X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
    Inventory day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I know you had fun putting that all together.

Comment

Chase is my hero!

Comment

LoL. Thanks, guys. I’ve been lucky enough to find some really good ones. And yes, lot’s of open bottles! I enough them almost daily. Cheers!

Comment

Dude, you are going to have to borrow a liver to put a dent in that!
          Inventory day.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Celebrating the anniversary with my wife tonight and cannot complain a bit🥃🥃[emoji91]

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
              Celebrating the anniversary with my wife tonight and cannot complain a bit🥃🥃[emoji91]
              Nice. The 15 may be my favorite Pappy.

Comment

Nice. The 15 may be my favorite Pappy.
                It’s my favorite bottle I’ve ever opened so far. I still have a GTS and Black Prince but this one is really good and be hard to top

Comment

Errrbody looking for Blanton’s. There are some choices that are better and you can find.

EHT Small Batch (getting harder to find)
                  John J Bowman (getting harder to find)
                  Old Forrester 1920 Prohibition (easy to find)
                  Old Grand Dad 114 (bottom shelf)

Then there is a list of rye’s that are great and easier to find.
                  Big fan of the first 3 you mentioned, but I haven't acquired a taste for OGD 114 yet. Kept trying to see what the fuss was about, but finally gave away my bottle with half a bottle left. For a bottom shelf bourbon in the same price range, I prefer Very Old Barton Bottled in Bond, which is made by the Barton 1792 distillery. Highly recommend if you haven't tried yet.

I do love drinking EHT Small Batch, John J Bowman, and OF 1920. I have one store that I can consistently find the first 2, but it is getting harder to find elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post

Awesome. Happy Anniversary!

Comment

Opened another bottle of Boone County 12. Glad it’s distributed in Texas now.

Comment

I couldn’t get through 3,000 posts but I made it through 200 of them

My .02

I thought “bourbon” could only come from a specific region of Kentucky. I got on a mission to try all the Kentucky bourbons.

My opinion thus far:

Knob Creek small batch 100 proof is the best I could find! But for the cost, Wild turkey 101 is fantastic. Could drink wild turkey American honey everyday.

Four roses and Elijah Craig seemed almost bland but nice clean taste.

Makers, Evan Williams, Weller, Dickel, all interchangeable to my tastebuds.

Comment

Originally posted by noflyzone View Post
                          I couldn’t get through 3,000 posts but I made it through 200 of them

My .02

I thought “bourbon” could only come from a specific region of Kentucky. I got on a mission to try all the Kentucky bourbons.

My opinion thus far:

Knob Creek small batch 100 proof is the best I could find! But for the cost, Wild turkey 101 is fantastic. Could drink wild turkey American honey everyday.

Four roses and Elijah Craig seemed almost bland but nice clean taste.

Makers, Evan Williams, Weller, Dickel, all interchangeable to my tastebuds.

Hmmm

Well from what I understand whiskey 🥃 comes from three ingredients. The USA [emoji631] places a mandate on the % of the ingredients to be labeled as such while Canada [emoji1063] has NOT established a plumb line.

USA [emoji631] terms them this way as I understand it.

All whiskeys here
                          Rye whiskey 🥃 51% rye used
                          Bourbon whiskey 🥃 51% mash used
                          Scotch whiskey 🥃 51% malt used

Kentucky just happens to use mash more but bourbon 🥃 can be made American style anywhere as long as ingredients are 51% mash.

Your rye whiskeys are usually found where rye is plentiful and scotch where malt is plentiful. However, yes the ingredients can be shipped in from far away places but cost would increase accordingly.

This from my understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by chehunt View Post
                            What "should" a bottle of Blanton's cost?
                            I paid $59.99 at Schrick's in Hudson Oaks last fall. I still have some of it, I am not a big drinker. I'll have one from one of my bottles every coupe of weeks. So they last me a long time lol. Of course a friend from PA visited a couple of months ago and put a hurting on it. So I have been casually looking for another just to have in the cabinet. I really think the hype with Blanton's is all in the hunt. It's good, but not good enough for all the craziness that surrounds it in my opinion. Like Pappy, people love it, and I don't think it is any better than many easier to find bottles I have tried. Heck member "pontiac" on here gave me a bottle of Makers 46 when he bought my truck and it's one of my favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by mikerosa View Post
                              Hmmm

Well from what I understand whiskey 🥃 comes from three ingredients. The USA [emoji631] places a mandate on the % of the ingredients to be labeled as such while Canada [emoji1063] has NOT established a plumb line.

USA [emoji631] terms them this way as I understand it.

All whiskeys here
                              Rye whiskey 🥃 51% rye used
                              Bourbon whiskey 🥃 51% mash used
                              Scotch whiskey 🥃 51% malt used

Kentucky just happens to use mash more but bourbon 🥃 can be made American style anywhere as long as ingredients are 51% mash.

Your rye whiskeys are usually found where rye is plentiful and scotch where malt is plentiful. However, yes the ingredients can be shipped in from far away places but cost would increase accordingly.

This from my understanding.

To be qualified as bourbon the following requirements must be met:
                              1. 51% or more corn
                              2. Bottled at no more than 160 proof and pulled at no less than 120 proof
                              3. Aged in new, charred oak barrels

Comment

I started working at a new restaurant here in town with a solid whiskey selection, so I've got to drink some good stuff lately.

Really enjoying this dandy.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X