No announcement yet.

Another DNA test results from AncestryDNA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be careful taking those DNA tests... Sometimes you find out things you wished you had never known. I took one and found out my dad is not my biological father, its been a whirlwind of emotions for many. Some things are best left alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
      Hey now. I would never, ever pick on a friend like that.

I just saw this but in full disclosure..... When I was a young man in the Army I wore a size 9.5 boot. Over the years my feet have grown to a size 12.

Unfortunately, another body appendage has shrunk accordingly. Now when I wake up in the morning instead of standing at attention, I see a little turtle head poking out.
      I feel your pain bro! Except I wore a size 9.5 in 4th grade and have grown into a size 15 now. And yep, Mr. Johnson does not know how to count.

Comment

Hey Tim,
        Are you getting updated results from Ancestry. Looks like new technology is tightening the results parameters.

Comment

My DIL and her brother did the DNA thing and found they have a half brother in GA. Their father had a GF in college and apparently was unaware when he broke up with her that she was expecting a child. They have connected several times in the past 12-months.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I did mine about 4 months ago from FTDNA, the Y111 kit. I have a friend who is a genealogist who has me back about 6 generations so far. Very addicting stuff when you get started for sure.

Best part so far has been my gr gr gr gr grandfather was a Texas Ranger and lived in Ft. Milam with his family in 1835, even got his payroll records and several books he was written about in from the Ranger Museum in Waco. His name was Daniel Cullen. If you think you have Ranger lineage contact the museum and for a small fee they will confirm and send you the documentation to prove it up. Also you become eligible for membership in the Former Texas Rangers Association and your relatives grave, if not already noted, will get a Ranger Cross added to it to signify their service.

Next most interesting is that my last name (Bess) came to be when whoever came to the United States (1700’s) either came to be because of an adoption or name change or problem with immigration understanding but it appears my real family name may be Blount.

Not to hijack but this thread and several cases I’m working pushed me to have mine done!

I look forward to seeing the rest of your story Tim.
            Last edited by SwampRanger; 09-25-2018, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Good thread. My Wife found her birth Mother recently. She passed in 2007. However, the Grandmother, two Aunts, and an Uncle are still living. She found out she has a half brother and two half sisters. We actually went to visit the Family a few weeks ago in Mississippi. It was very enlightening to hear the stories of what took place. Glad my Wife took all of the DNA tests. It was good for her to at least find out the rest of the story.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRanger View Post
                I did mine about 4 months ago from FTDNA, the Y111 kit. I have a friend who is a genealogist who has me back about 6 generations so far. Very addicting stuff when you get started for sure.

Best part so far has been my gr gr gr gr grandfather was a Texas Ranger and lived in Ft. Milam with his family in 1835, even got his payroll records and several books he was written about in from the Ranger Museum in Waco. His name was Daniel Cullen. If you think you have Ranger lineage contact the museum and for a small fee they will confirm and send you the documentation to prove it up. Also you become eligible for membership in the Former Texas Rangers Association and your relatives grave, if not already noted, will get a Ranger Cross added to it to signify their service.

Next most interesting is that my last name (Bess) came to be when whoever came to the United States (1700’s) either came to be because of an adoption or name change or problem with immigration understanding but it appears my real family name may be Blount.

Not to hijack but this thread and several cases I’m working pushed me to have mine done!

I look forward to seeing the rest of your story Tim.
                Oh my!!! Just incredible stuff right there!!!!

Comment

I really wanted to know about my paternal great grandfather as we were told he “abandoned” the family in the 30’s and died shortly thereafter. Found plenty of info on him including birth and death records. Found a 2nd cousin who lived not 50 miles away who I’d never heard of because her grandfather and my grandmother were estranged (and it’s a small family so this was a *******) Had never even heard of this uncle before.

If your thinking of doing it, DO!

If your worried about your DNA being in a database....well it will be so....it’s your weirdo serial killer cousin that has to worry not you!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                    Hey Tim,
                    Are you getting updated results from Ancestry. Looks like new technology is tightening the results parameters.

Yes I am. My Thai father has links to Vietnam.

Comment

ive gotten really into researching it as well. My wifes 5th great-gpa was a somewhat famous Ranger (Ezekiel Smith) whos bible is in the Alamo museum and his grave is a Texas Landmark.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                        Good luck to you and your brother...2050z. Thanks for sharing your story and experience.
                        x2

God's speed.

Are their reports really that accurate?

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                          x2

God's speed.

Are their reports really that accurate?

Yes. We found my bio mom and bio dad with the help of genealogist. Which led to finding my real birthday and the fact that I was born in Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                            What if your an anchor baby Tim? And Trump deports you? Better let sleepin dogs lie bro
                            Originally posted by 2050z View Post
                            LOL. I will just work for you in the valley.
                            Bwahahaha! Y'all are nuts!

Comment

Wife's brother did it and her family went back to William Wallace. At lease that's what they told him.

Comment

Originally posted by hellbndr23 View Post
                                If you come up with a template I'll buy it from you. It took me 17 hours to write 10 sentences when I was 98% sure I had found my birth mother.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
                                PM sent

Comment

Working...
                                X