No announcement yet.

Cooling down swimming pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol. It’ll work!! Make the pvc point straight up so the water makes a pretty little fountain.

Comment

There are solar pool covers available.

Blocks of ice would be a losing battle.

For $$$$ you can invest in a pool chiller or a 2 way heat pump.

please excuse brevity and dictation errors

Comment

I had the same problem last year after our pool was finished. I bought some spray nozzles off amazon that screw into your pool jets. I run them during the heat of the day and they spray far enough and fine enough to cause an evaporative effect that is 3 degrees different at the end of the stream from the beginning. Amazing how evaporative cooling works.

I run them at night too and the air temp naturally lowers the water temp. If I don't run it during the day the water temp will be up to 90-91. If I run them during the day the temp will be 88 and that's a big difference in how it feels.

There are several PVC spray nozzles on amazon that will screw into your jets.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

You you have a cleaner for pool, get another fitting to connect to it w pvc pipe coming out the water. Put a cap on it and drill some holes so water stays in pool run all night.

Comment

make these (1/2" pvc and cap/drill holes) and put them where the recirc pump Fittings) flow into the pool. Run it at night.

Comment

Ours is is 90 and feels good compared to 110.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip-TX View Post
                make these (1/2" pvc and cap/drill holes) and put them where the recirc pump Fittings) flow into the pool. Run it at night.

I think that’s essentially what they doing at the city pool on Williams Drive in Gtown. Only they’ve got some sprayer mounted on a tripod to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                  Get a submersible pump, run it through a Yeti cooler, and voila! You just joined the polar bear club.

Comment

Titos from the freezer in a big tumbler of ice with fresh squeezed orange juice. Best way I know this time of year.

Comment

I found a setup like the pictures above that fits into the returns today at our local pool store. They were $25 and comes with the fittings and adjustable flow diverter. One is a spray bar and the other is a spray flower head, both the same price. I really got it for a sprayer for the dog to nip at, lol.

You are fighting the darker color pool finish, it's a pretty big difference from a white or salt and pepper finish. The upside to darker is you get more swim time each year, get in earlier in March and go until October. It can be tough in the summer though.

Regarding ice, I have a 600# bin on my ice machine and I will empty it sometimes to clean the bin, dumping the whole bin into the hot tub. It makes a difference for about 20 minutes, lol.
                      Last edited by Mike; 07-20-2018, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Portocool 3000 Blowing on it all day !!

Comment

I run my pool all night and off during day. Much better for us.

Comment

My pool is white plaster and yesterday it was 95 degrees!!

Comment

Got a buddy that frrezes a gallon? Of water in a bucket each day. And then puts it in his skimmer to circulate.. not sure much will help this time of year.

Comment

Glacier Pool Coolers llc is the affordable answer and solution for hot swimming pools. Our pool chillers work excellent in humid climates operating with low costs and high efficiency, while heat pumps are costly to operate and struggle in summer months

Comment

Working...
                                X