Euro mount help... ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euro mount help... ideas

Was doing a euro for my friend’s latest whitetail. Well- got most of the stuff off the skill and went to town for supper. Got back and the dog had found a way to get the head and chewed it. Broke bones around nasal cavity and the front part of the the nose. I can’t find the bones and he chewed on it pretty good.

Anyone had any luck with those reproduction skulls? They look good? Gosh- Stinkin dog

Did one before had issues getting the horns to look right ended up sitting in the closet.. dont even known here it is now but if you did one that used the skull plate and not have to cut the horns off it might work better not sure if this helps or not

Comment

Euro mount help... ideas

Where are you located? How bad is it? I do them and have had some luck rebuilding them using bones from older euros that I’ve done. Super glue is your friend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Fake skull from McKenzie.

Comment

I saw a reproduction at a taxidermist’s show display and you couldn’t tell it was fake. He said the deer was from a CWD area and they weren’t allowed to bring the skull back...or something like that.

Comment

Time to go Back hunting....

Comment

I have a few dead heads laying around, I even tried to break off some of the skull bones that it looked like I was missing but I dont know....

(located in Canadian, TX)

Feel like a goof- my wife even asked if I Was going to leave it in the backyard---

mountain mike replica skulls look pretty good, especially the painted ones. I just dont know.

Comment

Talk to your friend... definitely get his opinion. Accidents happen and it just a deer. Good luck.

Comment

Most of the reproduction skulls look like crap imo, I saw some once that were made from a mold of an actuall skull and the material used looked and felt like real bone, but I think they were custom made and can’t be bought. I’d look into taking really good pictures and measurements of the spread and mounting the horns on another deers skull. Bondo some all thread into the skull, drill holes in the bottom of the antler bases, add bono on the exposed all thread and stick them on

Comment

You can cut off the antlers and use a different skull. Have to put screws and epoxy. Be very careful.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                      You can cut off the antlers and use a different skull. Have to put screws and epoxy. Be very careful.
                      Yup I’ve done this. Get measurements for inside spread and make sure to get angle of antlers right.

Comment

Hadn’t thought of that... y’all got and videos or how too’s of that process

Comment

Originally posted by bear View Post
                          Hadn’t thought of that... y’all got and videos or how too’s of that process

I will try to find one. It is a pain. But works.

Comment

You could always sawzall the top part of the skull off.. I actually kinda like it like that where it can sit flat on a table and display the antlers. Let me snap a pic of mine and I will post.

Comment

Originally posted by peterp63 View Post
                              You could always sawzall the top part of the skull off.. I actually kinda like it like that where it can sit flat on a table and display the antlers. Let me snap a pic of mine and I will post.

Here you go.. it’s a muley but you get the idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X