White Bass!!! Its getting time!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
    In the process of relocating, been on Chambers lake for the last few years and had a good go at them on the lake through the hot months, but early spring (when the red bud trees just start to bloom) has been good on the side creeks leading into the lake.
    Anyone make a creek or lake suggestion near Crockett? Hoping to get to catch some on the fly rod this year.
    It's been a long time since I went there, but anywhere up the Trinity river. Anywhere from Lake Livingston to highway 7 will be full of them (if not already). Speck rigs and hang on!

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
      ... Pm me, cause honestly I call bs that you have checked more spots then the me and the guys I talk to... And none of them have found any yet, not even males

Now if your talking in the bigger parts of the Rivers from the boat, sure, but run is NOT going yet here
      We're catching them in walk-in spots on creeks. Only checked a couple of our traditional spots and caught plenty of fish. Not one after another yet, but they are starting to stack up. I don't even own a boat

Comment

Some Sabine River whites. Caught on Feb 13th a couple years ago.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	161.3 KB
ID:	24570965

Click image for larger version

Name:	wb2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	180.2 KB
ID:	24570966

Comment

I am going to try to hit Waco this Friday or Saturday. Launch at Flat Rock and head north. I have never fished that end of the lake.

I know they have been catching below the spillway. I may just try to fish the Brazos and run up the Bosque near the spillway and see if they are staging. But I am not sure if launches are Open.

Comment

Man I miss the days when you could drive on the Corp land at Lavon. Back the truck up to the creek, put the Coleman lantern on the tailgate and fish all night long.

Comment

These guys part of the consumption advisory? I have a hard time finding spots i trust eating anything out of the water after reading the tpwd consumption advisory lists.

Comment

I would like to check out Richland or Chambers creeks this weekend. If anyone is for sure going saturday or sunday in DFW, i would be up for joining.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                  We're catching them in walk-in spots on creeks. Only checked a couple of our traditional spots and caught plenty of fish. Not one after another yet, but they are starting to stack up. I don't even own a boat
                  Hey, I don't believe you either! PM me all your spots so I can fact check or call BS

Comment

Whites in Sommerville

Went to Granger and only caught a Black. We went to the North creek in Sommeville and caught several whites and a few Gasspergoos
                    Attached Files

Comment

Anybody around Huntsville, BCS, or Summerville want to meet up for a trip? I have never been and would like to give it a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tx-Burt View Post
                        Went to Granger and only caught a Black. We went to the North creek in Sommeville and caught several whites and a few Gasspergoos

Guess its about time to start walking! I know the creeks in Somerville have plenty water in them right now, so that shouldnt be an issue this year. Good haul by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                          Guess its about time to start walking! I know the creeks in Somerville have plenty water in them right now, so that shouldnt be an issue this year. Good haul by the way.

Where are some public access points to the creeks? I mean, cant just go walking on private property. This is going to be my first year trying to catch whites

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
                            In the process of relocating, been on Chambers lake for the last few years and had a good go at them on the lake through the hot months, but early spring (when the red bud trees just start to bloom) has been good on the side creeks leading into the lake.
                            Anyone make a creek or lake suggestion near Crockett? Hoping to get to catch some on the fly rod this year.
                            Have you fished the Lock and Dam before? I've only been once, but still had a great time. It was a slow day according to the people fishing around us, and between the two of us, my dad and I still caught a 1-man limit.

Comment

Anyone hit up Colorado Bend yet? Need to go check on our property might have to make a fishing trip out of it.

Comment

If you want some info on it, check out this website:

Comment

Working...
                                X