Yosemite / Sequoia National Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yosemite / Sequoia National Park

I had the distinct pleasure of visiting both parks for the first time this past week. Unfortunately, my work schedule kept me from getting as much shutter time in as I would have liked, but it was well worth the long hours in the car on both days to take in His awesome creation. Some day I'll make it back when there's a bit more water flowing and a few less people clogging up the roads, 1.5 hours in the car to make the turn around in Yosemite Valley was a little much!!

I will say this for anyone who has the itch to go, a day trip isn't enough!! I vastly underestimated how much time it would take to navigate these parks and I lost some prime-time shooting on both days trying to get from one location to another. If you're going to go, try to do it right and give yourself plenty of time to take it all in and not just get caught up in capturing the moment!

Hope yall enjoy the shots as much as I did taking them, any critiques or suggestions are always welcome. I tried my hand at bracketing exposures for a few of the scenes and I feel like a whole new world of photography has been opened to me!

DSC_0032.jpg by Chris Driscoll, on Flickr

DSC_0017.jpg by Chris Driscoll, on Flickr

DSC_0030.jpg by Chris Driscoll, on Flickr

DSC_0070.jpg by Chris Driscoll, on Flickr

DSC_0077-HDR.jpg by Chris Driscoll, on Flickr

DSC_0083.jpg by Chris Driscoll, on Flickr

DSC_0092-HDR.jpg by Chris Driscoll, on Flickr

Amazing. Definitely on my bucket list. What size wide angle do you think to capture the trees in entirety?

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
      Amazing. Definitely on my bucket list. What size wide angle do you think to capture the trees in entirety?
      I was using a Nikon 5200 with their 16-85mm lens (@16mm), there were quite a few people around when I took the shot so I framed a little higher up the tree to clean it up a bit. I don't know that I could have got the entire tree in the shot at 16mm though, the 11-16mm Tokina is definately on my wish list!

Comment

Great pics

Comment

Awesome pics.

Comment

I went a little over a year ago and spend 3 days in the park. Wish I could have had an additional 3-4 days.

One of God's best creations! if you haven't been and are on the fence, GO! you will not regret it!

Comment

Beautiful shots!

Comment

Wow. What beauty so nicely captured. Thanks for posting!

Comment

Wow

Comment

I grew up just outside of the park. It truly is a wonderful place. It is to bad that politics and idiots are destroying that state.

Comment

Working...
                    X