Poaching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
    Hey, Thank you. I can always use the prayers and you can always use the practice.

Comment

I may be the only one thanking you for this. I have wanted to make Scottish meatballs for years but was unsure how to prepare a poached egg.

Now I know! They will be made this week.

Seriously. Look up Scottish meatballs.. guarentee you will want to make a poached egg.

Comment

I also like Country Style ham with my eggs..

Comment

Gay.

Eggs go with bacon or sausage and white toast or biscuits. That is all.

Egg-zactly.

Comment

Eggs go with bacon or sausage and white toast or biscuits. That is all.
            Originally posted by stevieray54 View Post
            I also like Country Style ham with my eggs..
            This too is acceptable.

Comment

I like em with onions mushrooms

Comment

Scrambled is the only way eggs should be cooked. If they aren't scrambled, they aren't cooked. Runny yellow = NOT cooked. And hard boiled doesn't count, those are just nasty.

Comment

That was Pushbutton2. He said that pencils in an airstream hollow out a pickle sandwich last thursday with Mike and them.
                  LOL

I'm flattered
                  I think [emoji16]
                  Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                  Mother f**ker these made up PB2 quotes are gold!! [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  They are [emoji16]
                  Originally posted by Dushon View Post
                  I read that 3 times. It took me a second to catch up lol

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                  I think it was the funniest thing I’ve ever read on here.

[emoji106]
                  You must be a newbie :-)
                  Or never read a PB2 thread [emoji16]

Comment

I think Curt is trying to outdo Chew on creative threads. Chew has been in the lead, at least in the classifieds.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                      If the dude only knew you were hiding in the bathroom surfing TBH. His ego would be crushed. At the same time you are posting, he is texting his buds telling them how well this is going, lol.

That’s actually fairly accurate!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                        If the dude only knew you were hiding in the bathroom surfing TBH. His ego would be crushed. At the same time you are posting, he is texting his buds telling them how well this is going, lol.
                        Ha! Yet this dude happens to be on TBH as well...and had a GREAT time! Looking forward to the next time we can get together NannySlayer...

Comment

Originally posted by GhostSkull View Post
                          Ha! Yet this dude happens to be on TBH as well...and had a GREAT time! Looking forward to the next time we can get together NannySlayer...

You need a new sticker for your truck.

Comment

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post

You need a new sticker for your truck.

No doubt..

Comment

How to make perfect poached eggs

Make sure your eggs are really fresh. Fresh eggs have a thicker white near the yolk that will better hold a round shape as it cooks. You can tell how fresh an egg is by putting it in a glass of water; if it lies horizontally at the bottom, it is very fresh; if it starts to float or stand on end it is less fresh. If your egg isn’t so fresh, crack it into a small bowl and drain off the runnier white.

Crack your egg into a bowl or onto a saucer, this makes it easier to slide into the pan. If there is any very runny white surrounding the thicker white then tip this away.

Add a drop of vinegar (you can add this to the water in the pan if you prefer).
                              Bring a pan of water filled at least 5cm deep to a simmer. Don't add any salt as this may break up the egg white.

Stir the water to create a gentle whirlpool to help the egg white wrap around the yolk.

Slowly tip the egg into the centre. Make sure the heat is low enough not to throw the egg around – there should only be small bubbles rising.

Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the white is set.

Lift the egg out with a slotted spoon and drain it on kitchen paper. Trim off any straggly bits of white. If you need to cook more than one poached egg, keep it at the right temperature in warm water, but make sure the water isn't hot enough to overcook the egg.
                              I was just about to order up an arse whupping...until I read this post below!!!

FYI....I'd never eat a poached egg. Poached eggs are for the french and other communist sympathizers. I like my eggs fried in bacon grease, over medium or scrambled in butter with salt and pepper. Just wanted to clear up that I was trying to be funny, not trying to overthrow the government.

Comment

Eggcellent thread!

Comment

Working...
                                X