No announcement yet.

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice bphillips. So which one did you like best? I can't tell from your comment haha.

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
      nice bphillips. So which one did you like best? I can't tell from your comment haha.
      pvw15

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
        It’s definitely made for mixing. It’s way to sweet to drink straight. All I taste is cotton candy. I’ve got at least 2 large crown bags full of TX stoppers and now just don’t care for it. Guess my taste in drinks changed.

I like it if I’m going to mix!

The wedding party has something to do with that company not sure what it is but some how they work together was what I gathered so it was on all the tables and also a bottle to take with you . Drank the rest last night , was the day before my birthday and after watching the Cow boys play glad i did ha ha . its not great that is for sure too sweet I agree

Comment

Walked into my local Specs and told the cashier "I know the answer to this, but Blantons?"

He laughed and told me no. However, a lady standing at the front overheard me and said "Actually, yes we do!"

They used to have a waiting priority list at Specs. Maybe they finally got rid of that and started first come first serve? Got the only bottle they had at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
            Yes sir.
            I like doing kind taste! 🥃

Comment

Originally posted by FriscoAg View Post
              Walked into my local Specs and told the cashier "I know the answer to this, but Blantons?"

He laughed and told me no. However, a lady standing at the front overheard me and said "Actually, yes we do!"

They used to have a waiting priority list at Specs. Maybe they finally got rid of that and started first come first serve? Got the only bottle they had at the time.

The SPECS very close to my house has a list but, there was a cute lil' redhead gal who was a store manager that liked to flirt. She always saved me a bottle......Then she moved stores.......now I can't find any hardly. My only other hook up is a mom and pop store, but it's more miss than hit.

Comment

Well there goes my budget!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Picked up a bottle of Colonel Taylor Small Batch.. my God it is good!

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post

I like that Jefferson’s Ocean
                    The reserve is also very good.

Comment

Who here has tried the Isaac Bowman?I certainly like the John Bowman and I’ve liked other port finished whiskeys. Just curious if anyone here has tried it and what they think.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
                        Who here has tried the Isaac Bowman?I certainly like the John Bowman and I’ve liked other port finished whiskeys. Just curious if anyone here has tried it and what they think.

I tried it and it was way too sweet for me and you can definetely taste the port influence.. I am a huge fan of John J Bowman, but the Isaac Bowman Port Finish was just not in my wheelhouse.

Comment

Neighbor and I combined bottles for an Elijah tasting recently. The Elijah 12/small batch is a great bottle for the $$. The barrel proof was my favorite and 18 was better than 23. The 23 was too mellow and lacked in flavor.

Comment

I've never been able to find the Elijah barrel proof, 18 or 23. If anyone has any leads or would like to trade, I have Blantons, Weller 12 or Elmer T Lee to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post

Stellar choices.

Comment

I really enjoyed the Elijah Craig. Last night was Yippee and Fistful of Bourbon.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Snacks; 10-10-2018, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X