Barndo Question for construction guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barndo Question for construction guys

I am looking at building/ having built a barndo. My plan is doing it in stages over several years so I can pay for it up front.

year 1, dirt work, any plumbing for slab, and pour slab.
    year2, shell erection
    year 3 and 4, build of inside.

My main concern is if its ok to pour and wait a year to get cover on it. I plan on staining concrete for flooring.

Thanks for any insight or advice.

I dont see personally why waiting a year would be a problem. Gives it plenty of time to settle. Think of a concrete drive way....... Sits in the weather its whole life. Keep an eye out for puddling water and just push it off the slab, other than that, i think your fine

Comment

Originally posted by forced-2-work View Post
      I dont see personally why waiting a year would be a problem. Gives it plenty of time to settle. Think of a concrete drive way....... Sits in the weather its whole life. Keep an eye out for puddling water and just push it off the slab, other than that, i think your fine

That's my line of thinking also, but I am not a construction guy. So ... Main question is will the elements affect the staining process a year later.

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
        That's my line of thinking also, but I am not a construction guy. So ... Main question is will the elements affect the staining process a year later.
        I would pressure wash and clean the hell out of it before adding the shell. That way when staining time comes, the concrete is ready to go.

Comment

That was my original plan for a place down on the coast, but things kinda happened different thanks to Harvey and I did the slab and shell at once.

As to your concern, the guys I talked to said it shouldn't matter for the staining as they'll have to clean it real good first anyway. Might make a difference if your parking on it, or have something natural leaching into it.

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
          I am looking at building/ having built a barndo. My plan is doing it in stages over several years so I can pay for it up front.

year 1, dirt work, any plumbing for slab, and pour slab.
          year2, shell erection
          year 3 and 4, build of inside.

My main concern is if its ok to pour and wait a year to get cover on it. I plan on staining concrete for flooring.

Thanks for any insight or advice.

Comment

Working...
          X