No announcement yet.

Best Factory Hunting Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one rifle is good for all situations but as much as I hate to say it the Ruger American may be perfect. They shoot fantastic which is what really counts and they are cheap so you can then put extra money into top notch glass which also helps in many situations. Oh and the trigger is good without having to replace it.

For me the older I get I don't care about how pretty a gun is or how expensive. I want accuracy

Comment

You've got to give some sort of budget limitations. Best under $600 or best under $1500 etc.

But in general, I'm going to go with a tikka. It's the only factory rifle that has a decent trigger imo.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Depends on the price point.

Comment

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
          You've got to give some sort of budget limitations. Best under $600 or best under $1500 etc.

But in general, I'm going to go with a tikka. It's the only factory rifle that has a decent trigger imo.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
          Nope. This is purely subjective.

By factory, I mean something without a waiting period. Something a person could order from a distributor and have in your hands within a week. Or walk into your LGS and have today.

Comment

Sako

Comment

Sako it is then.

Comment

My Dad had a standard Marlin 336 that he and I both killed many deer with, would consider that our 'best' hunting rifle.
                Myself, I've had Rugers, Marlins, Weatherbys, Savage ... my personal go-to-rifle is the Savage 110 in .270. Sometimes I will doubt it, don't know why, and start wanting something else but take it to the range and it still surprises me how accurate that gun is.

Comment

Weatherby Mark V, Sako

Comment

I love my Remington 7mm Rem. Mag. Sendero Special. It's not something to tote around mountains.But for blind shooting, it's greatness.

Lots of fine firearms to choose from.

Comment

Browning A-Bolt 3006. Also like my daughters savage 243, love the accused trigger. Want to get a 25 06 savage.

Comment

I will tell you, I have a Parker-Hale .243 that for some reason is an absolute tack driver with the right loads. I mean it will stack rounds and if doesn't its my fault.

Comment

Tikka is you are looking for under $600
                          Sako for higher price.

Comment

Ruger # 1

Comment

Savage 110. I've owned just about all of the other brands too. I also prefer the older Winchester 70 featherweights as well as older Marlin levers.

Comment

My "best” factory hunting rifle... is a weatherby! Mine shoots lights out and the wood grain in the stock is very nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X