Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GI Joes.....Kind of an off the wall question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GI Joes.....Kind of an off the wall question.

But where would a guy go or who would I talk to,to get GI Joes appraised? As a kid I acquired a bunch that I never took out of the original boxes. Some of the smaller action figures and vehicles that I actually did take out of the boxes. I doubt I'll sell them just yet but even as a kid I always said I wouldn't take them out of the boxes because they'd be worth something someday. Maybe I was right,maybe not. It would be interesting to know what they're worth. I got them all about 20-25 years ago. I've got some pretty cool GI Joes that you just don't see much of anymore. I got to thinking about them and figured I'd ask people who may know.

I think I have right around 32 of them. I can't remember exactly which ones right off the top of my head. I have a General Patton GI Joe,along with his bull terrier I never opened. I have several like that,that I always figured would be worth money someday. Kind of an odd thing to think when you're 7 or 8 years old but I did.

Comment

Ebay

Comment

Andy the “40 year old virgin” will know exactly what they are worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Could try google, i have a few hundred hot wheels cars and johnny lighting box sets worth a few bucks

Comment

Just google Toy Appraisers in your area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ktex View Post
              Ebay
              Why that's not the first thing I looked at,I don't know. I looked up the George S. Patton GI Joe and it's selling for $100 on Ebay. I have a D-Day Big Red 1 GI Joe that goes for $90.

Comment

I have a pile of old toys still in the boxes. From late 60s to early 80s.
                One is an Evil Knieval Scramble Van! Seen one on Ebay listed for $600!
                One G.I. Joe fang copter.
                Even an anatomically correct male baby doll from the 70s.

Bought em from a guy that found em in his late grandma's attic.

Probably 25-30 toys.

I plan on listing them on Ebay when I get time.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                  Why that's not the first thing I looked at,I don't know. I looked up the George S. Patton GI Joe and it's selling for $100 on Ebay. I have a D-Day Big Red 1 GI Joe that goes for $90.
                  See if you can find any of those in the completed auctions...that is going to be your market if you can find equivalents.

I'm sure there are a few vintage toy forums you could join as well. I bet those vintage star wars toys I destroyed as a kid would be worth a pile.

Comment

My cousins used to have one of the 7 1/2 foot GI Joe Aircraft Carriers but they played with it and lost most of the parts. Today that thing could sell for $5,000. I remember seeing that huge box in their garage and wanting to take it home with me. No telling where it's at right now. Probably under a mountain of trash somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                      See if you can find any of those in the completed auctions...that is going to be your market if you can find equivalents.

I'm sure there are a few vintage toy forums you could join as well. I bet those vintage star wars toys I destroyed as a kid would be worth a pile.
                      I've been kind of getting a rough estimate on what I could expect to see them go for so far. I have some other stuff too like Star Wars,Ninja Turtles and Hotwheels cars. But mostly GI Joes and things similar to them. I have a lot of these Soldiers of the World action figures but they're not going for near as much as GI Joes. I have an old army jeep that rolls back and forth on it's own,the headlights light up and stuff but I can't even find it with a Google search.

Comment

Working...
                      X