Night vision AR-15 rifle scope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night vision AR-15 rifle scope

Ok I did the search thing and nothing newer that 6 years old so....
    I am looking at night vision rifle scopes and possibly an external illuminator as well if still needed.
    This will be on my AR-15 for hogs and varmint at night.
    What do you like and what are some good semi affordable brands worth looking at? Where to buy?
    Things to look for and things to avoid?
    I got to look through a couple of the Sightmark 6.5x50 this weekend and it looked ok but was still kind of iffy at a long way off. The guys did say to be sure and get an external illuminator if I ended up with one like theirs.
    Thanks in advance for any input!
    Donnie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how did u search lots of recent threds

Comment

All depends on what you want/like and how much money you want to spend.

I use the Photon IR night vision that cost around $550. Works great out to 60-80 yards in pitch black with no extra IR added. Can see 700+ yards out with a 3/4 moon or better.

Comment

Calling Outdoor Legacy...

Comment

Originally posted by Buckrider View Post
          Ok I did the search thing and nothing newer that 6 years old so....
          I am looking at night vision rifle scopes and possibly an external illuminator as well if still needed.
          This will be on my AR-15 for hogs and varmint at night.
          What do you like and what are some good semi affordable brands worth looking at? Where to buy?
          Things to look for and things to avoid?
          I got to look through a couple of the Sightmark 6.5x50 this weekend and it looked ok but was still kind of iffy at a long way off. The guys did say to be sure and get an external illuminator if I ended up with one like theirs.
          Thanks in advance for any input!
          Donnie

Lol ur search iz broke. Call Jason at 877-350-1818.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
            This ^

I have 2 Pulsars and love em!

Comment

I have one in the classifieds - see the obo comment. It worked great for me - just want to move to thermal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I heard my name?lol

I'll be glad to offer my 2 cents, I'm the TBH NV & thermal sponsor and this is my full time job. I'll gladly give you all the free advice you need with no pressure to buy anything but this conversation will be had much easier over the phone because there is a lot to get into.

There are 57 pages of NV goodness in this current thread but it starts in 2014 and it if you read it all it will probably be 2020 when you finish. http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=453835

You mentioned the Sightmark Photon 6.5x and that was probably the now discontinued XT model that has been replaced with the RT model. If you did in fact look at the RT model and weren't happy then you don't have a lot of other options since the ATN X-Sights are the only other digital NV optics (to speak of) under $1,000. The new Photon RT 6x50S will see out to about 250 yards right out of the box and so far my customers have been extremely satisfied and opting not to spend their money on external IR's because it's takes a really big one to put out more IR light than the included Photon RT IR.

Here are a couple of my review videos from the new Photon RT's.

Give me a call and I'll be glad to answer your questions and point you in the right direction. (877)350-1818

- Jason

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BogBslYtF3k&t"]Sightmark Photon RT Digital Night Vision Riflescope Full Review - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sud7_u8esS4"]Sightmark Photon RT First Hog Kill - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
                  how did u search lots of recent threds

Typed in night vision and every variation I could think of in the around the campfire section. Very little showed up and it was old...

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post

Not the first time I and many others have had little luck using search... I tried anyways

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                      I heard my name?lol

I'll be glad to offer my 2 cents, I'm the TBH NV & thermal sponsor and this is my full time job. I'll gladly give you all the free advice you need with no pressure to buy anything but this conversation will be had much easier over the phone because there is a lot to get into.

There are 57 pages of NV goodness in this current thread but it starts in 2014 and it if you read it all it will probably be 2020 when you finish. http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=453835

You mentioned the Sightmark Photon 6.5x and that was probably the now discontinued XT model that has been replaced with the RT model. If you did in fact look at the RT model and weren't happy then you don't have a lot of other options since the ATN X-Sights are the only other digital NV optics (to speak of) under $1,000. The new Photon RT 6x50S will see out to about 250 yards right out of the box and so far my customers have been extremely satisfied and opting not to spend their money on external IR's because it's takes a really big one to put out more IR light than the included Photon RT IR.

Here are a couple of my review videos from the new Photon RT's.

Give me a call and I'll be glad to answer your questions and point you in the right direction. (877)350-1818

- Jason

Sightmark Photon RT Digital Night Vision Riflescope Full Review - YouTube

Sightmark Photon RT First Hog Kill - YouTube

Actually I did manage to stumble across some of your threads as they were older ones lol.
                      I watched a bunch of your videos there and now have a good understanding of how the Sightmark scopes work noteably the RT series and based on your reviews and recommendations I am leaning towards the RT 4.5-9x42s and probably the scope rings/mounts although not sure if I need the long or short versions of them? Probably would get the permanent mounts as opposed to QD. I enjoyed your long review because it had closed caption and I can’t hear the videos. Unless I get interested in something else I’ll most likely be getting the Sightmark RT from you soon!
                      Thanks for all the information!
                      Donnie

Comment

Actually I did manage to stumble across some of your threads as they were older ones lol.
                        I watched a bunch of your videos there and now have a good understanding of how the Sightmark scopes work noteably the RT series and based on your reviews and recommendations I am leaning towards the RT 4.5-9x42s and probably the scope rings/mounts although not sure if I need the long or short versions of them? Probably would get the permanent mounts as opposed to QD. I enjoyed your long review because it had closed caption and I can’t hear the videos. Unless I get interested in something else I’ll most likely be getting the Sightmark RT from you soon!
                        Thanks for all the information!
                        Donnie

And yes I’m sure they were the older XT models

Comment

Go thermal. IR Hunter Mark III 60.

The Feeder is at 200 yards and the tree line behind it is 500 +.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                          Last edited by Tbar; 07-09-2018, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post
                            Go thermal. IR Hunter Mark III 60.

The Feeder is at 200 yards and the tree line behind it is 500 +.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0DH8goYvMU

Oh man that is sooooo sweeeet! Please tell me that is only $600!

Comment

Oh man that is sooooo sweeeet! Please tell me that is only $600!

Just Googled it.... uh.... NO...
                              Not at this time but thanks. Sure is nice though! [emoji106]

Comment

Working...
                              X