Anyone NOT like the Ruger american?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone NOT like the Ruger american?

I have 3 Two predators (6.5 and 308) and a 22lr. I really like all 3 and all shoot sub MOA. I was just wondering if anyone has had one that they didnt like or that didnt shoot well? Seems like they are a very good shooting gun for a very low price. Other than the stock which I like (even though it does feel cheap), does anyone have any complaints? I have read all the positive reviews, I just wanted to see if there was any negative.

Great guns I have a couple.

Comment

I just bought a left handed one, dropped a Timney trigger and topped with Vortex Viper HS. Stock is absolute crap and I can't find a left handed one anywhere. I spoke to Iota and Hogue who both said start of 2019 you'll start seeing more come out for the American.

Comment

Finally picked one up in 450 Bushmaster. It shoots incredibly well and is very light but still manageable with the factory muzzle brake.
        I resisted for a long time since I’m a wood, red pad, tang safety kind of guy but I’m a believer now.

Comment

Some don’t care for them because of the stock and trigger. Can change both obviously

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
            I just bought a left handed one, dropped a Timney trigger and topped with Vortex Viper HS. Stock is absolute crap and I can't find a left handed one anywhere. I spoke to Iota and Hogue who both said start of 2019 you'll start seeing more come out for the American.
            Check the Boyd’s gunstock site. I see left handed ones in their sales section fairly often.

Comment

Yeah, was looking for synthetic for my wife.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 22-250 that will not feed reliably. I contacted Ruger and they sent me a new magazine and it does the same thing. Aftef doing some research on the interweb it seems it's a known issue with the 22-250. There are several things people have done that they claim fix's the issue. Ruger doesn't seem to have a fix, they just keep sending out magazines that do not work. Ive tried diffrent ammo and a couple of the online magazine hacks. The gun is fixing to get sent to Ruger to have them look at it, but from what i have read they put a new magazine in and say its fixed. Hopefully thats not the case and it gets fixed.
                I have a .17 hmr & 6.5 creedmoor they are great, no issues.
                Last edited by Texas660; 12-19-2018, 05:00 PM. Reason: Grammer

Comment

NO problems here...best value out there IMO!

Comment

I didnt think the trigger was too bad. Especially after you clip a couple coils off.

Comment

I have one or had one. I’m going to try to cut the stock doe. For my 5 year old son. The stocks suck but they are shooters
                      Attached Files

Comment

Nothing from Ruger is BAD..

Comment

The rifle is great, the stock sucks.

I’m happy with my CM, hoping to put together a Grendel next.

I replaced my trigger spring. Found a how-to video on YouTube. I went to the hardwystore, and bought a selection of springs, found the one that makes me happy, and it’s pretty great.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Love mine. 5.56& 300 BO. The stock is crappy, but not as crappy as the Savage Axis stock. I can deal with the stock American stock.
                            KIMG1822 by Tony Pic, on Flickr

Comment

Picked up one in 5.56, newer gen since it uses the ar mags. It’s a shooter, stock still sucks and had to open it up a little at the forend and file down where the mag release is, but for $329 on Black Friday sale it isn’t bad either. Makes for a good pig gun and cheap to shoot.

Comment

Working...
                              X