Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCAM

Recognize and avoid scams:
    •Shipping a vehicle to you is suggested by seller - shipping offers are virtually 100% fraudulent
    •eBay Motors or another intermediary is suggested - any eBay or similar emails sent to you are fake
    •Western Union / money wire is requested - only a scammer will do this, any funds sent will be lost
    •Do not buy sight-unseen, regardless of price. The vehicle does not exist, and money sent will be lost.
    •Stories about divorcees or servicemen needing to sell fast at a low price are mostly fraudulent

flag these as "prohibited" and avoid

Learn more on avoiding scams

Comment

Originally posted by elkbowhunter View Post
      JUST GOT ANOTHER REPLY FROM THE LADY SGT.
      ================================
      Hi again,

The polaris is at the shipping center in Logan , UT and from there will be shipped to my buyer's address. For this transaction I want to use Google Wallet because I want to provide you a fast and very secure way. They will handle the transaction for me. You will make the payment to Google Wallet and they will hold the money until you receive and inspect the atv. Only after you receive the rtv and you inspect it (you have 5 days for inspection) they will release the payment to me. This transaction is covered by Google Wallet Transactions and if something goes wrong in this transaction you will be fully refunded. On the invoice you will have the details on how to make a refundable payment and shipping back the rtv will be my concern. I strongly assure you it will not be the case for a refund. I have used Google Wallet in the past and all my transaction ended successfully.
      I apologize if it seems like I'm pushing on this deal but I really want to be sure that everything is clarified before any further steps. I'm a serious seller and I prefer to deal with a serious buyer. I want a fast and safe transaction for both of us, so if you wish to proceed with the purchase, please provide me your full name and address so I can initiate the transaction.
      Let her know that you will pay double if your terms are met. Then slow roll her/him just to screw with'em.

Comment

You may consider taking the same approach as Tex_Cattleman

Comment

Cardinal rule for CROOKSLIST. If it sounds to be to good to be true. IT IS

Comment

I think the nigerians have hired a few americans.....that is actually worded very well

Comment

if u have to ask... and dont waist your time with it move on really

Comment

"Kind regards" lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by hammer63 View Post
                  Don't believe Polaris made a 900 in 2008...don't think they had EPS then either.
                  This

Comment

Eerily similar to a ranger bass boat I saw for 10k from a Sargent overseas. Scam!

Comment

Tell her that's sound great and you will be in Utah later this week and will pick it up in person if possible. She what this SOB has to say then

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
                        if u have to ask... and dont waist your time with it move on really
                        Ok

Comment

Originally posted by junkmanhunter View Post
                          Send her an email and tell her I want it. I will drive to Utah and meet her to get paperwork signed.
                          I did that once on the same type scam. I got the same basic email saying that he was in Wisconsin and his agent would handle everything. I told him that I have family in the area and would drive up there and pick it up myself with cash in hand. All I heard after that was crickets.

Comment

We all obviously know it's a scam.

I like the optional one wheel drive and sliding adjustable seat.

Comment

well your too late!! sounded like such a good deal i beat you to it!! she said it would be here next week but the mail is running a couple of months behind

Comment

Scam!!!!! Have had a lot of this on CL!! Be careful brother!

Comment

Working...
                                X