butcher knife...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

butcher knife...

Here's a butcher knife I cut out and heat treated today, this one is for a buddy of mine.

Nice start. I'd like to see the finished product.

Comment

That's gonna be nice!

Comment

A few more pics.

Comment

looking good have a few that look the same way waiting to peel off the tape and finish the scales

Comment

It ought to make a good one; I like it.

Comment

All that's left is to sharpen it.

Comment

Turned out great! Nice work!

Comment

You know, every time I've wrapped a blade in masking tape or painter's tape to glue on the handle, it always leaves a sticky residue on the blade that I can't get off without sanding it out, which means I have the sand the whole blade all over again. Is there a secret I don't know?

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Denatured works pretty well on fiberglass Sam. Not sure about steel though.

Comment

Might try goo gone... Use it at work and it doesn't damage fiberglass so steel should be fine

Comment

Run it on a scotch brite belt that will clean it up quick.

Comment

When using electrical tape on a connection you expect to have to remove & don't want the glue on the tape sticking, it is typical to turn the first layer of tape backwards (i.e. glue side out) and then after the first layer switch around to the "normal" way.

Comment

I use blue painters tape on my blades as well. It leaves very little glue on the blade and what is left is very easy to clean off. Never been a problem to almost just wipe it off.

Comment

Working...
                              X