G5 Broadheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G5 Broadheads

Who uses them? I kind of like the looks of their expandable. Have shot the rage in the past but looking at changing.

I shot the montec ONE time. Shot a pig in STX from 15 yards. perfect shot, zero blood trail. 5 minutes later shot one the same size in same spot with a rage (I know I know) and left a blood trail anyone could follow but didn't need to because he fell in sight. Never did find the montec pig.

I have shot several heads lately both fixed and mech. This year though I am going back to rages. I have never lost an animal with one nor have I ever had a blood trail that was hard to follow. I have probably made 8 to 10 kills with it. So for me what aint broke don't need fixin.

Comment

That's a very good point. Every deer I have killed with the Rage it looked like a murder scene with all the blood. You shooting the 2 or 3 blade?

Comment

I use G5 strikers. Love them

Comment

They have a new G5 striker magnum , I think I might try . Any one shot them yet ?

Comment

I shoot the 2 blade rage. I have not shot the 3 blade, but have seen others shoot it. I believe you get best results with the 2 blade

Comment

Montec CS here. Killed many a pig and many deer. I've haven't had issues with blood trails, but I also keep the blades sharpened. I prefer a fixed blade, but that's just my preference...

Comment

The blood trails normally suck. They are tough and fly good. But there again I hated the blood trails. The blood trails on the Magnum are a different story...

Comment

What about the t3? I have a few aNd have never tried them. Maybe I will this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by rbwilkes View Post
                    What about the t3? I have a few aNd have never tried them. Maybe I will this weekend.
                    Fine thru the ribs. Dont mess up and hit anything harder...

Yes i know i know,,,, shot placement....

Comment

Working...
                    X