Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

molassas tubs for Deer??

Anybody use one that works for deer?

Never used them but I have seen deer eating at them that the rancher had set up for cattle

Comment

I put some out about 5 years ago in 2 of our pins and the deer ran from them at first. Then they started getting comfortable with them in the pins and would eat the corn. But they never ate any of the molasses. Just my experience with them. Results may vary!

Comment

I saw an antelope licking one in Wyoming several years ago. He was going at it like a kid on a lollipop ! Brown drool coming out of his mouth. I thought it was funny !

Comment

I'd suggest trying a smaller one before going to the big 200 lb one. And get a hard cooked one so it doesn't sour as fast

Comment

I heard some of the medicated based tubs can be harmful to whitetail. Some tubs are infused with fly/ antibiotic chemicals.

Comment

Don't waste your money.

Comment

Originally posted by WTN View Post
                Don't waste your money.
                X2, the deer can benefit more from a supplement they can actually eat rather than wasting their time standing around licking on a block or tub.

Comment

I use to get a deer tub from the local feed store. It was a green tub. It took awhile for the deer to get on it but once they did they tore them up. Why they stopped selling it is beyond me.

Comment

I tried a molasses tub last year in the spring. Deer didnt touch it but the hogs loved it.

Comment

Try a dry, granular mineral mixed in the dirt. Whitetail Institute makes one that deer love, and I've used it many times, but Grandpa Ray's Outdoors sells one that IMO is better and cheaper. The guy who makes it is a deer nutritionist and knows what deer need. I like to keep up with antler growth by placing cameras at my mineral sites.

Comment

I've used the Lyssey & Eckel brand and my deer loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by tbgascorer View Post
                          I've used the Lyssey & Eckel brand and my deer loved it.
                          Do the hogs get into them as well?

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                            Do the hogs get into them as well?
                            No hogs in our part of Mills.

Comment

Working...
                            X