goodbye specs liquor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
    I'm so jealous of the people in the bigger cities with Spec, Total Wine, etc. I have a choice between Linda's and Hill's Drive Thru lol
    They need a good liquor selection to put up with living in the city.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
      Gotta love that Trader Joe's $3 wine too!
      Heck yes! We bought 26 bottles of wine for our wedding for less than $90, which everyone loved, and was able to return the leftover bottles, as we have no more room for more wine.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
        WOW! My go to Whiskey is 33% cheaper. Just sucks no store close.

Crown is also very cheap
        There everyday price is unbeatable but when they run sales it is crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
          I won't shop at specs because of their stupid commercials. Absolutely ridiculous concept. Whoever came up with that ad campaign should be sent to live with Hillary Clinton
          I'm not as particular as you, besides I haven't even seen the commercial ....but tomarra, Spec's has a 6-pack of 1.75 liter Lone Star Vodka with my name on it.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
            There everyday price is unbeatable but when they run sales it is crazy.
            I was told they sell Tito's cheaper than Specs pays the distributor for it. I haven't bothered to fact check that though.

Comment

From their websites:

Specs - Tito’s Vodka - $26.81
              W&M - Tito’s Vodka - $26.99

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                Gotta love that Trader Joe's $3 wine too!
                You mean three buck chuck?

Comment

Total wine came into San Antonio in 2015-16. Almost immediately one of our local liquor conglomerates sued total wine saying there was a law saying liquor stores in Texas had to be owned by Texans. Total wine is still here. So, don't know what became of the lawsuit, just thought I would give my 2 cents.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Both are like shopping at Walmart, funny how most claim to support mom and pop stores
                    Last edited by trash2; 03-22-2017, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trash2 View Post
                      Both are like shopping at Walmart, funny how most claim to support mom and pop stores
                      Mom and pops are great but don't have the selection. I go to total wine for craft beer.

Comment

Originally posted by quackerback View Post
                        Mom and pops are great but don't have the selection. I go to total wine for craft beer.
                        Understandable

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                          I'm so jealous of the people in the bigger cities with Spec, Total Wine, etc. I have a choice between Linda's and Hill's Drive Thru lol

Ahh man cant tell you how many times we made beer runs to hills when I was in Nac, (assuming you mean the one at he Angelina river) but then My girlfriend got a job with the bud distributor off the loop and always had free beer!
                          Good times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Just made a trip to Total Wine and WOW...The price on my Irish Whisky went down in price. $6 cheaper per bottle than Specs.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                              You mean three buck chuck?
                              Actually the two buck Chuck. The sign outside Trader Joes has it for $1.99. I keep a bottle on hand in case I have VIP guests show up.

Comment

Amen. Specs was Ok when they were small, juts in Houston. Total Wine kills them and equals the customer service.

Comment

Working...
                                X