Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
    Hey Jason, I received the Photon today and mounted it on my AR. Can't wait to try it out.
    Make sure to give us a review!

Comment

Following

Comment

Couldn't tell too much in the backyard last night. Several of the neighbors have outside lights and I had some bright spots. I was able to read the name of my boat at about 25 yards when I could only see a dim outline of the boat with the naked eye.

I also tried it in my darkened hallway. There is a bear figurine on top of a bookcase at the end, I could clearly identify the bear with the Photon when I couldn't see it. I need to play around with the controls to see what works for me. Hopefully I can get down to the farm in NC in the next couple of weeks. I think I'm going to have fun with this new toy.

Comment

Glad to hear it Phillip. I think you are going to be impressed when you get it out in some more open spaces were you can see further.

Comment

Also, just to let everyone know I should have the 3.5x42 Photons in stock tomorrow. They are supposed to be shipped today from Sightmark. They received no 5x units and they said to consider them discontinued and done with.

I guess if someone really wants the extra magnification they can go with a UNV 1.7x doubler. I'm a dealer for them now, as well as the UNV 20ir illuminators.

If anyone has any questions or is interested in a 3.5x Photon drop me a PM.

- Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
              Chuy,

Do you think the UNV 201R is any real benefit? Have you tried a doubler?
              Its a HUGE benefit. Well worth the money. The on-board IR illuminator is kind of disappointing on the photon, with the UNV its like night and day, pun intended. You can adjust the beam too, which is very handy when going from short to long shots.

I have not tried the doubler, yet, but may make that transition later. Reviews look good

I DID just order the recorder attachment for the Photon and plan on putting it to use, whenever that may be, so thats exciting.

Comment

Hit up the range this morning to sight in one of my new FLIR setups. Headed to the lease mañana to break em in on some hogs and yotes!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399499422.353910.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	24302913

Comment

^^^dannnnggg!!

Comment

My other one is setup on a AR10 and handled the recoil with ease.

Comment

this is a good thread, keep it coming, getting the fever!

Comment

In addition to the 5x being discontinued, they are switching away from the knobs on the photons and moving to buttons instead, as well as going all digital. Sounds like their next product will be more like pulsar's DNV offerings. No eta from Sightmark yet on when they will make the switch but I would buy the current configuration while you can. They are well worth it!

Comment

I like that Flir setup. Anyone ever used a fusion night vision + thermal sight?
                          Last edited by jawdog; 05-07-2014, 09:24 PM.

Comment

My Armasight thermal. Great varmint hunter.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I think I'm gonna go with this option...........

Comment

[ATTACH]619625[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                                X