Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone built a mechanized sifter for finding artifacts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone built a mechanized sifter for finding artifacts?

I need one for sure. Building it myself is no problem. Could use some design input. Think it may need at least one conveyor to move the sand away from the sifter once it drops through the hardware cloth or whatever screening material is used. Definitely must have its own engine. A PTO powered, converted peanut combine is not worth considering.

Needs be built to endure hundreds of hours (possibly thousands) in sandy soil. So far two of the ranches are artifact rich.
    Last edited by BaconIsMyFriend; 08-26-2017, 06:48 PM.

GarGuy has built a couple.

Comment

I would be looking at mounting the sieve frame on springs and mounting an engine with a off balance weight on the engine shaft. That's what the vibratory tumblers do.

Comment

Considering this myself. Subscribed. Let's see them.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Comment

Built one to sift out acorns from dirt.

Comment

Still searching for ideas and plans.

Comment

I'd like to see some also

Comment

Garguy would be the best one to help you with that. We use 4x8 tables and manually sift. Wish we were in sand and could use a shaker. So much midden rock in the hill country we have to do it by hand.

Comment

Something like this would be easy to fab. Use a smaller sized screen and not as angled down. You could add an electric motor to vibrate the screen. Make it mobile to move around to your artifact strip mining locations.

Comment

Working...
                  X