No announcement yet.

Which Rifle should I buy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browning. Quality in everything they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
      Don’t you need a 26” barrel to get the most out of a 6.5? Don’t own one or know anyone that does but IMHO that would take the bergara out unless it comes with full length barrel

My 6.5 has a 22” Barrel and shoots the 140’s about 2650 and the 124’s 2900 with 41.5 and 44.5 grains of H4350 respectively. Not sure how much more a longer barrel would gain you especially in a hunting rifle, maybe an extra 25-50fps. Not worth it for a 600 yard and in hunting rifle.

Comment

Bergara

Comment

Ain't seen or heard of a 5R yet that ain't a flat out shooter.

Comment

Yeah . . . 700 5R no question.

I’ve seen a stock 5R (308) shoot a 3 inch group at 1000 yards. You read that right, 3 inches at 1000.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
              Ain't seen or heard of a 5R yet that ain't a flat out shooter.
              Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
              Yeah . . . 700 5R no question.

I’ve seen a stock 5R (308) shoot a 3 inch group at 1000 yards. You read that right, 3 inches at 1000.

Sierracharlie out…
              Dammit, why did y’all have to say that. Lol
              I hear ya boys. That’s why it’s on my list. Anyone that knows me, knows I’m bout as picky as a 2 year old kid. It takes me forever to pull the trigger in things bc I can’t quit comparing.

Comment

Winchester model 70. Last bolt you’ll ever need

Comment

Another bite for the 5r. This target is shots 3 through 10 of my new creedmoor. The first loads I tried when sighting in at 100.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
                    I just bought a Browning X-Bolt except the Medallion Version in .30-06. It is super accurate with factory Remington and Winchester Ammo. (3/4 MOA) I haven't shot it a lot, but it will definitely become my primary hunting rifle this fall.
                    I have the same gun in the same caliber and it is my favorite deer rifle. Absolute tack driver.

Comment

Originally posted by NDN98 View Post
                      I have the same gun in the same caliber and it is my favorite deer rifle. Absolute tack driver.

Yessir. Good looking rifle too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pack around hunting rifle and a heavy barrel 5r don’t seem to go together.
                        Pack around to me sounds more like a sporter barrel rifle. But if you’re sold on 5r Remington makes an AWR now that sporter size but has a 5r barreling and a grayboe stock

Comment

The Bergara is a sweet gun. I found an old remington action and had a 257 WBY Mag built last year. Shot it out to 350 with no problems. I know it would do good out further but I was limited to 350. I plan on taking it out to 600 in a couple weeks just to play.

I wish I would have gotten on the AP deal earlier this year, I would have got the 6.5

Comment

Xbolt. Have the stalker version in 30-06 and it's an all around great gun. My first two shots out of the gun plugged the same hole. Couldn't believe it with cheap factory ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                              Don’t you need a 26” barrel to get the most out of a 6.5? Don’t own one or know anyone that does but IMHO that would take the bergara out unless it comes with full length barrel
                              No.

I have a Bergara LRP Elite that will shoot .3x @300 and .5/6 @600 in 6.5 with a 24 inch barrel. It does not shot as well as my full customs but for the price I have not seen anything shoot better.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Comment

I just wanted to vote for bergara again

Comment

Working...
                                X