• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoying some Blade and Bow tonight.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
      Finally some days off. Not sure why I’m liking some ice cubes here lately. I used to not like any of it watered down but I’m enjoying a couple whiskeys this way right now.

Love that Willet rye!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Picked up this gem on my work trip to Waco yesterday! The college aged kid working at specs said he heard it was pretty good, but recommended the 1835. I said ok, yeah the 1835 is good, I'll take the Angel Envy Please!

Comment

I had a pour of Four Roses Small Batch Limited Edition Barrel Stength last night. Which I am sure wins the longest **** name. $50. Was not impressed at all. I had it once before and recall enjoying it, but this round was terrible. In your face ethanol burn, no flavors stand out, boring finish.

In general, and I know many will disagree with me, Four Roses is way over rated.

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
            Picked up this gem on my work trip to Waco yesterday! The college aged kid working at specs said he heard it was pretty good, but recommended the 1835. I said ok, yeah the 1835 is good, I'll take the Angel Envy Please!

Run, not walk, away from anybody that recommends 1835!

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
              I had a pour of Four Roses Small Batch Limited Edition Barrel Stength last night. Which I am sure wins the longest **** name. $50. Was not impressed at all. I had it once before and recall enjoying it, but this round was terrible. In your face ethanol burn, no flavors stand out, boring finish.

In general, and I know many will disagree with me, Four Roses is way over rated.
              This is my impression of almost every barrel proof bourbon on the first pour. I come back a month after opening and they all turn a 180 and are full of flavor. Guess they just need to breathe. I almost gave away my Elijah BP after first drink but now it’s great

Comment

Yep

This is my impression of almost every barrel proof bourbon on the first pour. I come back a month after opening and they all turn a 180 and are full of flavor. Guess they just need to breathe. I almost gave away my Elijah BP after first drink but now it’s great
                I'm close to this. Find I like some much more after they breath a bit. I've had varied luck with ice, sometimes it helps and sometimes ruins it for me. Now I start neat, and if'n I don't like it lots I'll add a few drops of water, then ice. Had some EC barrel pick recently that a few drops of water made all the difference. It was too harsh neat, with water it flourished.

Comment

I almost bought the Colonel Taylor posted above but decided to try this. They had a sign on it saying it won some bourbon tasting award 3 years in a row. I don't remember which one. It was pretty cheap and since my Blanton's and Elijah Small Batch are getting low I wanted something in the $30 range to drink up lol.

I was hoping to luck into another Blanton's because this place is the only place I have found it close to home, but they didn't have any.

Last edited by stickbowcoop; 09-21-2018, 02:08 PM.

Comment

It was at a bar. Bottle had been open. It just really disappointed.

I drink barrel proof every week, usually ECBP and occasionally WLW, Angel’s Envy, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
                      I almost bought the Colonel Taylor posted above but decided to try this. They had a sign on it saying it won some bourbon tasting award 3 years in a row. I don't remember which one. It was pretty cheap and since my Blanton's and Elijah Small Batch are getting low I wanted something in the $30 range to drink up lol.

I was hoping to luck into another Blanton's because this place is the only place I have found it close to home, but they didn't have any.

Another one that gets great reviews, but I don’t love it. EHT is way better, IMO.

Comment

Another one that gets great reviews, but I don’t love it. EHT is way better, IMO.
                        I'll post back later, I plan to have one after dinner. If I don't like it, I will give it to my wife & she can mix it with coke or ginger ale lol.

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
                          I'll post back later, I plan to have one after dinner. If I don't like it, I will give it to my wife & she can mix it with coke or ginger ale lol.
                          LOL. You’ll probably like it. It’s not bad. Just doesn’t live up the hype.

Comment

Oh man all Blantons should be bottled at this proof!! They nailed it with the name Gold

The gold is amazing.

Comment

It has been my experience that the Four Roses limited edition Small Batch and the limited edition Single Barrel varies in quality form year to year. With the limited edition small batch, it is usually a combination of their 10 different recipes they use. I tend to favor their low rye recipes like OESF, OESO, and OESV.

Comment

Game day!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X