Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Lol well I had actually put in for 19 hunts total just had 10 drawing today. But I’m done for this year. I usually only apply for around 5-6.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
      1st year hitting the hunting scene hard here.
      Hunted SHNF last year, that drive from Austin sucks.

My son, 10yr, and I both drew:
      Granger
      SHNF Antlerless tags

My son drew:
      Abilene SP
      Chap
      I got drawn for archer. At Abilene SP
      In 2012 or 2013. It was a blast. Deer everywhere. Took 2 deer which was allowed but could have easily gotten 2 more. Was there with a few other TBH folks and we had a 3 day live hunt going on here.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetinlow660 View Post
        My daughter drew lower Rio Grande Valley. Any advice?
        Bring bikes if you can. Get back in there at least a couple miles if doable. Theres a road that runs around the perimeter and a couple that go into the middle. Big salt lake in the middle of the property. Treat yalls clothes for ticks and thermacell for mosquitoes. Snake boots aren't a bad idea. Didnt see any as it was cold when we were there but protected us from cactus that's hard to see under the grass. Pretty dense area.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BradBryant1000 View Post
          My son drew the Yoakum Dunes mule deer hunt!!!!! It's supposed to be guided. One mule deer buck (managment) and one mule deer doe.

There was only one permit for the youth category for Yoakum dunes so I put him and my daughter in separately. He drew so I'm sure my daughter (his sister) will be happy for him but disappointed also.

Anyone know much about Yoakum Dunes and what we should expect? Good or bad about the hunt any advice is appreciated.
          You can look at some of my previous threads. In fairness, when I did it, I was the first one out there after it became a WMA. I think they were still working out the kinks. I didn't take a buck but I was holding out for a big one. I was given the opportunity at some management bucks.

I'm glad they have a youth hunt out there now. That will be a great hunt for a kid. He should see a LOT of deer. I wish they did antelope hunts out there since they have a pretty good population.

The fellow after me didn't shoot one either but it looks like whoever did it last year did take one. I'm not sure if Brandon is still the biologist/guide out there but he is a great guy.

It is a great hunt, and congratulations to your son for drawing it. He should have fun. Just tell him to watch out for wasps in the bunkhouse and rattlebugs on the porch of the bunkhouse.
          Last edited by grizzman; 09-17-2018, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
            Nope, It was only 4 archery hunts and it was an epic season. Don't yall agree!?

135 5/8" 4.5yr old
            400lbs
            140" 5.5yr old
            156" 5.5yr oold

I'm sorry it was 4hunts and 800days scouting last year.
            You were the dude that said no deer were taken at Nannie Stringfellow last year?
            Last edited by ABWGTX; 09-17-2018, 03:54 PM.

Comment

My buddies and I are pending 2nd draw on 5 hunts and my daughter is pending 2nd draw on 4 hunts also!!!!
              Last edited by porkrind; 09-17-2018, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Correct.
                Originally posted by ABWGTX View Post
                I'm sorry it was 4hunts and 800days scouting last year.
                You were the dude that said no deer were taken at Nannie Stringfellow last year?

Comment

I drew Aransas 2nd rifle hunt. Anyone have some advice for me? Never been out there. Glad to have the chance to hunt, but I wish I had drawn some archery hunts.

Comment

Nada for me today. Still got a couple to go in October, but got lanwr ad and government canyon ad earlier.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

Struck out on all mine, 7 years in a row now.

Comment

Just giving you a hard time. Been waiting for a reason to use that one. I only applied for one in each category for those drawn today because my available days this year are limited.

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                        Lol well I had actually put in for 19 hunts total just had 10 drawing today. But I’m done for this year. I usually only apply for around 5-6.

Comment

I drew GDE on the Kerr! It only took 10 years, but I would have waited more. Guess it will take another 10 years to get drawn again. Also drew archery hunt, but that only took 8!

Comment

135 5/8" 4.5yr old
                            400lbs
                            140" 5.5yr old
                            156" 5.5yr oold

That is impressive.

Comment

More loyalty points for me in GDE and GDM

Comment

135 5/8" 4.5yr old
                                400lbs
                                140" 5.5yr old
                                156" 5.5yr oold

Not sure how I missed that last season but that's incredible. Congrats on an amazing season

I drew Laguna Atascosa for the 1/4-1/6 rifle hunt. Never been there but I'm excited for the challenge.

Comment

Working...
                                X