• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cody Kenney At Gulf Coast Toyota in Angleton, I'll PM you his #

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
      Cash is king
      I used to think so, but that's not the case. Cash is not king. When looking to get Lovie something new, we opted for another Toyota, her 5th or 6th now.
      Used Cars.com, found several eligible options all within $1000 of what I walked into a dealership with thinking this time would be nice, easy, fast, ect....

Went on some test drives, told the sales man the car is sold after discussing with Lovie that she liked it or not, pulled out a handful of cash and you'd think I had leprosy.

Every single salesman said let me go talk with my sales manager.
      After the second time he said let me go talk, I said, no...let's go together. I'm a serious buyer. He either wants to deposit the cash I brought with me in the bank or he doesn't, who wants to get paid, because right now, you are wasting my time, of which is valuable to me going back and forth.

Sales manager at Atkinson in Desoto completely discarded me. We had purchases our two previous 4Runners from them!
      Went to Grapevine and went through the same thing, but this sales guy, I can't remember his name, said deal...I'll make that happen. The only irritating experience that we had was sitting in the finance office. I asked the finance guy, why I was in his office and he said to go over your contract and facilitate your financing. I as politely as possible explained that there will be no financing. Pulled a large roll of rubber banded cash and asked if that would due....because I wanted to wrap this up, sign the necessary docs for the title and go home.
      Still no, we spent a couple hours in there and finally left.

I'd rather visit the dentist or buy real estate than cars. I think there is a fundamental break down on the lack of respect for other people time, to some (at least to me it is) it is more valuable than money.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasWicked1 View Post
        I used to think so, but that's not the case. Cash is not king. When looking to get Lovie something new, we opted for another Toyota, her 5th or 6th now.

Used Cars.com, found several eligible options all within $1000 of what I walked into a dealership with thinking this time would be nice, easy, fast, ect....

Went on some test drives, told the sales man the car is sold after discussing with Lovie that she liked it or not, pulled out a handful of cash and you'd think I had leprosy.

After the second time he said let me go talk, I said, no...let's go together. I'm a serious buyer. He either wants to deposit the cash I brought with me in the bank or he doesn't, who wants to get paid, because right now, you are wasting my time, of which is valuable to me going back and forth.

Sales manager at Atkinson in Desoto completely discarded me. We had purchases our two previous 4Runners from them!

Went to Grapevine and went through the same thing, but this sales guy, I can't remember his name, said deal...I'll make that happen. The only irritating experience that we had was sitting in the finance office. I asked the finance guy, why I was in his office and he said to go over your contract and facilitate your financing. I as politely as possible explained that there will be no financing. Pulled a large roll of rubber banded cash and asked if that would due....because I wanted to wrap this up, sign the necessary docs for the title and go home.

I'd rather visit the dentist or buy real estate than cars. I think there is a fundamental break down on the lack of respect for other people time, to some (at least to me it is) it is more valuable than money.

Cash is still king. You just have to play their stupid games. They make money in the finance office. You can typically milk them for any/all rebates and incentives to use their financing. The before signing and after reading the fine print go home and write a check to pay off the loan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          Cash is still king. You just have to play their stupid games. They make money in the finance office. You can typically milk them for any/all rebates and incentives to use their financing. The before signing and after reading the fine print go home and write a check to pay off the loan.

That’s what we did with my wife’s Tahoe. I talked to several dealerships about cash, and they all looked at me like I had two heads. We put down $35k and had it paid off before the first oil change, planning on doing the same with the Tacoma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

This ^^^^^

Just like 0% financing for 60 months through Toyota is total BS. Oh, you'll get 0%, but they'll make it up on the back end, either through the price of the vehicle or they'll give you less for the trade in. The banks and dealerships are there to make money, how could they do that by offering 0%? They can't, so they get you in another area.

That said, I got a fair deal at Toyota of Fort Worth for my Tundra but long story short, I wound up buying at Vandegriff in Arlington. I will NEVER buy another vehicle from them again. Ever.

Comment

You need to find another dealer or deal with the GM directly. I buy my yotas from the GM as he is a friend of ours, I can promise you he will not turn down cash.

Originally posted by TexasWicked1 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                Your best bet IMO is to find the exact truck you want (tires, 4x4 or not, sticker package, and everything). Then hope you can drive out for a tad less than sticker price after it's all said and done/

Let me know how you do. I'd guess you get maybe 6-8% off sticker.

Looks like I’m getting a little over 10% off, and I’m gonna work on them with an extended warranty. May get it today

Comment

Email Brian Hyman

He is a finance manager with Pedersen Toyota 970-223-3100
                  He can sell you a toyota extended warranty real cheap.

bhyman@pedersentoyota.com

He is highly recommended on a tundra forum.

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
                    Looks like I’m getting a little over 10% off, and I’m gonna work on them with an extended warranty. May get it today

If you don't mind sharing what was MSRP and what exactly are you buying?

I'm just curious if they raised MSRP some over the last 1-2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                      If you don't mind sharing what was MSRP and what exactly are you buying?

I'm just curious if they raised MSRP some over the last 1-2 years.

Lemme work this deal First, then I’ll post numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                        Atkinson toyota in Bryan, good people and I actually enjoyed buying a truck for first time ever.

I got 16% off sticker price on my tacoma.
                        It’s been a long time but had a great experience too.
                        No BS.

Price on internet. Called and same price. Drove a ways there and and no BS.

Comment

Just bought a 2018 Crewmax last week and they came off 9K on my truck at Tejas in Humble. Was very happy with the truck and the sales guys.

Comment

I would NEVER buy from Gulf Coast Toyota! Myself and too many others I know have been screwed by them.

Comment

I ended up paying $5,000 off sticker on a brand new 2019 crewmax at Joe Meyers in Houston. From what I hear that’s a good deal on a brand new Toyota truck.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                                I ended up paying $5,000 off sticker on a brand new 2019 crewmax at Joe Meyers in Houston. From what I hear that’s a good deal on a brand new Toyota truck.

This was AFTER tax title and license. So it’s was actually more than $5,000

Comment

Working...
                                X