stabilizers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stabilizers

Wondering what the opinions on heavy stabilizers vs lite stabilizers. Will a heavier stabilizer hold steadier than a liter one.

Also curious

Comment

Yes a heavier one will help, a longer stabilizer with the weight toward the end will help hold steady too. this will also help quiet your bow down

Comment

having a problem with holding steady on target. just wondering what would be the best place to start. bow is 35'' ata.

Comment

I would try a 10 in bstinger with 4oz. Front weight and go from there.

Comment

thanks

Comment

The bee stingers are good quality, look into them.

Comment

My opinion, which is not backed up by experiments, is for the same length stabilizer, no it will not help. Now with a long one like the serious 3d and target archers use with a weight at the end, yes it will.

If you try to force your pin on the bullseye like a rifle, it will wander off and you'll go crazy trying to push it back- almost like 2 opposing magnets at work. There are lots of web pages with instruction on how to do what is called "floating your pin" on the bullseye instead of forcing the pin to stay stationary.

Here's one, if you google <float pin archery> there are many more.

Many an expert rifleman, our very own David E. Petzal included, will tell you that because you cannot hold a rifle perfectly still in the field, you should not squeeze the trigger so that you're surprised when the rifle goes off, but rather pull it at the precise moment when the crosshairs are where they should be.

I hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks Bill. Went by OnTarget archery today and the owner helped me with this and suggest a stabilizer to help. Cant say enough good things about those guys.

Comment

What did you buy? How long is it and did it help?

Comment

The BStinger Pro hunters are really good stabs. I would go to a shop that stocks them and try different lengths until you find the one that works best for your setup.

Comment

I've been looking into the Octane adjustable stabilizer. Anyone have any word on it?

Comment

If you're serious about getting a stabilizer that will do what it's supposed to do, I'd recommend nothing less than 10" with weights on the end like the Bstingers and Fuse for example. The shorter stabilizers really just add mass weight to the bow IMO. The purpose of the stab is to cut down on left/right torgue and the weights on end helps take the "wobble" out of the bow and at same time steady down the holding on target process.

Comment

Originally posted by jbran53 View Post
                            I've been looking into the Octane adjustable stabilizer. Anyone have any word on it?
                            I looked at one yesterday and would have bought it if it was black. seemed pretty nice and had quite a bit of weight up front.

Comment

Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post
                              If you're serious about getting a stabilizer that will do what it's supposed to do, I'd recommend nothing less than 10" with weights on the end like the Bstingers and Fuse for example. The shorter stabilizers really just add mass weight to the bow IMO. The purpose of the stab is to cut down on left/right torgue and the weights on end helps take the "wobble" out of the bow and at same time steady down the holding on target process.
                              Great advice!

Comment

Working...
                              X