No announcement yet.

Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought a ATN X-Sight II 5x20 to start hunting with night vision.

Can’t wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HansETX View Post
      The other night I walked in after seeing no hogs for the past 5 nights and told my wife.. "Babe we've got a hog problem.. the problem is I haven't seen any hogs lately!!" She looked at me like I was an idiots which is her go-to look for when I talking about anything that she could care less about.. haha! No hogs is a good thing but it looks like I'll have to start patrolling some of our other fields away from the house.. No more lazy front porch hunting for me.. Got a couple hunts here where I caught a couple lonely boars slippin'... What are y'all seeing out there??

https://youtu.be/nxOFl6iWimU
      Been very slow for me also! hardly seeing any pigs.

Jan-April we put a hurting on them out in fields at night. That all stopped

Comment

Originally posted by HansETX View Post
        The other night I walked in after seeing no hogs for the past 5 nights and told my wife.. "Babe we've got a hog problem.. the problem is I haven't seen any hogs lately!!" She looked at me like I was an idiots which is her go-to look for when I talking about anything that she could care less about.. haha! No hogs is a good thing but it looks like I'll have to start patrolling some of our other fields away from the house.. No more lazy front porch hunting for me.. Got a couple hunts here where I caught a couple lonely boars slippin'... What are y'all seeing out there??

https://youtu.be/nxOFl6iWimU

We killed over 30 in about a month (most with traps) and I haven’t seen any in the past two trips to the farm. Saturday night I was out and saw 2 hog doggers with a couple of dogs walking through the field just below our property so guessing between us and them, pressure has temporarily moved them out of our pastures. They’ll be back.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
          I see dead hogs [emoji16][emoji203]

And like @Lip stated a possible Core RXQ30 in the future [emoji849]☠️☠️☠️🤣🤣🤣

I’m really glad I bought one. It’s so much easier scoping the field without having to swing an AR back and forth

Comment

Glad to hear you are thinning them Lip. But yep....they'll be back.

Great pics guys, lots of hogs getting slaughtered!

Comment

Quick update:

I've got a ton of thermal and digital NV in stock. Pular, FLIR, Sightmark, the new ATN X-Sight 4K's.... Feel free to PM me or call for details, I've got a bunch of stuff coming back into stock after 6 months of all being back ordered.

(877)350-1818
              We take the confusion out of night vision and thermal optics. We've helped thousands of customers find the optic that is right for their specific situation. At Outdoor Legacy we pride ourselves on offering honest, unbiased pre-purchase advice and customer service after the sale. Have questions? Call us (877)350-1818

- Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
                I’m really glad I bought one. It’s so much easier scoping the field without having to swing an AR back and forth

And like you also said a back up rifle for someone tagging along would be welcomed. The man I bought my AR-10 from had some good deals on AR mutants I wouldn’t mind adding to the stable. Had a group the other night I didn’t get video of that having two guns running could of shot a few more out of.

My biggest thing is practicing judging distance at night. Kanyon’s hog i would of swore was big and far off. Turns out he was 110 and about 50yds away. Definitely going to keep ranging landmarks during the day in areas they frequent and keep plugging at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                  Quick update:

I've got a ton of thermal and digital NV in stock. Pular, FLIR, Sightmark, the new ATN X-Sight 4K's.... Feel free to PM me or call for details, I've got a bunch of stuff coming back into stock after 6 months of all being back ordered.

(877)350-1818
                  We take the confusion out of night vision and thermal optics. We've helped thousands of customers find the optic that is right for their specific situation. At Outdoor Legacy we pride ourselves on offering honest, unbiased pre-purchase advice and customer service after the sale. Have questions? Call us (877)350-1818

- Jason
                  I can see on IG and Fb... everyone is getting Pulsar's in stock at the same time! EVERYONE lol

Comment

Well that’s a first...

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                      I can see on IG and Fb... everyone is getting Pulsar's in stock at the same time! EVERYONE lol
                      That's true....but not EVERYONE is a TBH sponsor.

It's just the time of year. Everyone who's been in this business long knows that Nov-March are the busy months and you play catch up and build inventory in April-October. It's just that no one had ever seen a Nov-March as crazy as the industry just experienced. We've been in an oil and gas boom of thermal but as expected, it goes away as fast as it came. Things are getting back to normal. It will be interesting to see how it plays out this fall though. Only time will tell.

Comment

Well that’s a first...
                        Dang Russell, you know how to tick off the liberals! I've dodged those restrictions so far but I keep waiting to get one. I'm guessing some bunny hugger reported your video.

Comment

Dang Russell, you know how to tick off the liberals! I've dodged those restrictions so far but I keep waiting to get one. I'm guessing some bunny hugger reported your video.

Well they’ve also hated on the calf catcher video because I was ripping a baby calf from it’s momma. Never mind she could and will FOLLOW you wherever you go, which is the whole point. Now that the calf is born I can put momma on feed and the pair closer too the house for protection.

Come too think of it, they’re gonna be really hot come calving season when I swap the thermal to the AR15 and pop coyotes from my upstairs window in my bedroom [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Well they’ve also hated on the calf catcher video because I was ripping a baby calf from it’s momma. Never mind she could and will FOLLOW you wherever you go, which is the whole point. Now that the calf is born I can put momma on feed and the pair closer too the house for protection.

Come too think of it, they’re gonna be really hot come calving season when I swap the thermal to the AR15 and pop coyotes from my upstairs window in my bedroom [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

LOL!!! Ya you're going to have their California heads exploding over there. I think we all know how the liberal mindset and logic works......it doesn't work at all. They don't care about the fact that you're killing animals that root up crops.....the crops that they want all of us to eat when we become vegetarians like them.

Comment

Well we’re getting serious down here on the coast, if I got time in the coming weeks gonna be building a jump seat for the ranger. It’d be nice to have a seat already in the bed instead of climbing up and down on the roof all night for a better vantage.

Comment

That's true....but not EVERYONE is a TBH sponsor.

It's just the time of year. Everyone who's been in this business long knows that Nov-March are the busy months and you play catch up and build inventory in April-October. It's just that no one had ever seen a Nov-March as crazy as the industry just experienced. We've been in an oil and gas boom of thermal but as expected, it goes away as fast as it came. Things are getting back to normal. It will be interesting to see how it plays out this fall though. Only time will tell.
                                My side hustle is in overdrive right now. Hopefully, I'll have one ordered while they're still in stock.

Comment

Working...
                                X