X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reaper33 View Post
    What was your question sir?
    You're a funny guy you know.
    You insult me and my intelligence while I'm trying to learn about Buddhism.
    I ask you a question you blow me off to this thread.
    You post about Jesus being respectful of others and their request to not talk about stuff.
    You also claim that's NOT they way He'd do it.
    You state you was raised in a Church.

With that being stated.
    What about the Samaritan Women at the well?

In the other thread i pointed out the historical origins of the Bible. Not once did i say nor infer anyone was going to Hell.

There's still many others not following the OP's wish on the other thread.

Why are you not insulting them by name?

Now back to my question i asked on the other in trying to comply with YOUR wish to have a conversstoon about Buddhism

What are the Historical Origins of Buddhism?
    Last edited by Pushbutton2; 09-28-2018, 08:34 AM.

Comment

I missed breakfast this morning

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
        History of Buddhism
        Google IT!!!!!!

im not sitting here saying i know anything about buddhism which is why some of us would have appricitaed it if people like you wouldnt derail what should have been a very educational conversation.

Comment

Can we stay off topic please?

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
            No problem, and for the record I don’t appreciate you calling me an idiot. Have a conversation with me and you’ll quickly realize nothing could be further from the truth.
            The absolute vast majority of Christian responses in that thread were respectful and I did not view as shoving down anyone’s throat. Unless your POV is that since the OP requested otherwose, that all Christian responses were just that.
            I’m sorry for the experience you had as a child. Jesus said, it would be better for one to have a millstone tied around his neck and thrown in the ocean than to cause a little one to stumble. Those in leadership roles within the church who mislead, mistreat, or abuse God’s children are the lowest of the low.
            Christianity’s biggest obstacle are “Christians” themselves. Man has manipulated and twisted Gods word and I’m sorry that has pushed you from the church. There are so many stories out there like that and we believers should be ashamed of that. Religion is man made and a detriment to the followers of Christ. This life is about developing and nurturing a true relationship with Jesus and following him as such.

I get not like being called an idiot but if you dont want to be called that then dont act like one its that simple. As for myself i have enough self awareness to at least realize when im being an idiot and own it. Do you?

Did you disapline your children when they wouldnt follow a basic instructions like "Pick up your room" or "Brush your teeth" or "Dont talk back" Im willing to bet that you did. So if you are going to hold a child to that standard why would you not hold yourself to that same standard??? After all you are the adult but that thead is full of adults that prob displine their kids for doing exactly what they just did. Its rediculous

I would disagree, the majority of the post were done in a way that was very very specifically against the very thing the OP asked to not happen. Just the post being made at all are disrespecful, thats the point. For the record i agreed with a lot of the post and did think there was some good info there but that does not change the fact they were dont so after being asked specifically not to do that.

A good Christian would have said i hope you have a good conversation in your thread but so you know ill be over in this other thread and we are going to hvae a converstation about Jesus and how he died on the cross for our sins if you woudl like to join. Would you not agree?

Instead they pushed their views down on anyone that said something other than what they agreed with. Nots not being a good christian and that 100% is not being respecful.

My experiences in church are no fault of yours but i do appriciate the kind words.

Comment

Here's a couple of verses of the story i was referring to in my previous post.

John 4:7-9 NASBS
              There came a woman of Samaria to draw water. Jesus said to her, "Give Me a drink." [8] For His disciples had gone away into the city to buy food. [9] Therefore the Samaritan woman said to Him, "How is it that You, being a Jew, ask me for a drink since I am a Samaritan woman?" (For Jews have no dealings with Samaritans.)

Comment

I get not like being called an idiot but if you dont want to be called that then dont act like one its that simple. As for myself i have enough self awareness to at least realize when im being an idiot and own it. Do you?

Did you disapline your children when they wouldnt follow a basic instructions like "Pick up your room" or "Brush your teeth" or "Dont talk back" Im willing to bet that you did. So if you are going to hold a child to that standard why would you not hold yourself to that same standard??? After all you are the adult but that thead is full of adults that prob displine their kids for doing exactly what they just did. Its rediculous

I would disagree, the majority of the post were done in a way that was very very specifically against the very thing the OP asked to not happen. Just the post being made at all are disrespecful, thats the point. For the record i agreed with a lot of the post and did think there was some good info there but that does not change the fact they were dont so after being asked specifically not to do that.

