No announcement yet.

What’s the best shot you have ever made on a live animal? Bow or Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing to special with a bow, but with my grand dads open sight 3030 shot a javelina running across road at about 75 yards after my buddy missed the whole group with his scoped .243 (buddy not really the best shot haha) or a 350 yd. shot after running up and down fingers of paloduro canyon chasing a group of auodad, shot a ewe with 7mm while resting the rifle on my brother in laws shoulder. Longest shot i have ever made on an animal to date

Comment

Shot an 8- point at 285 yards on a pipeline with my 7MM Mag.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

I shot a flying dove at 82 yards with my Red Label 20ga, everyone in the field let out a collective "no way..."....one is a member here.

Shot a gobbler at 462yds with my .264.

I don't guess I've ever shot at a deer that far away.

Comment

3 total.

95 yard heart shot on a P&Y antelope in NM. Ranged him and had an 80 yard pin.

81 yard shot on a Merriam turkey in NM, Hit him right above the beard, dropped him in his tracks. Ranged him and had an 80 yard pin.

Last and the luckiest. 80 yard running Hail Mary shot on Big Red, a big Corsican ram on the Baker Ranch. Ran 20 more yards and dropped.

Comment

double lunged my elk this year at 41yds.... first time to ever be close to a bull elk with a bow in my hand. Sooooooo very grateful to bring that rascal home in the truck

Comment

shot a doves head off with a 410!

Comment

best ever was standing in a boat called an ear shot on a nutria at about 70 yards,, took my ruger target barrel 22 pistol fired the shot one handed since I was holding a flashlight in the other,, I figured I would just tell my cousin and bil he sank,, I knew I would be able to hit real close,,, I put it through the ear hole and blew the other side off,,, after calling the shot!

shot a couple of jack rabbits with the after burners on with a colt light weight officers model in 40 cal at about 50 yards 3 in a row with no misses...

shot a doe through the eye with my obsession at about 35 yards,,, arrow flew as straight as any I have ever seen,,, she facing me coming down hill,,, I aimed at her chest she ducked her head and took it right through the eye,,, arrow went right were I aimed but she wanted a closer look I guess!

Comment

The one I remember the most is 5 quail on one covey rise.

Funest and luckiest is dove hunting with a 30+mph north wind and dove heading south. That was a fun day.

Several deer/pigs/coyotes between 500-600 yards

Crow at 450 setting on ATV... Me and my FIL were setting in the front yard after the morning hunt and crow landed out in a harvested bean field. I asked my FIL if he could see it and said I'm going to shoot it. He laughed and said no way, I pulled the trigger, crow fell over...I just looked at him with a big grin told him crow was for lunch.

Comment

Cow elk at 800yds with 6.5x284 last year.
                    Funniest one was sitting dove with bow at 64yds.
                    Prairie dog 60+yds with bow

Comment

got a sow on a dead run at 80+yards with 17hmr..and about 15 seconds to get rifle out of the truck and pull the trigger...was a good day..with impressed witnesses...lol

Comment

Originally posted by randal View Post
                        Well I guess I'll be "that guy" a lot of the shots sound and have been stated like luck.. if it's a "luck" shot I can't think of a reason why someone should risk wounding an animal, even a hog.. not ethical imo. Best shot should be something you have practiced for and made happen with confidence.. go ahead and tell me how dumb I am and to losses up but that's just my opinion..
                        Not dumb on your remarks and that is your opinion on some shots being ethical or not, but the first 2 on my list were practiced and I knew I could make the shot, the last like I said luck period, BUT I would like to know if every shot you have taken was ethical? Maybe in your opinion, but maybe not in others. Everyone's ethics are different just like their opinions.

Comment

I need to look up the statue of limitations before I can post mine

Comment

Shot a jack rabbit on the hoof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m torn, 200 yard free hand running shot on a hog. Rolled him

55 yard trotting hog heart shot with bow

Or a 4 bird teal limit with one shot, one of them being my first banded bird ever and it was also the first shot of opening day on my birthday! That was a good day

Comment

Hear shot a Javelina at 62 yards with my bow a few years ago. Luck was on my side that day for sure! I stalked him down a side road while my BILs sat in the truck watching from a couple hundred yards away. The couldn't see me, they just saw the lighted knock like a tracer rope in the boiler room. The javi never knew what happened and he just ran into the middle of the road and fell over dead. Pretty awesome experiences.

Comment

Working...
                                X