out hand corn last night after Chef left. He left later than either of us anticipated. It was good catching up with an new old friend.

So tonight I decide to put it out. I was trying to beat the rain. I call the kid I've been taking hunting ask him if would help. He says yes.

We put out 50# of corn out at 2 spots and 2 bags in the feeder. We drive to my other property to check the camera and hunt. It starts raining while I'm swapping cards. We get back in the truck and decide to hit DQ instead of hunt. He clears the AR. I pull out the drive and as we as at get about .25 mile down the road we see a pig crossing it headed North. I stop the truck, I'm fixing to exit as I'm un holstering my 1911. My plan was to use the headlights to see it. When he says No Shooting from the road.
    I was like D-OH [emoji17]. I grab my flashlight and run to the fence line to shoot it. I have permission to hunt this pasture too. I don't see it.
    I jump back in the truck and thank him for reminding me about the no shooting from the road. Cause i was fixing too.

I actually thanked him a couple of times. Cause I am appreciative of him.

Good huntin buddy. Is he from West Texas?

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
      Good huntin buddy. Is he from West Texas?
      [emoji106] Yes he is

No sir we both from ETX

Comment

Wow are you sure

Comment

Good kid and good on you for stopping and thanking him. That shows humility. A great lesson for him as well

Comment

Good job for not shooting it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
              Wow are you sure
              [emoji848][emoji16]
              No sir
              I'm actually an alien from the bug planet Kledathu. After my space craft crashed I took over this body. I'm here on a reconnaissance mission.
              [emoji1787]

Comment

He was on top of it. Good kid

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X