Lane splitting on motorcycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
    I do the same with cars, if they get in front of me they knock me back in the line. Then I have to tailgate them and eventually prove my manhood by making a good traffic move and getting back in front them which is almost a certainty. But motorcycles, they don't knock you back and they don't cause your wait to be any longer by zipping through out of the way. So you have to ask yourself, why does it upset you? I'll answer that for you, and everyone else for the "wait your turn" crowd. You are upset because they can do something you can't, and rather than be happy for them and say "hey buddy it's great one of us doesn't have to be stuck here in traffic" you get upset. It's not fair! He's doing something I can't! Even when it doesn't set you back in the slightest, same wait for you. So yeah, you're basically a Bernie Sanders supporter and don't even realize it, or maybe you do. Jealousy causes all sorts of dumb behavior, this is no different.
    No I don't think that's it, we could all buy bikes and do the same thing. We have more respect then that and are willing to take our turn. And yes I used to ride a bike, the people these days think that because there on a bike they don't have to obey the same laws. I see it almost everyday, guys on bikes taking off from a light and pulling wheelies, or stand on there seat. Even going down the hiway at 60-70 mph and they feel they need to ride a wheelie. It's more like they need to show off, or need the attention. It's stupid it really is. I rode to save gas, and it's easier to find parking. Didn't have any thing to prove to any body, and still came close to seriously wreaking a few times, doing this stupid s%^ on them, it's only a matter of time, and of course when it happens it's because the people in cars are not watching out for us on bikes. I believe most the time the guys on some of these bikes deserve to wreck, far more often then they do. Don't know we're you pulled the jealously thing from, I don't think any body has a jeliously issue of a guy on a bike. Be safe, drive smart.

Comment

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
      This.......and I ride. Going to the front of the line ain't cooling that bike down any more than waiting your turn.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
      Air cooled motors are only cooled while moving. And yes, buying air cooled is a choice people make when they buy a Harley-Davidson. Just saying.

BTW I used the Texas traffic code to fight a ticket in Pearland for “lane splitting” at 5mph at a stop light. It actually says that lane splitting is neither legal nor illegal. The police usually charge you with “ failure to maintain a single lane”. As of today, California is the only state to legalize lane splitting. As nutty as California is, they were the first to legalize “right on red” too.
      Last edited by Wampuscat; 08-28-2018, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Saw this happen again today and man it was a close call. Reminded me of this old thread.

Comment

Just makes me want to open my door to spit or something.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
            Just makes me want to open my door to spit or something.
            It's not right to intentionally hurt someone simply because they pass you in traffic.

Comment

Illegal as it should be.

Pinching the lane prevents some of the non-sense.

They should have learned to wait in line in Kindergarten, but I guess they missed that day at school. Wait like everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                It's not right to intentionally hurt someone simply because they pass you in traffic.
                That's why I have never done it.

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
                  Illegal as it should be.

Pinching the lane prevents some of the non-sense.

They should have learned to wait in line in Kindergarten, but I guess they missed that day at school. Wait like everyone else.
                  So you block the fast lane doing the speed limit so people can't pass too then? Same thing.

Comment

So... you skirt to the front of traffic at a red light.. Why?
                    ...so my bike doesn't overheat.

Sounds like something you read on a Bazooka Joe comic.

Comment

Seen a lot of dead guys on bikes in 20 with the FD. I’d say it’s safe to say most of them did it to themselves.
                      One in particular, 20 y/o cruising past traffic at a red light and didn’t see the car turning into the sonic.......DB dead

Comment

Originally posted by sweetinlow660 View Post
                        I agree, but you do realize its just as illegal to open your door to spit as it is to split lanes right?
                        Only if it is reasonably unsafe and/or interfering with other traffic. Opening the door slightly to spit, pour out a bottle of water, etc... at a red light/stopped in traffic is not necessarily illegal. Only if it was not reasonably safe to do so at the time. Definitely leaves it up to judgement. Not sure how it would play out if you were doing that, and a motorcycle was illegally speeding through splitting lanes and hit your door.

Texas Transportation Code ยง 545.418. Opening Vehicle Doors
                        A person may not:

(1) open the door of a motor vehicle on the side available to moving traffic, unless the door may be opened in reasonable safety without interfering with the movement of other traffic;  or

(2) leave a door on the side of a vehicle next to moving traffic open for longer than is necessary to load or unload a passenger.

Comment

Working...
                        X