A good Christian would have said i hope you have a good conversation in your thread but so you know ill be over in this other thread and we are going to hvae a converstation about Jesus and how he died on the cross for our sins if you woudl like to join. Would you not agree?

Instead they pushed their views down on anyone that said something other than what they agreed with. Nots not being a good christian and that 100% is not being respecful.

My experiences in church are no fault of yours but i do appriciate the kind words.
                By your own admission, how do you know what a “good” Christian would be doing...what does that even mean!??!?

A good Christian...is a person that admittinlgy commits sin and knows they need help...I have never met a good Christian...a lot of sinners saved by grace but never a good one

Comment

Bill Miller's has the best BBQ and Long John Silver's Has the best seafood period! It is not even close and I do not feel dirty when I go in Long John Silvers.

Comment

You continue to insult me with name calling then elude to US being children. Then go on to note that the Christian commenters in that thread were not being respectful. Are you serious?
                    I think we’re done here.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                      You continue to insult me with name calling then elude to US being children. Then go on to note that the Christian commenters in that thread were not being respectful. Are you serious?
                      I think we’re done here.
                      I didnt insult you i asked if you have enough self awarness to unserstand when you are being an idiot. Thats a question not an insult.

Yes, not being able to follow a very very simple instruction is acting like a child. Actually worse bc your an adult and truely know better....

The commenters were not being respectful, thats a FACT no opinion.

Why could you have not starte your own thread? Why could any of the ppl on there not started their own thread? Simple bc they found it more important to push their ways on ppl then actually follow what they were pushing and have respect for your fellow man.

How you miss that point in beyond me. Its the basic of the basic....

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                        By your own admission, how do you know what a “good” Christian would be doing...what does that even mean!??!?

A good Christian...is a person that admittinlgy commits sin and knows they need help...I have never met a good Christian...a lot of sinners saved by grace but never a good one
                        A good Christian would be one that does their best to live as Jesus would. No one on that thread was doing anything that Jesus would have done there, period.

Im sorry you have never met a good christian i have met several and none of them would have jumped in that thread when asked not too.

Comment

Are we still boycotting NFL football?

Comment

A good Christian would be one that does their best to live as Jesus would. No one on that thread was doing anything that Jesus would have done there, period.

Im sorry you have never met a good christian i have met several and none of them would have jumped in that thread when asked not too.
                            Thank you for your condolences...

I am glad I have met many a Biblical Christian.

Best wishes in your journey with all the good’ns

Still loling at “good”Christians. I think those are the ones the Apostle Paul wrote to at the First Baptist Church in Corinth.

Comment

I didnt insult you i asked if you have enough self awarness to unserstand when you are being an idiot. Thats a question not an insult.

Yes, not being able to follow a very very simple instruction is acting like a child. Actually worse bc your an adult and truely know better....

The commenters were not being respectful, thats a FACT no opinion.

Why could you have not starte your own thread? Why could any of the ppl on there not started their own thread? Simple bc they found it more important to push their ways on ppl then actually follow what they were pushing and have respect for your fellow man.

How you miss that point in beyond me. Its the basic of the basic....

Sounds as if there is much that is beyond you. That must be tough.

Originally Posted by Reaper33 View Post
                              I don’t need to relax. Why you ask, bc I know how to respect the wishes of the OP and read. It’s not a novel concept bud.

For the record this wasn’t a good thread. A good thread would have been ppl respecting the OP and following instructions. You could have started your own post to have all the convos that took place here but did you? No. Instead you chose to push you unwanted and I asked for opinion on a topic that was completely unrelated.

So how about you learn to not be an idiot and I’ll learn how to relax!

So how is it you feel like you didn’t insult me? Again, I will point out that you’re calling names and then giving advice on how to act like an adult. Good luck with whatever it is you’re after bud.
                              Last edited by JLivi1224; 09-28-2018, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Anybody hunting this weekend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X